United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-08-2009, 02:10 PM
magic_cantona

Football Translating football speak.

My real pet hate, which 'JT' has come out with today is:

"I was flattered by their (City's ) interest"

Really £#%&!s me off this.John Terry was 'flattered' by City bidding for him.Riiiight.What he means is:

"I'll say only good things about small time Man City because next season, they'll still be desperate and Chelsea might realise I'm not really worth 150k a week.And I might just want a pay-rise so I'll keep the door slightly ajar, even though I wouldn't really dream of going to City."

Sometimes a player being 'Flattered' by someones reported interest means:

"Please put a concrete bid in, I'm dying to get away from here!"

Any others?

Unread 12-08-2009, 02:11 PM
antonin jablonsky

Didn't it just mean, "I was very interested in their huge wallet"?

Unread 12-08-2009, 02:12 PM
thatsfuctit

very much so.

who the £#%&! says very much so other than football peeps in interview mode.

Unread 12-08-2009, 02:14 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Didn't it just mean, "I was very interested in their huge wallet"?
No, that's a smokescreen.

"I'm using these deluded @#%&!s as a bargaining chip.I know Chelsea will cave 'cos I'm a fackin legend."

might have done though.

Unread 12-08-2009, 02:15 PM
toseeunited

When a player moves to a new club and they're asked about what personal goals they are aiming to achieve and they give the standard "i'm just here to do a job for sunderland football club, work hard for the team and hope to help the team to do well"

darren bent was responsible for this standard answer last week.

Unread 12-08-2009, 02:18 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
When a player moves to a new club and they're asked about what personal goals they are aiming to achieve and they give the standard "i'm just here to do a job for sunderland football club, work hard for the team and hope to help the team to do well"

darren bent was responsible for this standard answer last week.

And I really hate the:

"Oh yes, I'm really happy here.I want to stay.But, in football, you never know."

Which translates into:

"You won't see me as this £#%&!ing pig-sty next week."

Unread 12-08-2009, 02:21 PM
nick henry

"put a shift in" i £#%&!ing hate that phrase

Unread 12-08-2009, 02:22 PM
denis lawless

i fuuuuuckin hate it when they call the manager "the gaffer"

@#%&!s

Unread 12-08-2009, 02:25 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
i fuuuuuckin hate it when they call the manager "the gaffer"

@#%&!s
robbo and brucey and the 94 team in general all call saf the gaffer, but the last few teams have all called him the boss which sounds mint - wonder why the change though...

Unread 12-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Mr_Ed

Harry Redknapp "Nobody has spoken to me about the managers job yet so I'm still an employee of x,y, z"

Meaning: I either want a payrise out of this or I would love to work for the bigger club so come and get me.... twinge twinge wink.

Unread 12-08-2009, 02:38 PM
denis lawless

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
robbo and brucey and the 94 team in general all call saf the gaffer, but the last few teams have all called him the boss which sounds mint - wonder why the change though...
because Ferge must have told them to pack it in and show a bit of respect

Unread 12-08-2009, 02:54 PM
M21

''happy to be joining my boyhood club''
= as a boy I'd have supported this club if I knew how successful they would be and how much they're going to pay me

Unread 12-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Charlestown Rouge

@#%&! Terry has got a view about everything and everybody.

His £#%&!ing hairdresser definitely hates his guts for one.

Unread 12-08-2009, 03:45 PM
toseeunited

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red D
come on, according to Sky that penalties went some way to making up for Moscow.
i felt like sky were ripping the piss when they asked "frank" and the bald Portuguese cheating bastard - and i think carvalho felt the same when he responded!!

pissed myself!

Unread 12-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
My real pet hate, which 'JT' has come out with today is:

"I was flattered by their (City's ) interest"

Really £#%&!s me off this.John Terry was 'flattered' by City bidding for him.Riiiight.What he means is:

"I'll say only good things about small time Man City because next season, they'll still be desperate and Chelsea might realise I'm not really worth 150k a week.And I might just want a pay-rise so I'll keep the door slightly ajar, even though I wouldn't really dream of going to City."

Sometimes a player being 'Flattered' by someones reported interest means:

"Please put a concrete bid in, I'm dying to get away from here!"

Any others?
He was also flattered. Who wouldn't be?

Unread 12-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Coracao

Don't think he was taking the piss with that question, Geoff Shreeves is just generally an absolute £#%&!stain. Can't stand the @#%&!.

Unread 12-08-2009, 04:46 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
He was also flattered. Who wouldn't be?
You want me to start a list?

Unread 12-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Don't think he was taking the piss with that question, Geoff Shreeves is just generally an absolute £#%&!stain. Can't stand the @#%&!.
Made my day when fergie gave him a %@#$&!ing. A £#%&!ing horrible, weasly @#%&! of a man. His general line of questioning would go:

Shreeves: "So Stevie G, why are you so brilliant"
Gerrard: "Well, you know geoff i just do my best and take each game as it comes.
Shreeves: "Fascinating."

Shreeves: "So ronaldo, you cheating bastard, why did you dive? You know diving is bad don't you."
Ronaldo: "The player he touched me, it's a foul"
Shreeves: "So when are you going to real madrid? Eh? Please just £#%&! off will you so stevie can win the league."

Shreeves: "Wayne, the camera caught a bit of you using a naughty word there, the nation is now ready for your unreserved apology for ruining everything."
Rooney: "what?"
Shreeves: "You know, when you said the 'F' word. One of our ten zillion cameras picked it up and now the world is going to end. You know that don't you wayne - you've killed the world!"

Unread 12-08-2009, 05:02 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Made my day when fergie gave him a %@#$&!ing. A £#%&!ing horrible, weasly @#%&! of a man. His general line of questioning would go:

Shreeves: "So Stevie G, why are you so brilliant"
Gerrard: "Well, you know geoff i just do my best and take each game as it comes.
Shreeves: "Fascinating."

Shreeves: "So ronaldo, you cheating bastard, why did you dive? You know diving is bad don't you."
Ronaldo: "The player he touched me, it's a foul"
Shreeves: "So when are you going to real madrid? Eh? Please just £#%&! off will you so stevie can win the league."

Shreeves: "Wayne, the camera caught a bit of you using a naughty word there, the nation is now ready for your unreserved apology for ruining everything."
Rooney: "what?"
Shreeves: "You know, when you said the 'F' word. One of our ten zillion cameras picked it up and now the world is going to end. You know that don't you wayne - you've killed the world!"

tbf with Ronaldo he was more likely to have come up with some cryptic sentence that made no sense to someone who didn't speak fluent english

Unread 12-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
You want me to start a list?
Of professional footballers who wouldn't be flattered by a club (even City) attempting to break their club record for a transfer fee for their services? Yes, start a list.
Closed Thread