United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-05-2023, 08:54 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
But no make conspiracy excuses for our collapse

I won't be asking for a Spanish inquisition for this one...

Unread 15-05-2023, 08:56 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Ten Hag made Liverpool win 7 games in a row or something.
No but he is managing our collapse.

Liverpool winning so many in a row should be a cute little pub quiz question irrelevant to us as we secure 4th if we had a manager that knows how to close out a campaign in a proper league

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

I won't be asking for a Spanish inquisition for this one...
I don’t care about my vocabulary and spelling.

You know why

Unread 15-05-2023, 08:57 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

You know why
Same

Unread 15-05-2023, 09:01 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Liverpool winning so many in a row should be a cute little pub quiz question irrelevant to us as we secure 4th if we had a manager that knows how to close out a campaign in a proper league.

You know why
Collapse

You know we won our last game, yes?

Liverpool winning their games isn’t an irrelevance because it’s raising the bar of what we need to keep it in our hands. If you’d have told people a few weeks back that we might need 72 points for top four, you’d have sounded crazy. That’s because of what they’re doing.

Unread 15-05-2023, 09:04 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Don’t entertain him.
"Them"

Unread 15-05-2023, 09:12 PM
Sandman

Quote:

Liverpool winning so many in a row should be a cute little pub quiz question irrelevant to us as we secure 4th if we had a manager that knows how to close out a campaign in a proper league
It's his first season, Klopp only managed 8th, & 4th in his first couple of seasons at Liverpool. Guardiola 3rd in his first at City. It's not been perfect, and obviously he's made mistakes, but he's also had some shit luck with injuries and suspensions, he's also had to deal with the Glazers shutting up shop in the winter transfer window, knowing we needed more quality in depth. He's rebuilding, it was never going to happen overnight.

Judge him after next season.

Unread 15-05-2023, 09:14 PM
Sparky***

fair play to leicester's players i don't think i've seen a line up who look less-arsed than them about going down. Their players look like they're on holiday already

Unread 15-05-2023, 09:15 PM
NedKelly

Vardy looks so slow nowadays

Unread 15-05-2023, 09:16 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
fair play to leicester's players i don't think i've seen a line up who look less-arsed than them about going down. Their players look like they're on holiday already
Because most of them won’t be going down with them.

Unread 15-05-2023, 09:47 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Because most of them won’t be going down with them.
That's not surprised me tbh

Unread 15-05-2023, 09:51 PM
Dr Stranger

What an absolute stroll. They’re asking the question of us. Don’t beat Bournemouth and there’s a very good chance they’ll be above us on Saturday night.

Games in hand and all that, but they shouldn’t be anywhere near us at this point.

Unread 15-05-2023, 09:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
What an absolute stroll. They’re asking the question of us. Don’t beat Bournemouth and there’s a very good chance they’ll be above us on Saturday night.

Games in hand and all that, but they shouldn’t be anywhere near us at this point.
well you have to assume they'll win the last two the way they're going. So we have to do our jobs. 9 wins in a row that'll be.

Villa might provide a sterner test but it's at anfield so I just always assume there'll be a shocking ref decision or some piece of inexplicable bad defending to hand liverpool the game.

Unread 15-05-2023, 09:58 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
well you have to assume they'll win the last two the way they're going. So we have to do our jobs. 9 wins in a row that'll be.

Villa might provide a sterner test but it's at anfield so I just always assume there'll be a shocking ref decision or some piece of inexplicable bad defending to hand liverpool the game.
If Villa score first, then they’ve got a chance, but I expect Liverpool to edge them out.

Win at Bournemouth and we’re nearly there. Keep an eye on Newcastle too because we really should be finishing above them when you compare our fixtures. If Brighton play like they did at Arsenal, they’ll get something.

Unread 15-05-2023, 09:59 PM
Bunker Buster

Villa get points...

Unread 15-05-2023, 10:03 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I feel like they adjusted when Salah played the ball until he was on then
classic var.

looks like we need to win a couple of games.

Unread 15-05-2023, 10:07 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

We will just have to beat Bournemouth, then - do that and it puts the onus back on them. With a tougher opponent than Leicester too.

Unread 15-05-2023, 10:08 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Newcastle GD down to +4 over them now. DWD looked like it would have been enough for Newcastle but at this point they may need to beat one of Brighton/Chelsea as well as Leicester (assuming Leicester is a gimme given 19 of their squad are out of contract in the next 12 months). They’ve got a far taller order than us given Chelsea will be Lampard’s eternal Stamford Bridge farewell & Brighton are in some form.

Unread 15-05-2023, 10:13 PM
AK14

I think it’ll be out of us and Newcastle for fourth.

Unread 15-05-2023, 10:14 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I think it’ll be out of us and Newcastle for fourth.
I’ve got a feeling we’re sneaking third.

Unread 15-05-2023, 10:19 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I’ve got a feeling we’re sneaking third.
Let's not get carried away shall we? Before that hopeless wolves team rocked up at Old trafford we'd managed 3 goals in £#%&!ing 6 games.

There's absolutely no guarantees with this United side. The minute they play outside of M16 it could be any result.
Closed Thread