United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 14-09-2010, 09:42 PM
marlo

Default Re: *Official* United v Rangers Match Thread - Teams, Links and Value

a squad full of squad players.

just aimlessly crossing the ball into the box. no sort of creativity through the middle.

will take a while for some to see how 'good' united 10/11 is..

Unread 14-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Switching Off

Dont get why Sky are obsessed with the team selection. Fabio, Smalling, and Gibbo are all debateable imo but all the others are experienced first teamers.

Do they expect Giggs and Scholes to start every week?

Wenger does it, he's giving youth a chance, Fergie does it, its "baffling"

Firswood Red

Fergie quite clearly showed Rangers a lack of respect, you can't expect to make that many changes for a big game.

Rangers were quite clearly going to park the bus and fair play to them there experts at it and have had some decent results in Europe in the last 2 years.

As Fergie said he knows Rangers better than any other manager in Europe, can't understand no Berba or Scholes on the bench, was crying out for them.

borsuk

poor, pedestrian performance, galling that we couldn't change anything from the first half, our crossing in particular, until giggs came on, was very poor. i wouldn't blame the fletcher/gibson midfield, however, more the fairly toothless attack and the very ineffective wide players.

the rooney - hernandez partnership does not look promising to me and has not whenever i've seen them together. there's little interplay between them, neither appears able to time runs off the other and each appears to get more in the way of the other than to help create space.

Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
a squad full of squad players.

just aimlessly crossing the ball into the box. no sort of creativity through the middle.

will take a while for some to see how 'good' united 10/11 is..
We are shockingly average without Paul scholes in the midfield. That is truly worrying.

Unread 14-09-2010, 09:44 PM
naes_sean

and will anybody tell me what Owen brings to a match when he comes on?

redhegemony

some good game experience for lots of the young players. Seemed a bit odd to bring Evans on for fabio as he was giving us good width.

andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
Who?

MJ Ramone

Awful game.

Shocking for Valencia ...The faces of the other players said everything. I'm glad there were no replays. Can't handle seeing stuff like that.
Doubt we'll see him again till this time next year

The lack of a midfield player with imagination, pace & a 'trick/killer pass' is a huge concern.

Fergie making ten changes was taking the piss. 'Resting' players in early September? £#%&! off.

Sandman

Rangers ruined the game with their tactics, we didn't play great but it's hard to judge a performance when one team sets up like them.

tony tabletop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firswood Red
Fergie quite clearly showed Rangers a lack of respect, you can't expect to make that many changes for a big game.

Rangers were quite clearly going to park the bus and fair play to them there experts at it and have had some decent results in Europe in the last 2 years.

As Fergie said he knows Rangers better than any other manager in Europe, can't understand no Berba or Scholes on the bench, was crying out for them.
True and we all know we've got an absolute pile of shite outside of the starting 11. Very depressed

Unread 14-09-2010, 09:45 PM
stax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
'Disciplined and well organised' is £#%&!ing easy when you stick your entire team behind the ball.

That was handball too.

tbf I don't think we expected anything else. If they'd opened up a bit they'd have lost. They worked their %@#$&!s off for that.

Unread 14-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
Value.

Unread 14-09-2010, 09:46 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs down Re: *Official* United v Rangers Match Thread - Teams, Links and Value

Tony That was horrible...took me a few seconds to realise what was wrong with his leg. That's his season done I guess? Gutted for him

tony tabletop

£#%&!in David Weir, he's about 47

Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Rangers ruined the game with their tactics, we didn't play great but it's hard to judge a performance when one team sets up like them.
They played within the rules, it's our job to break them down.

We looked like a team that hadn't played much together, which isn't surprising... ah well roll on Sunday

Unread 14-09-2010, 09:47 PM
naes_sean

surely Macheda would have been a better option to bring on instead of that midget scouse @#%&!.

Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax
tbf I don't think we expected anything else. If they'd opened up a bit they'd have lost. They worked their %@#$&!s off for that.
I don't disagree, I just don't think sticking so many players behind the ball is particularly worthy of praise - it's not that hard to avoid conceding if there are 10 of you in defence.

ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony tabletop
True and we all know we've got an absolute pile of shite outside of the starting 11. Very depressed
We have a starting 11

Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony tabletop
£#%&!in David Weir, he's about 47
just a little bit older than our two best players