Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: ?
Yes 24 43.64%
No 31 56.36%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 07-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Aloe Blacc

Atom Ant was the best option not named Ribery or Messi.

And tell me, Ant, settled in prem, costs £15m or paying world record fees for Ribery and Messi?

You tell me.

And we tried for Benzema, tough luck. Owen on a free is clever as he will be back up and score more than Tevez and not whine. While Berba and Rooney have the mainstage all season.

Itll be a perfect summer if we get another midfielder or two.

Oh and the forgotten man, Obertan might surprise people. Hope he shows enough to make sure SAF doesnt give Park a new contract.

Unread 07-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Tumescent Throb

Owen is a better finisher than tevez. if he stays fit he'll match tevez's poacher's goals easily and can also play in behind off the shoulder which tevez is pretty shit at. man for man it's probably an improvement, but he doesn't have anything like the same inspirational impact of tevez in general play so he truly has to be judged on goals.

edit: more consistent finisher anyhoo. greedy goal hanging @#%&! basically ;-}

Unread 07-08-2009, 06:23 PM
berba

I missed one thing in my post. I wanted park to be thrown out. still waiting for that

Unread 07-08-2009, 06:24 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by berba
I missed one thing in my post. I wanted park to be thrown out. still waiting for that
@#%&!

Unread 07-08-2009, 06:34 PM
mark o

As Ste said we will be in the running for all major throphies this season, if we win any of them we shall wait and see, but you have to happy with a squad that gives you a chance.

The Michael Owen issue is purely about where he has been in the past (and that tackle on Johnson), as a player there is little doubting his a superb goal scorer. He has to perform to win us over and I think he will.

Valencia has been quality in the couple of pre season games he has played, and being a proper winger will create chances for the likes of Owen & co.

Tevez won't be missed.

Unread 07-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
@#%&!

short but sweet

Unread 07-08-2009, 06:40 PM
berba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

short but sweet
have always felt @#%&!s are salty tbh.

Unread 07-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Sloppy

Quote:

@#%&!s arent salty.Youve obviously been sucking dick.

Unread 07-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

@#%&!s arent salty.Youve obviously been sucking dick.
do ya?!!

Unread 07-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
same here mate,

the fact that he still hasnt signed a new contract pleases me.

Unread 07-08-2009, 06:50 PM
berba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
same here mate,

the fact that he still hasnt signed a new contract pleases me.
hopefully

Unread 07-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Coracao

Quote:
@#%&!

Unread 07-08-2009, 07:16 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Proof that you've never had your face in a @#%&!.

Unread 07-08-2009, 07:17 PM
The Watcher

Not really, no. I've liked Valencia for a while, so am glad we've got him. And we've signed a couple of kids with (apparently) bags of potential, which is good. But we've also signed that piece of shit Owen, which has almost blown away all my enthusiasm for the coming season

My main beef is that there were glaring issues with the squad last season which were embarrassingly exposed in front of the watching world in Rome that haven't been addressed. We needed a proper number 9 who could stretch opposition defenses and give Rooney the foil he needs up front. With Ronnie gone, this has become even more imperative. But we get that washed up, crocked scouse @#%&! instead. Gutting.

The other was midfield and the lack of goals/creativity their. It's beyond a joke that we've got £80 million for one transfer and don't look like doing a single thing with it. Pissed me off. Still, I always trust the Boss so hopefully we'll be just as competitive home & abroad as in the last few seasons.

At least we've £#%&!ed off that moaning @#%&! Tevez. I really £#%&!ing hope Brown breaks both Carlos' legs in the derby.

Unread 07-08-2009, 07:24 PM
marlo

Quote:
Proof that you've never had your face in a @#%&!.
thats deserves an accolade if anything

my face wont be going near any @#%&!s.

Unread 07-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Sandman

I think the one thing we're missing is a young Paul Scholes, i wouldn't have minded Kacar coming in but that doesn't look likely now. I do think we might already have a player at the club who could become our new Scholesy in Petrucci and i wouldn't be suprised to see him getting involved in the first team once he gets his fitness sorted, don't forget Macheda started last season in the Academy team and is now a permanent member of the first team squad, so i really wouldn't be suprised to see Petrucci makng similar progress.

I like the look of Valencia and Owen so far, and i'm looking forward to seeing both Ljajic and Obertan. Oh and we've also got Diouf coming in January which would be the fast direct striker some of you want. So i'm pretty happy with our squad and unless we're getting rid of some players it really wouldn't make sense bringing more in, our squad would be too big IMO.

Unread 07-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
I think the one thing we're missing is a young Paul Scholes, i wouldn't have minded Kacar coming in but that doesn't look likely now. I do think we might already have a player at the club who could become our new Scholesy in Petrucci and i wouldn't be suprised to see him getting involved in the first team once he gets his fitness sorted, don't forget Macheda started last season in the Academy team and is now a permanent member of the first team squad, so i really wouldn't be suprised to see Petrucci makng similar progress.

I like the look of Valencia and Owen so far, and i'm looking forward to seeing both Ljajic and Obertan. Oh and we've also got Diouf coming in January which would be the fast direct striker some of you want. So i'm pretty happy with our squad and unless we're getting rid of some players it really wouldn't make sense bringing more in, our squad would be too big IMO.
Good post.

Have a cyber pint.

Unread 07-08-2009, 08:22 PM
redmike

Happy overall, rather like the idea of seeing the likes of wellbeck, gibson, macheda get plenty of games, rather than splash out silly fees on the latest hyped up player from the continent.

Unread 07-08-2009, 08:49 PM
History

I just like to think back to Keane at centre back, Rio in midfield, Kleberson, Miller, Smith, Bellion, Djemba x 2. Then think this latest fergie squad isnt that bad

Unread 08-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Tumescent Throb

3 out of 5 voters on this poll aren't particularly interested in seeing United bringing players through from the youth and reserves.

i fully back these kids to solve the "problems" we have in our squad which were so embarrassingly exposed in front of the watching TV world last season - at Anfield, vs vermin at OT, in Rome and all the other games we lost/played poorly/didn't turn up/scrapped for a narrow win/didn't score 5 goals/got out-tactickckced/didn't go home with the trophy.
Closed Thread