United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

I'd be staggered if Rooney left us in the next 6-7 years for any kind of financial reasoning.He seems like winning is what motivates him.
ffs. who in this discussion has suggested him actually leaving?

Have you actually looked up "flattered"?

www.dictionary.com

Unread 12-08-2009, 05:52 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
ffs. who in this discussion has suggested him actually leaving?

Have you actually looked up "flattered"?

www.dictionary.com
You're working under the assumption that every player in world football is flattered if a club wants to throw cash at them.

I'm saying that I don't think that that's right.I'm using Rooney as an example.

Have you actually looked up 'Example'?

www.dictionary.com

Unread 12-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Grimson

Quote:
You're working under the assumption that every player in world football is flattered if a club wants to throw cash at them.

I'm saying that I don't think that that's right.I'm using Rooney as an example.

Have you actually looked up 'Example'?

www.dictionary.com
But in attempting, poorly, to make your point, you extrapolate into reasons why Rooney wouldn't want to PLAY for City, which has nothing to do with whether he'd be flattered by them making a world record bid for him. Which he would, since he's human. So I win.

Unread 12-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Switching Off

Unread 12-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Fatboy Shrek

This is some epic arse seeing from Magic Cantona.

Unread 12-08-2009, 06:13 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
But in attempting, poorly, to make your point, you extrapolate into reasons why Rooney wouldn't want to PLAY for City, which has nothing to do with whether he'd be flattered by them making a world record bid for him. Which he would, since he's human. So I win.
It wasn't a world record bid for Terry.

So, I win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
This is some epic arse seeing from Magic Cantona.
It's the only way

Unread 12-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
I'm just wondering when cash doesn't really need to motivate a footballer (like Terry for instance) who has earned incredible riches at Chelsea since the Abramovich era began.And before that really.Using Man City as an example, maybe it's too black and white, seeing as they're a total joke of a club but players being 'flattered' by Barca, Madrid, Milan, Juve etc, I can understand.Teams with history, and a history of winning.I get that.But not Man City.

I'd be staggered if Rooney left us in the next 6-7 years for any kind of financial reasoning.He seems like winning is what motivates him.

If Adebayor had ended up at United but him and his agent had been trying to get him to Chelsea or City or Milan but they'd said 'Get £#%&!ed', I wouldn't want the @#%&! anywhere near the club.
right, lets say you work in the butchers department in a high end supermarket

another supermarket who aspires to attain the status of butchering at your current employer identifies you as a potentially vital component in achieving this. Whats more they have money to invest in achieving their goal so they offer you a golden cleaver opportunity

1. are you flattered they think you will be the difference, even if you don't fancy it and are happy with your current sausage role

2. will you not even think about it as they are offering double what you get now? you could set your whole family up for life in fact, for generations to come?

Unread 12-08-2009, 06:16 PM
borsuk

magic

stop digging

Unread 12-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Sloppy

Unread 12-08-2009, 06:23 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
oh £#%&! off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
magic

stop digging
I am now.My head hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
right, lets say you work in the butchers department in a high end supermarket

another supermarket who aspires to attain the status of butchering at your current employer identifies you as a potentially vital component in achieving this. Whats more they have money to invest in achieving their goal so they offer you a golden cleaver opportunity

1. are you flattered they think you will be the difference, even if you don't fancy it and are happy with your current sausage role

2. will you not even think about it as they are offering double what you get now? you could set your whole family up for life in fact, for generations to come?
Very good that.

Yes and Yes, of course.

But we're/you're talking about people that are already fantastically wealthy.You just cant compare to 'real life' imo.

Anyone fancy a Aguero/Ronaldo are the same kind of player debate?

Unread 12-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
oh £#%&! off.

I am now.My head hurts.

Very good that.

Yes and Yes, of course.

But we're/you're talking about people that are already fantastically wealthy.You just cant compare to 'real life' imo.

Anyone fancy a Aguero/Ronaldo are the same kind of player debate?
its their real life, you can't just suspend the emotions that affect us all as YOU have no frame of reference for it

are you saying rich people shouldn't want to keep earning?

their careers are over at 35 tops, i'd try and make as much out of it as i could

no matter what we think city are trying to put something together to win stuff and they have bought some decent players, adebayor is definitely one of them. we tried to buy him remember

Unread 12-08-2009, 06:45 PM
borsuk

it doesn't matter what they earn or how short their careers are. all that matters is city are saying nice things (like we want you and we'll do anything to get you). feeling flattered is nothing to do with your intentions.
Closed Thread