United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-08-2009, 12:02 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I doubt it. He's injured.

He tripped over his own wallet and sprained his ankle.
no but he works hard

Unread 10-08-2009, 12:03 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Cracking finish by Wayne, if im going to be honest going through on goal i thought he was going to miss

No seriously yesterday the combination of Nani, Berba, Park and Wayne first half were absolutly brilliant, Berba's overall play was quality.
did u see berby track back yesterday

Unread 10-08-2009, 12:04 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
rooney only scored once yesterday tevez would have scored 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Cracking finish by Wayne, if im going to be honest going through on goal i thought he was going to miss

No seriously yesterday the combination of Nani, Berba, Park and Wayne first half were absolutly brilliant, Berba's overall play was quality.
Agree with that, his hold up and link play were excellent, got into the area too. Showed his strength and power running with the ball too. Given a few more weeks I think him and Rooney will form an excellent pairing.

Unread 10-08-2009, 12:06 PM
marlo

berbetov hasnt scored for united for while.something i wouldnt mind him doing if its not too much to ask, what with all the flicks and bits on control.....

we need a new striker. no doubt about it.

Unread 10-08-2009, 12:07 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
o'shea did all right yesterday tbf. agree, though, if brown isn't fit then i'd sooner see one of the twins. probably fabio tbh but i'd be happy with rafael. you have to take the rough with the smooth and accept that a young lad is going to make some mistakes, though.
in as much as he didn't lose the ball as much as he can do. still, I thought he was slow in defence was turned far too easily by malouda.

fabio's introduction at least gave us some attacking spark on that side. I would worry about our right side for the season ahead if we start to rely on a park/o'shea combo. it just doesn't go together well. valencia (I hope) and fabio sounds good while wes is recovering.

Unread 10-08-2009, 12:08 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
berbetov hasnt scored for united for while.something i wouldnt mind him doing if its not too much to ask, what with all the flicks and bits on control.....

how many did tevez score last season?

Unread 10-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Well i'm afraid i've got some bad news for you pal. We aren't signing any more.

Unread 10-08-2009, 12:14 PM
marlo

Quote:
how many did tevez score last season?
15 goals in all competitions + 2 penalties.

Unread 10-08-2009, 12:16 PM
magic_cantona

Owen will score more than the 5 league goals that Tevez did last year.

£20 bet that he won't? (season-long injury barring)

Unread 10-08-2009, 12:17 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Owen will score more than the 5 league goals that Tevez did last year.

£20 bet that he won't? (season-long injury barring)
thats not the point.

will we play better football and will we be succesful.

for what its worth neither berbatov or owen will score or 'overall' play better than tevez this coming season.

tevez is better than both of them.

Unread 10-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
thats not the point.

will we play better football and will we be succesful.

for what its worth neither berbatov or owen will score or 'overall' play better than tevez this coming season.

tevez is better than both of them.
they'll both be better than tevez was last year

Unread 10-08-2009, 12:24 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
they'll both be better than tevez was last year
No doubt.

Berbatov is a wonderful player.Tevez 'better' than him? I can't wait to see Tevez and City struggling like £#%&!.

Unread 10-08-2009, 12:37 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
15 goals in all competitions + 2 penalties.
lets break that down marlo

29 apps in the league 5 goals

league cup against shit 6 in 6

2 in the champs leauge in 9 games

Unread 10-08-2009, 12:38 PM
marlo

Quote:
lets break that down marlo

29 apps in the league 5 goals

league cup against shit 6 in 6

2 in the champs leauge in 9 games
lets see what our strikers do this season?

tevez made up for his lack of goals with his workrate, his ability to lift the side and the fact he scored 'important goals'

call him shit is easy now but at the time he was a good player for us.

Unread 10-08-2009, 12:40 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Good idea, does this mean you are gonna stop going on and £#%&!ing on about how shit we are gonna be this season?

Unread 10-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

tevez made up for his lack of goals with his workrate, his ability to lift the side and the fact he scored 'important goals'

He is now a tremendous @#%&!. So £#%&! him, i hope he breaks both his legs whilst chasing after his own cumbersome first touch and runs into the goalpost shattering all his crooked gnashers.

Unread 10-08-2009, 12:45 PM
plopborsky

Quote:

i agree people have been easy to call him shit now he is gone just keep positive with what we have as well

Unread 10-08-2009, 12:45 PM
borsuk

Quote:

nope. '07-'08 he was a good player for us. '80-'09 he was pretty shite all in all.

as has been pointed out, fergie has a history of letting players go at the right time and taking us onward and upward. your constant sniping at him this summer is as irritating as it is infantile. any united fan with a shred of knowledge would, at the very least, wait until the end of the season before drawing conclusions. any united fan with a decent grasp of the club's (recent) history would give it a couple of years. unfortunately you're neither a fan nor knowledgeable so you just spend your time slagging us off.

Unread 10-08-2009, 12:47 PM
koppas

Can't wait for Hargo to come back and boss the midfield.

Unread 10-08-2009, 01:07 PM
shenwen

Quote:

always with the hypotheticals. why not see what our strikers did last season as that is the most scientific way to compare.

as much as I liked tevez, he let himself down last season. yes, he was frozen out a little but when he did play he was generally shit.

and those important goals he scored. five of them. in a full season. just not good enough.
Closed Thread