United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-08-2009, 08:03 PM
wonky no

Default michael carrick and goals from central midfield

Fletch got 3 or 4 last season, anderson didn't score and carrick didn't get more than fletch (i don't think). I was hoping for the cougar to hit a few this season but it looks unlikely.

it's a bit of a problem really and i'm struggling to think of a reason why. Scholes doesn't weigh in with many these days which leaves giggs as top scoring central midfielder. The lads coming through in that position, namely possebon and gibbo cant help them selves when there's a shot on.

The pressure on our strikers and wingers to score is pretty intense as it is now that hot pants has gone.

Keane/robson/ince/ all used to get a few when we played 442

Unread 06-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Coracao

Carrick doesn't shoot often enough for me, which is pretty stupid as he has a pretty decent crack on him.

Unread 06-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Grimson

Vidic chips in with a fair few, which not every side can count on from defenders. We'll still score 90+, which is all that matters.

Unread 06-08-2009, 08:08 PM
redmike

This season will be different, anderson will start banging them in.

Unread 06-08-2009, 08:10 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Vidic chips in with a fair few, which not every side can count on from defenders. We'll still score 90+, which is all that matters.
its pretty important though when our third striker has a contract with bupa.

Stu is right there isn't enough shots in anger from carrick. i can't think why though, he turns them down too often. i used to love seeing scholes stand 10 yards outside the box at a corner and then latch onto a ball. its an art to perfect but its something every midfielder should have in his bag.

Unread 06-08-2009, 08:22 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Default although he is one of ours

I just don't think Carrick is the deal, never have done

Why we didn't pull De Rossi with the state Roma are in - but what do I know

Unread 06-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Why are you so confident about this?

Unread 06-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Carrick doesn't shoot often enough for me, which is pretty stupid as he has a pretty decent crack on him.
both feet too

Unread 06-08-2009, 11:42 PM
armchair

he should be getting 10 a season - fergie didn't even mention him in his 100 goals quotes

red rag to a bull hopefully

Unread 06-08-2009, 11:44 PM
Mr_Ed

I think he needs to learn to make easy passes to team mates first...

Unread 06-08-2009, 11:50 PM
Stickman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
good vid that.

Unread 07-08-2009, 02:51 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
Why are you so confident about this?
I meant 70 actually. Still nearly 2 a game on average.

Unread 07-08-2009, 09:06 AM
Gog Coch

Carrick got slaughtered on the MUTV phone in last night. McIlroy had a job defending him.

Unread 07-08-2009, 09:11 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch
Carrick got slaughtered on the MUTV phone in last night. McIlroy had a job defending him.
That's because our support is mainly full of know nothing £#%&!ers, unfortunately. Especially the ones that phone up MUTV.

Unread 07-08-2009, 09:17 AM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

I see carrick is favourite to take up this seasons scapegoat tag.

Unread 07-08-2009, 09:20 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I've noticed that recently, definitely the early favourite.

Unread 07-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Yep, looking forward to it.

Michael Carrick has played in central midfield during one of the most successful periods in Ferguson's reign yet he is useless apparently.

Our support is extremely embarrassing at times. Its a massive let down for me but I suppose its par for the course. Some of the clowns that sit in the stretty now beggar belief. £#%&!ing clueless. They are the same dick heads that screamed 'argentina, argentina' until their dicks fell off.

MUTV itself is an absolute embarrassment.

Thank £#%&! its friday.

Unread 07-08-2009, 09:26 AM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Yep, looking forward to it.

Michael Carrick has played in central midfield during one of the most successful periods in Ferguson's reign yet he is useless apparently.

Our support is extremely embarrassing at times. Its a massive let down for me but I suppose its par for the course. Some of the clowns that sit in the stretty now beggar belief. £#%&!ing clueless. They are the same dick heads that screamed 'argentina, argentina' until their dicks fell off.

MUTV itself is an absolute embarrassment.

Thank £#%&! its friday.
Agreed!

Unread 07-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Withers

However none of that answers the question of where the goals from midfield are going to come from if you assume we need them (from midfield that is)

Unread 07-08-2009, 09:33 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
However none of that answers the question of where the goals from midfield are going to come from if you assume we need them (from midfield that is)
no, youre right it doesnt.

I dont know tbh. I dont think they will.
Closed Thread