Yes 24 43.64%
No 31 56.36%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 07-08-2009, 12:08 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
fergie isnt happy with our dealings, you can tell in his interviews.

'there isnt good value in the market'
'we were quoted ridiculous prices for the players we enquired about'

this suggests he wanted to bring players in.

there is nothign wrong with not being happy we let go of the best player and havent strengthened the squad.
marlo, you're never £#%&!ing happy. It wouldn't matter who the £#%&! we brought in (unless it was Zlatan )

It pretty obvious you're a glory hunter who doesn't understand what United is about.

I'm pretty tired of your shit/pathetic wums where every thread has to be about you, so for that reason, I'm out of this one now. I can't be £#%&!ing arsed any more

Edit: My original post wasn't aimed specifically at you but I knew you'd be the first to respond.

Unread 07-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Stickman

Personally Im delighted with the look of Valencia, as said, hes a beast and hes gonna £#%&! some left backs up good and proper this season

Obertan - cant possibly comment

Owen - will prove to be good business imo and will certainly break the 10 league mark too.

I just think with Ronaldo going, without sounding too obvious, we really really need goals from midfield. One more signing and id go from not happy to delighted, thats how thin a line it is for me. At the moment, I dont think we have progressed any possible best 11.

we will be in the running for everything however as our squad depth is huge.

Unread 07-08-2009, 12:11 PM
J_RED

I think we should have sold everyone apart from Anderson and then just bought the Fifa world XI dream team , in fact I think we should do this every year even if that means selling some players we have just to buy them straight back

Unread 07-08-2009, 12:15 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Personally Im delighted with the look of Valencia, as said, hes a beast and hes gonna £#%&! some left backs up good and proper this season

Obertan - cant possibly comment

Owen - will prove to be good business imo and will certainly break the 10 league mark too.

I just think with Ronaldo going, without sounding too obvious, we really really need goals from midfield. One more signing and id go from not happy to delighted, thats how thin a line it is for me. At the moment, I dont think we have progressed any possible best 11.

we will be in the running for everything however as our squad depth is huge.
It would be nice to get a player like Silva but it ain't goning to happen. The debt would have swallowed that £80m, despite the Glazers/Gill/Fergie saying we have the money to spend.

But our squad is awesome anyway. A mixture of experience & top quality youth, plus a load of other youngsters coming through the ranks, being taught by one of the best in the business.

If people can't see that the future is very, very bright, then they ought to watch a different sport becasue they sure as £#%&! don't know much about football.

Unread 07-08-2009, 12:16 PM
dunk

I'm happy enough. Just thought and think the midfield needed strengthening from a presence/tackling/attacking pov.

Although I think I understand why it hasn't been.

Unread 07-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Tumescent Throb

i think it must be a pretty hollow experience watching United and not understanding what it's all about.

I don't even begin to understand this idea that we haven't strengthened the squad either. we've brought in a world renowned goalscorer and a brilliant right winger.

this is a clear strengthening of the squad since Ronaldo left.

Unread 07-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
i think it must be a pretty hollow experience watching United and not understanding what it's all about.

I don't even begin to understand this idea that we haven't strengthened the squad either. we've brought in a world renowned goalscorer and a brilliant right winger.

this is a clear strengthening of the squad since Ronaldo left.
I certainly never alluded to that. My point is I think its highly debatable we have any stronger starting 11 combos (seeing as best team doesnt exist this days) than we had last season.

If Hargreaves returns fit as a fiddle then yeah, possibly.

Unread 07-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I certainly never alluded to that. My point is I think its highly debatable we have any stronger starting 11 combos (seeing as best team doesnt exist this days) than we had last season.

If Hargreaves returns fit as a fiddle then yeah, possibly.
never said you did stickman, £#%&!ing hell

twas the numpties i was talking about

Unread 07-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
never said you did stickman, £#%&!ing hell

twas the numpties i was talking about

Unread 07-08-2009, 01:19 PM
Pete's Shoes

I don't see how anyone can be happy that we've lost Ronaldo. I don't blame anyone or see that it could have been avoided but it still not making me happy that he's gone so the question is somewhat ridiculous imo.
That said Valencia looks the part and the more I see of Owen the more comfortable I feel that he is with us. Berba and Owen actually look decent together. Could ROoney become the goalscoring midfielder we all seem to want? I'm not sure about that but he has all the qualities

Unread 07-08-2009, 02:07 PM
naes_sean

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
marlo, you're never £#%&!ing happy. It wouldn't matter who the £#%&! we brought in (unless it was Zlatan )

It pretty obvious you're a glory hunter who doesn't understand what United is about.

I'm pretty tired of your shit/pathetic wums where every thread has to be about you, so for that reason, I'm out of this one now. I can't be £#%&!ing arsed any more

Edit: My original post wasn't aimed specifically at you but I knew you'd be the first to respond.

Unread 07-08-2009, 02:19 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
Bit of a beatdown that.

Unread 07-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Gazw649

[quote=Tumescent Throb;1630904]very happy

Owen on a free is fair enough, although I'd prefer to go with Macheda and Welbeck tbh. No idea about Obertan.

Valencia is a £#%&!ing beast

buzzing at the prospect of United's brilliant crop of young talent being let loose in the shirt.[/QUOTE]

Are they normally strapped in?

Unread 07-08-2009, 03:31 PM
Rossi the Red

We signed Michael Owen...how can anyone be happy with that FFS!

Unread 07-08-2009, 04:55 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
And lets not forget the most significant signing of all

MAME DIOUF

£#%&! me. He's massive.

Unread 07-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
£#%&! me. He's massive.
that made me laugh more than it should tbf

Unread 07-08-2009, 05:38 PM
S/Side.Red

The two senior players we've signed are not as good as the ones we lost, so it's hard to be happy about that. But we're in a position of strengthening from within. Our transfer activity has left us weaker, but if Macheda, Welbeck and Fabio can make themselves regular members of the first-team squad and Evans, Anderson and Rafael keep getting better, we may be stronger overall. So not particularly happy with our overall transfer activity this summer, but still quite pleased with the general shape of the shape, especially the players coming through.

Unread 07-08-2009, 05:40 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
The two senior players we've signed are not as good as the ones we lost, so it's hard to be happy about that. B
Owen may not be a better footballer than Tevez, but he will do damn lot more on the goal scoring front.

and you can't replace the best player in the world so, considering what we've lost. No matter who we bring in they've got the burden of "Will they score anywhere near the amount of goals ronaldo did"

Unread 07-08-2009, 05:45 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Owen may not be a better footballer than Tevez, but he will do damn lot more on the goal scoring front.
I would have been optimistic that, had Tevez stayed, he would have done better this year. His first season saw a good return in terms of goals: 14 in the league, with a further five in the cups. So he's capable of that. I'm still not sure Owen is. But also, as you suggest, he also offers far more in other departments. Overall, I'd rather be going into the new season with him in the squad than Owen.

Unread 07-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I would have been optimistic that, had Tevez stayed, he would have done better this year. His first season saw a good return in terms of goals: 14 in the league, with a further five in the cups. So he's capable of that. I'm still not sure Owen is. But also, as you suggest, he also offers far more in other departments. Overall, I'd rather be going into the new season with him in the squad than Owen.
nah.
Closed Thread