United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Grimson

Talking The stupid team I play for

We have an email list that goes around to keep everyone updated on the match schedule, etc. I might be late tonight, and warned the fella who runs the team he might need to play in goal for the first 5 minutes if I'm not there by kickoff. One of our central defenders (Kurt) sent this message:

"im in. lets use ross in goal please. no offense to the other guy, but hes too hesitant to get some balls and he doesnt communicate well with us in the back"

Unfortunately, the 'other guy' (Greg), who played in goal when I had my kidney stone, was also on the email list. He took it well:

"No offense taken. Thanks for your honesty. But next time, I would appreciate it if you tell me these things to my face instead of calling me out in front of everyone. We can talk later tonight."

Alas, Kurt was not to be placated:

"£#%&! it, if i cant say some things that are true and we need to work on, then I dont need to be on the team. I know im not perfect but we should always strive to improve.

Anyway take me off the list. good luck to you guys"

So, Kurt's toys=out of pram, as you English persons would say. Greg remains unruffled:

"My feelings aren't hurt whatsoever, I'm not a goalkeeper, I was just filling in and helping out. I know I'm bad in goal, it's no secret. I feel when you have a comment about someone, it's lame to send it through an email thread.

Moving on and looking forward to playing tonight.

Greg"

This is ongoing...waiting to hear the next one. It should go without saying that we have a terrible team and regularly get beat 3 or 4 nil, and that nobody can really play.

Unread 07-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Ginners

Unread 07-07-2009, 04:31 PM
gaja212

Kurt bottled it. @#%&!.

Unread 07-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
We have an email list that goes around to keep everyone updated on the match schedule, etc. I might be late tonight, and warned the fella who runs the team he might need to play in goal for the first 5 minutes if I'm not there by kickoff. One of our central defenders (Kurt) sent this message:

"im in. lets use ross in goal please. no offense to the other guy, but hes too hesitant to get some balls and he doesnt communicate well with us in the back"

Unfortunately, the 'other guy' (Greg), who played in goal when I had my kidney stone, was also on the email list. He took it well:

"No offense taken. Thanks for your honesty. But next time, I would appreciate it if you tell me these things to my face instead of calling me out in front of everyone. We can talk later tonight."

"£#%&! it, if i cant say some things that are true and we need to work on, then I dont need to be on the team. I know im not perfect but we should always strive to improve.

So, Kurt's toys=out of pram, as you English persons would say. Greg remains unruffled:

"My feelings aren't hurt whatsoever, I'm not a goalkeeper, I was just filling in and helping out. I know I'm bad in goal, it's no secret. I feel when you have a comment about someone, it's lame to send it through an email thread.

Greg"

This is ongoing...waiting to hear the next one. It should go without saying that we have a terrible team and regularly get beat 3 or 4 nil, and that nobody can really play.
I don't get it.

Unread 07-07-2009, 04:36 PM
denis lawless

Talking

no wonder "soccer" is seen as a girls sport over there.....

the lads team i coached back in the 80s was a right bunch of girls ..... :bi:

having said that....they won most of their games

Unread 07-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up It's

like an American version of Hark and No Fun

Kurt really has let himself down there - comes across as a right smacked arse tbf.

Unread 07-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Sparky***

Team you play "in", Grimson. You play "in" or "for" the team. Not on it.

Unread 07-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Grimson

It's over, Kurt finally apologized.

"sorry Greg, bad form...I'll apologize in person tonight."

Unread 07-07-2009, 04:43 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
It's over, Kurt finally apologized.

"sorry Greg, bad form...I'll apologize in person tonight."
code for......"i'll slap you silly with my handbag"

Unread 07-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Jez Quigley

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Team you play "in", Grimson. You play "in" or "for" the team. Not on it.
£#%&!ing hell Sparky - didn't you see how T Throb got his clock cleaned by The Grimster when he dared try and Grammar Police him

I'll be honest mate, this is like spilling Brick Top from Snatch's pint.

Back out of the thread carefully sunshine, he'll hit you so hard with his punctuation you'll end up in a comma

Unread 07-07-2009, 04:47 PM
hopkins

I hope Greg kicks Kurt in the @#%&!

Unread 07-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Jez Quigley

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
I hope Greg kicks Kurt in the @#%&!
Well, we've already established that Greg is too hesitant to get some balls

Unread 07-07-2009, 04:50 PM
marlo

grimson, i like you abit...but i just find it so hard to take americans seriously.

they should should go and chill on the beach and "scope hot chicks who are totally 'narley' and 'bogus' "

Unread 07-07-2009, 04:50 PM
Harry Flashman

Quote:

Greg"

Time to find a new team.

Unread 07-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
£#%&!ing hell Sparky - didn't you see how T Throb got his clock cleaned by The Grimster when he dared try and Grammar Police him

I'll be honest mate, this is like spilling Brick Top from Snatch's pint.

Back out of the thread carefully sunshine, he'll hit you so hard with his punctuation you'll end up in a comma
I'm just trying to help. He may very well come back with some well thought out response, proving that he is correct or something. But in our heart of hearts, I think we all know I'm right.

Unread 07-07-2009, 04:53 PM
forzagarza

I've seen the script for tonight and here's the opening dialogue:

"Hey"
"Hey"
"Hey"
"Hey"
"Hey"
"Hey"
"Hey"
"Hey"
"Hey"
"Hey"

Unread 07-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
grimson, i like you abit...but i just find it so hard to take americans seriously.

they should should go and chill on the beach and "scope hot chicks who are totally 'narley' and 'bogus' "
That would be great, if time travel to the 80s existed.

Unread 07-07-2009, 04:57 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'm just trying to help. He may very well come back with some well thought out response, proving that he is correct or something. But in our heart of hearts, I think we all know I'm right.
You are right, actually.

Unread 07-07-2009, 04:58 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
I've seen the script for tonight and here's the opening dialogue:

"Hey"
"Hey"
"Hey"
"Hey"
"Hey"
"Hey"