United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-08-2009, 09:55 PM
suedeshoes

Default Vidic?

Off to Milan according to some. Iceberg? Common knowledge? Debts repayments kickin hard. As the kid sez. Dont shoot the mesenger. I quote:

Firstly, don't shoot the messenger, I don't do WUMS, I am merely passing on the details of a phonecall I received just now from a mate with some pretty reliable connections in the press and at United.

Basically he said the following:

Vidic isn't injured, he is in fact in the process of being sold to either AC Milan or Barcelona for £55 million and that is the reason he has been withdrawn "injured" for two weeks. He has caved in to pressure from his missus and although United have offered to up his salary by £30K he has said no. He is apparently due to be sold as soon as we secure his replacement, an as yet unnamed 6'4 Dutch centre half...

It gets worse...

We were 60 days from administration, £60 million of the £80 million we got for Ronnie has gone on the debt, up to 15000 ST holders haven't renewed and although there is a 20,000 waiting list, very few have taken up the offer of an ST. Fergie has been given the job of releasing assets for top price (Vidic, Ronaldo etc) and to win the league using youth players and/or cheap acquisitions and United are in the process of massive cost cutting to pay off sums we currently can't afford. He is also being pressured to buy players on the cheap now and sell at profit in the coming years for the forseeable future to service the repayments on the debt.

As I said, I am only passing this on, don't know how much, if any, to believe but wondered if anybody on here had heard anything along the same lines?

Unread 07-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Whalefish

That was sent into, or taken from, here:

http://www.football-rumours.com/

Partytown on RI Main who is well connected with OT players and coaching staff has said there's nowt in the Vidic absence other than the lad actually being injured. There was an issue though which has now been resolved.

No idea about the rest tbh.

Unread 07-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Hopskipjump

I hope your wrong ah sod it eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

Unread 07-08-2009, 10:01 PM
dunk

%@#$&!s.

Unread 07-08-2009, 10:01 PM
armchair

I bet you forward those email virus warnings too.

Unread 07-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Whalefish

6'4 Dutch centre half.

Jip Jap coming back?

Unread 07-08-2009, 10:05 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I bet you forward those email virus warnings too.

Hey Arms (or is it 'chair'). This isnt my style, you know that. I'm just saying. I saw it. I'm interested. It's interesting tho init?

I've had it shot down by some one who knows someone and confirmed by someone who knows someone. One of them innit.

Unread 07-08-2009, 10:05 PM
RedMenace

It was an exact post posted on RI today and there's about 6 pages of people debunking every part of it. No need to go through it again on here. Hopefully

Unread 07-08-2009, 10:07 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Complete & utter bolocks If there was even a sniff of United going in to administration it would be all over the press in minutes. As for Vidic.... any money says he is a united player come 1st September.

Unread 07-08-2009, 10:08 PM
thatsfuctit

£55 million ?!?!

Unread 07-08-2009, 10:09 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
£55 million ?!?!
Tbf if that money ever was offered for him they'd be daft not to take it.

Unread 07-08-2009, 10:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Especially if they could get a 6'4'' dutch center half for a fraction of the fee and still have Evans, Rio, O'Shea, Brown, Cathcart and so on and so forth...

Nah, £#%&! it, not having it.

Unread 07-08-2009, 10:11 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
True dat.

Unread 07-08-2009, 10:12 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
6'4 Dutch centre half.

Jip Jap coming back?
Van Buyten

Unread 07-08-2009, 10:12 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Hey Arms (or is it 'chair'). This isnt my style, you know that. I'm just saying. I saw it. I'm interested. It's interesting tho init?

I've had it shot down by some one who knows someone and confirmed by someone who knows someone. One of them innit.
you can submit stories to http://www.football-rumours.com/

it's not a reliable source

that's all i'm saying and if you do get an email saying "happy birthday" don't open it as it'll wipe your harddrive

Unread 07-08-2009, 10:16 PM
marlo

i had to stop at £55m.

£55m for vidic
fergie should step down if he rejected it.....

£55m for nemanja vidic ffs

suedeshoes

£#%&!-alls reliable 'cept true love. I emailed someone I know who works for MUFC who I dont email often coz they're a 'Glazerite stooge' and I'm and 'FC traitor' blah, blah, blah but we've known each other a long time and I emailed about the administration bizniz and it was them who mentioned the Vidic stuff. When I saw that post on RI I thought it was interesting. I don't think he'll go.

Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Van Buyten
He's Belgian.

Or are you going to tell me that's the same thing.

Unread 07-08-2009, 10:17 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
He's Belgian.

Or are you going to tell me that's the same thing.
more or less.

who was the other dutch centre half we were heavily linked with a few years back who amounted to nowt as well.

Unread 07-08-2009, 10:18 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
i had to stop at £55m.

£55m for vidic
fergie should step down if he rejected it.....

£55m for nemanja vidic ffs
True, wouldn't go so far as to say Ferie should step down but you could not turn down that kind of money. Unless it was City in for him. Even then..
Closed Thread