United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Stickman

Fletcher is one of our more consistent players and a real big game man.

The fact nobody seems to have any qualms about him starting any match now says it all for how far hes come along.

Id agree with one of the first names on the teamsheet for now, why not just play Wayne in front of him and Carrick. With support from the wings and Berba leading the line I think that would be a strong setup.

He certainly knows how to fight for the jersey.

Unread 10-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I think people are going over board tbh. Technically Fletcher isn't very good. We need to sign a midfielder desperatly imo.
I really don't know how you can say that.

What you class as being technically good?

He has a great touch and his passing is very accurate. He has good feet and is improving all the time when in possession.

Fletch is fast becoming a real class act.

Unread 10-08-2009, 10:25 AM
thatsfuctit

did you see Hansen pick him out on MOTD last year? - pinpointed how hard he grafts and organizes the midfield, not particularly a glitzy contribution, but invaluable. Very structured in terms of where he goes, who he picks up, who he trys to pull into the defensive structure.

Unread 10-08-2009, 10:33 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
can't agree with that. if he had come into the team two years ago everybody would be raving about him. perceptions are still coloured by his first few years, unfairly.

one of the best central m/fders in the country for the last two years at least and the best youth product we've had in a decade.
Yeah, OK.

Unread 10-08-2009, 10:36 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

He has a great touch and his passing is very accurate. He has good feet and is improving all the time when in possession.

Because he turns in a huge circle with 4-5 touches when only 1-2 are needed?

He works hard and is great in certain games, he is a very good squad player, that is all. He doesn't have any pace and as I say with his touches he isn't great technically.

One thing I like about him is he never goes missing in big games, big games are the 'certain games' I mean, he does a great job for us in them, he gives us legs in midfield and doesn't go missing. Carrick however seems to go missing in big games all the time now.

I like Fletcher and think he is a superb squad player, or even a good first team started, all I'm saying is people are going a bit over board with him.

Unread 10-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Ginners

rio should be the next captain, fletcher in a few years could very easily be captain. has come on leaps and bounds in recent years.

Unread 10-08-2009, 10:45 AM
antonin jablonsky

I can see Jonny Evans being a future United captain.

Unread 10-08-2009, 10:50 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Yeah, OK.
no probs, happy to help

Unread 10-08-2009, 10:54 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

Yep. People just trot out the same shit about him because no matter how good he becomes, he will always be 'the Scottish player'.
Closed Thread