14 0 0%
more 4 7.27%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 12-08-2009, 11:40 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Why are you rolling your eyes? Do you not agree a player with his talent should be chipping in with a few goals?

Unread 12-08-2009, 11:42 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Why are you rolling your eyes? Do you not agree a player with his talent should be chipping in with a few goals?
I bet he answers with how many goals a different player should score.

Unread 12-08-2009, 11:42 AM
marlo

Quote:
8 goals?

a good midfield should be getting about 5.

ridiculous to expect anderson to get 8.

how many does iniesta get?

Unread 12-08-2009, 11:43 AM
wiganste

Quote:
8 goals?

I wasn't talking specifically league goals. 7 or 8 in all comps should be achievable for an attacking midfielder.

Unread 12-08-2009, 11:44 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I bet he answers with how many goals a different player should score.

Are you marlo?

dunk

Quote:
He should be scoring 7 or 8 goals minimum a season but I think he will score none.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
8 goals?

Some role reversal going on here A good full back should be getting 5 or 6, remember

3 or 4 would be a fair contribution from him. Just posing some form of threat, whether scoring or assisting, in the final third would do.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
8 goals?

I'd be happy if he got 5.

Unread 12-08-2009, 11:45 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Are you marlo?
Nah, he's just incredibly predictable.

Unread 12-08-2009, 11:47 AM
wiganste

Quote:
I'd be happy if he got 5.
Me too. And it's sad that a majority of our support would be delighted if he scored one.

Quote:
Nah, he's just incredibly predictable.
Yep. Just waiting for the daily 'Ferguson has failed us in the transfer market' post

Unread 12-08-2009, 11:48 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Me too. And it's sad that a majority of our support would be delighted if he scored one.
I'd be happy if he scored one but I think he has the talent to get a lot more. In fact I think all of our mifielders could contribute more goals, Carrick particularly.

Unread 12-08-2009, 11:51 AM
wiganste

Quote:
I'd be happy if he scored one but I think he has the talent to get a lot more. In fact I think all of our mifielders could contribute more goals, Carrick particularly.
Agree with that. Carrick has the ability to hit 10 per season but for some reason he's tries to play the perfect pass from 25 yards out rather than wellying the ball at goal.

Unread 12-08-2009, 11:54 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Agree with that. Carrick has the ability to hit 10 per season but for some reason he's tries to play the perfect pass from 25 yards out rather than wellying the ball at goal.
Definitely, I'd also like to see him get forward more often, particularly when we play a midfield 3. Make some late runs into the box or summat, he's a big lad with 2 good feet and can be a very good finisher, he really could cause defences problems if he did so.

Unread 12-08-2009, 11:56 AM
marlo

Quote:
Definitely, I'd also like to see him get forward more often, particularly when we play a midfield 3. Make some late runs into the box or summat, he's a big lad with 2 good feet and can be a very good finisher, he really could cause defences problems if he did so.
carrick hasnt got the balls to get goals or do anything with any sort of conviction.

just a consistent midfielder.

Unread 12-08-2009, 11:59 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
carrick hasnt got the balls to get goals or do anything with any sort of conviction.

just a consistent midfielder.
I think he has, he was superb at times last season, I'm hoping he can now take on the mantle as our senior midfielder, along with Fletcher and add goals to his game.

Unread 12-08-2009, 12:11 PM
borsuk

Quote:
iniesta career stat - 29 goals in 318 games (just over 1 every 11 games)

anderson career stat - 12 goals in 131 games (just over 1 every 11 games)
anderson pre-united - 12 goals in 55 games (just over 1 every 4.5 games)
anderson with united - no need really, is there?

anderson's goal record is very poor since he joined us and noticeably poorer than his record before he came. as i've said before, i don't think playing him so deep gets the best out of him. i think playing him in a pair with one of fletcher or hargreaves (rip in pieces) in a 4-4-2 would really suit him, allowing him to be the box to box player that i think he can be. as i remember, anderson and hargreaves was a fantastic pairing for us a couple of years ago

Unread 12-08-2009, 12:20 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

anderson's goal record is very poor since he joined us and noticeably poorer than his record before he came. as i've said before, i don't think playing him so deep gets the best out of him. i think playing him in a pair with one of fletcher or hargreaves (rip in pieces) in a 4-4-2 would really suit him, allowing him to be the box to box player that i think he can be. as i remember, anderson and hargreaves was a fantastic pairing for us a couple of years ago
It's not that he doesn't get in the postions to score - his shooting is just woeful atm. I'm sure he's working on it and if he nails it, the goals will come.

Unread 12-08-2009, 12:36 PM
borsuk

Quote:
It's not that he doesn't get in the postions to score - his shooting is just woeful atm. I'm sure he's working on it and if he nails it, the goals will come.
i don't know about that (the first bit). he tends to get half chances at best and then snatch at them. i'd like to see him given the freedom to make runs into the box and get ahead of the ball instead of always being ten to twenty yards behind it. united have lacked a midfielder who consistently makes runs into the box since scholes' pomp and i think we'd be a better team with anderson doing it - similar to lampard at chelsea. obviously that means you need discipline from the other midfielders, especially the wide players who need to tuck in.

Unread 12-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

Where are the stats from for his 'pre-United' days? Only I can only see from Wiki () that he had 2 at Porto, and 6 at Gremio. There's no £#%&!ing chance I'm counting the one he's scored for the u-23's either.

I agree with the 4-4-2 with a more defensive minded colleague, I've ventured it before, but I see a Vieira-esque role in the offing for him, not that Vieira was ever anywhere near prolific but he always chipped in with a few a season from the centre of the park as well as tackling, passing & generally running things from there. He has the attributes, and better long range passing, it would be great to see him play a more natural game than the restricted role I think he's had so far. But Fergie likes to develop a player before letting them off the leash... I doubt he's letting him go this season, after all if Rooney is only allowed to now play his game after years of grafting I doubt he'll let a 22 year old loose in the middle of the park just yet full time.
Closed Thread