United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-08-2009, 09:12 PM
wonky no

Default fletcher. united captain

think he should be. Going over board? nah not really. i like a midfield captain and as hargo is off sick, i can't think of a more worthy player. ok, it has to be said that his unprecedented rise to the top of the crop was aided by him being played on the right wing instead of the centre and as thus was total cat shit.

never the less though it takes balls to carry on despite the whole footballing world thinking you're nothing but a token jock playing under a man who likes jocks (mcclair and, erm..... well they have all played here.......).

I think he is as worthy as neville in all fairness.

Unread 09-08-2009, 09:14 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
think he should be. Going over board? nah not really. i like a midfield captain and as hargo is off sick, i can't think of a more worthy player. ok, it has to be said that his unprecedented rise to the top of the crop was aided by him being played on the right wing instead of the centre and as thus was total cat shit.

never the less though it takes balls to carry on despite the whole footballing world thinking you're nothing but a token jock playing under a man who likes jocks (mcclair and, erm..... well they have all played here.......).

I think he is as worthy as neville in all fairness.
Rio, imo.

Unread 09-08-2009, 09:15 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Rio, then Wayne, then the Dazzler for me.

Top sentiments though. What a player he is turning out to be.

Unread 09-08-2009, 10:18 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

I'd be happy for either Wayne or Rio to do it, it's been something of a lottery since G Nev became injury prone, he aint coming back, giggs has never been captain material for me, much as i love him. Wayne or Rio.

Unread 09-08-2009, 10:33 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

What he said. Need the club captain to be in our strongest XI, which Nev' and Giggsy aren't at the minute.

Unread 09-08-2009, 10:44 PM
rogieop

not just yet but in a few more years he could be a prime candidate, especially if he keeps improving the way he is.

a captain should be a role model for both players and kid/fans.

ive never seen him have a bad word about anyone/be in the tabs for bad reason/dive/sulk,etc etc

fletch is a top pro, and the way he handled himself after the debacle of his sending off against arsenal last year compared to the chelsea players, was impeccable.

top lad, top player, and thank £#%&! he is ours and no one elses.

Unread 09-08-2009, 10:47 PM
Terry Silver

Not a chance.

Unread 09-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Smeggs

had a great game today. best player on the park along with wayne and rio. never gonna be captain but that doesn't mean he can't be more vocal especially as he gets older.

Unread 10-08-2009, 09:24 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
not just yet but in a few more years he could be a prime candidate, especially if he keeps improving the way he is.

a captain should be a role model for both players and kid/fans.

ive never seen him have a bad word about anyone/be in the tabs for bad reason/dive/sulk,etc etc

fletch is a top pro, and the way he handled himself after the debacle of his sending off against arsenal last year compared to the chelsea players, was impeccable.

top lad, top player, and thank £#%&! he is ours and no one elses.
Erm, Bryan Robson. Roy Keane.

Unread 10-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
"should"

Unread 10-08-2009, 09:42 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
"should"
Why? Our 2 best captains of the last 25 years haven't been.

Unread 10-08-2009, 09:48 AM
MUFC One Love

I think people are going over board tbh. Technically Fletcher isn't very good. We need to sign a midfielder desperatly imo.

Unread 10-08-2009, 09:53 AM
Withers

Quote:
Excellent role models imo.

Unread 10-08-2009, 09:56 AM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I think people are going over board tbh. Technically Fletcher isn't very good. We need to sign a midfielder desperatly imo.
I wouldn't say they're going overboard, truth is Fletcher has come on a great deal and its really pleasing given he's an academy product.

But would you start Fletch alongside Carrick for most games at home? Bit too defensive isn't it. Which is why a box to box midfielder would be nice, one that starts the majority of games with Carrick at home and away.

Kacar would have been that man. Or could still be , dunno yet. Did you see his goal at the weekend, late run into the box, harasses the defender and gets his side a late winner. Just sums him up. He would be a fans favourite if he joined United imo. Hard worker, great engine, good technique. Versatile as £#%&! too, it just seems too easy an option to sign him, I dont see any negatives. I'd pick him up now before his price goes out of control. Don't think other clubs coming into it would matter, we are first choice for most young up and coming players, especially for this bloke given hes a Serb.

And if we're really gonna be greedy, we'd get Silva aswell this window. I'd fancy us for the european cup then.

Unread 10-08-2009, 09:57 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Excellent role models imo.
I take it you're a bit of a pisshead like me?

Unread 10-08-2009, 09:58 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
I wouldn't say they're going overboard, truth is Fletcher has come on a great deal and its really pleasing given he's an academy product.

But would you start Fletch alongside Carrick for most games at home? Bit too defensive isn't it. Which is why a box to box midfielder would be nice, one that starts the majority of games with Carrick at home and away.

Kacar would have been that man. Or could still be , dunno yet. Did you see his goal at the weekend, late run into the box, harasses the defender and gets his side a late winner. Just sums him up. He would be a fans favourite if he joined United imo. Hard worker, great engine, good technique. Versatile as £#%&! too, it just seems too easy an option to sign him, I dont see any negatives. I'd pick him up now before his price goes out of control. Don't think other clubs coming into it would matter, we are first choice for most young up and coming players, especially for this bloke given hes a Serb.

And if we're really gonna be greedy, we'd get Silva aswell this window. I'd fancy us for the european cup then.
Aint going to happen. We have no money

Unread 10-08-2009, 09:59 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
can't agree with that. if he had come into the team two years ago everybody would be raving about him. perceptions are still coloured by his first few years, unfairly.

one of the best central m/fders in the country for the last two years at least and the best youth product we've had in a decade.

Unread 10-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Aint going to happen. We have no money
Think there might be one more coming in, 2 would be perfection but i think leaving a hole or two in the middle will just motivate the youngsters more.

There's always money avaliable at United, I don't doubt the Glazers have taken the Ronaldo money to pay off debt repayments but they didn't sign Tevez up and rightly so, and Ronnie was sold. If the right player comes along for a decent chunk of money (£25m) I believe they would back the manager.

But its very interesting to note the net spending since the Glazers came over, their spending spree in 2007 has been much hyped but looking at it more closely it wasn't really as aggressive as most thought. They've held the club back big time as well as putting our future under severe risk. Boggles the mind really, those that think 'The Glazers have been good for United'.

Them shutting the £#%&! up and letting the greatest manager ever get on with his business is the bare minimum imo, just because the yanks at the scousers are clowns doesn't mean we should forget the bottomline. £700m in debt.

Unread 10-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Withers

Quote:
I take it you're a bit of a pisshead like me?
Of course.

I'm sure Goggers still sees you as the apple of his eye.

I would rather have a son like Robbo than him turn out like Gary Neville.

Unread 10-08-2009, 10:11 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Of course.

I'm sure Goggers still sees you as the apple of his eye.

I would rather have a son like Robbo than him turn out like Gary Neville
Homophobe!
Closed Thread