Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Sloppy

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
True, but it's equally bad with both feet. Foster is good with his left and catastrophic with his right. I would back PIG's kicking to improve with time in the team, Foster will remain leaden footed.

I think both need football. A season at the top level. I'd send Foster out on loan and keep PIG at OT to battle with VDS.
He's in his mid 20s intee? If he hasn't learned to kick yet, don't think he ever will tbh.

I think there are big question marks over both keepers, tbh I just hope we pick one and stick with him. it may be that we're gonna have to buy a keeper.

Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Giggs on for park please.
Yep, as good a player as park is he lacks the top end quality that Giggs has. With Ronaldo on one side you can perhaps allow the other wide player to be more of a workhorse. This season we need both wide players to be a threat.

Unread 09-08-2009, 05:00 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Yep, as good a player as park is he lacks the top end quality that Giggs has. With Ronaldo on one side you can perhaps allow the other wide player to be more of a workhorse. This season we need both wide players to be a threat.
Hoping Nani and Valencia make the positions their own.

Unread 09-08-2009, 05:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
He's in his mid 20s intee? If he hasn't learned to kick yet, don't think he ever will tbh.

I think there are big question marks over both keepers, tbh I just hope we pick one and stick with him. it may be that we're gonna have to buy a keeper.
I imagine in training his kicking is superb, a bit different in a game.

I would imagine we will have to buy a keeper, at some point.

Giggs missed

Unread 09-08-2009, 05:01 PM
poppy

Typical Giggs.

Unread 09-08-2009, 05:03 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I imagine in training his kicking is superb, a bit different in a game.

I would imagine we will have to buy a keeper, at some point.

Giggs missed
I don't.

Unread 09-08-2009, 05:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I don't.
That's very negative of you.

Evra, that was utter £#%&!ing £#%&!

Unread 09-08-2009, 05:06 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
That's very negative of you.

Evra, that was utter £#%&!ing £#%&!

Unread 09-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Tiberian

Foster was the major negative in that match, never looked comfortable. We take for granted how good VDS is, neither of the 2 understudies look capable of replacing him long term.

It is however a great chance for one of them to make a mark, and Foster has missed the first chance.

Carrick was poor today, looked off the pace all pre-season and still struggling, Fletcher was excellent but had a tough task against that powerful Chelsea midfield. Nani has some good moments, scored a fine goal, hopefully he is ok to play next week, need a run of games and with the confidence from today he could make a real impact.

Rooney had a mixed game, plenty of hard work, but little threat, dropped deep to make the play quite a lot but it was all a little laboured. Kept going and got the goal, but he is not quite up to full match sharpness, good finish with his left, something I have been calling for him to improve on.

Berbatov did some very good things from deeper areas, showed good pace on the ball but he needs to attack the box more.

Good cameos from Fabio and Giggs.

Unread 09-08-2009, 05:24 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Foster was the major negative in that match, never looked comfortable. We take for granted how good VDS is, neither of the 2 understudies look capable of replacing him long term.

It is however a great chance for one of them to make a mark, and Foster has missed the first chance.

Carrick was poor today, looked off the pace all pre-season and still struggling, Fletcher was excellent but had a tough task against that powerful Chelsea midfield. Nani has some good moments, scored a fine goal, hopefully he is ok to play next week, need a run of games and with the confidence from today he could make a real impact.

Rooney had a mixed game, plenty of hard work, but little threat, dropped deep to make the play quite a lot but it was all a little laboured. Kept going and got the goal, but he is not quite up to full match sharpness, good finish with his left, something I have been calling for him to improve on.

Berbatov did some very good things from deeper areas, showed good pace on the ball but he needs to attack the box more.

Good cameos from Fabio and Giggs.
It might take a while for him to get his teeth into the central role, he hasn't looked that good for me up there, looks out of the game for long periods and struggles for time on the ball. Hopefully that will improve the more games he plays.

Unread 09-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
It might take a while for him to get his teeth into the central role, he hasn't looked that good for me up there, looks out of the game for long periods and struggles for time on the ball. Hopefully that will improve the more games he plays.
Without that time he has tended to get frustrated, make silly tackles and and wastes energy. Showed little of that today, kept his head in the game and was there when needed.

He struggles with his touch when marked tightly with his back to goal, can appear clumsy on the ball, especially when you compare him to the likes of Cantona, Bergkamp, Zola, the type of player that a lot of fans think he is. All those players had very deft and nimble feet, superb control under pressure in tight areas.

Rooney for me is just too heavy set and bulky to suit that role, ends up dropping very deep to get on the ball.

Would prefer him playing right up top, on the shoulder with Berbatov as the deep lying striker. They can switch of course but Berbatov is the more natural playmaker.
Closed Thread