United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 23-04-2024, 05:29 PM
est.1878

They are utter morons for making transfers such a forking faff...

Know some of the most time served reds not renewing this year... a pain in the arse at every turn should you have the audacity to be ill a bit or go on holidays during the year...

Unread 23-04-2024, 05:32 PM
redhegemony

Few in our branch giving up but the branch takes them over and passes to any member so there has to be mechanism for this to work

Unread 23-04-2024, 05:33 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony View Post
You can't screenshot the app. Maybe have to download to a phone that you pass around
Yea he was saying that one of his mates has 3 STs…..two go regularly the third shared out amongst mates…he said 3rd will need to go on a chap burner phone

Unread 23-04-2024, 05:34 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Few in our branch giving up but the branch takes them over and passes to any member so there has to be mechanism for this to work
Tiny hunch : it will end of involving a administration fee to Manchester United football club. Plus the 15pc discretionary tip

Unread 23-04-2024, 05:36 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post
Tiny hunch : it will end of involving a administration fee to Manchester United football club. Plus the 15pc discretionary tip
Oh aye…will boost membership applications

Just checked sons message…email from club says this means that you cannot transfer ticket to another device unless you contact us to reverse this

Unread 23-04-2024, 05:39 PM
est.1878

Is an increase in membership subs the only benefit they will get here? Trade off vs pissing off everyone and losing renewals by making everything hard work

Of course it's dressed up as preventing touting but that's transparent bs.

Unread 23-04-2024, 05:40 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun View Post
Yea he was saying that one of his mates has 3 STs…..two go regularly the third shared out amongst mates…he said 3rd will need to go on a chap burner phone

Someone will.figure a way round it..

Unread 23-04-2024, 05:53 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
They are utter morons for making transfers such a forking faff...

Know some of the most time served reds not renewing this year... a pain in the arse at every turn should you have the audacity to be ill a bit or go on holidays during the year...
All of this. It’s not touting - it’s so they can get membership revenue - but then can’t you only transfer the tickets to members a limited number of times each year.

Am utterly £#%&!ed off with the #@&%!s. This could be the end….

Quote:
Why should a branch be able to do that but not an individual supporter? I can’t transfer my st into my mate’s name.

Maybe I should create a bury and Radcliffe branch.

Unread 23-04-2024, 05:56 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
All of this. It’s not touting - it’s so they can get membership revenue - but then can’t you only transfer the tickets to members a limited number of times each year.

Am utterly £#%&!ed off with the #@&%!s. This could be the end….

Why should a branch be able to do that but not an individual supporter? I can’t transfer my st into my mate’s name.

Maybe I should create a bury and Radcliffe branch.
You can transfer to a member who is linked to you. I think what they are really after is a big database of United fans that is pretty valuable to flog stuff

Unread 23-04-2024, 06:00 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post

Yep….will have to pay a membership fee if you only fancy/or can only get to a few games a season

I have a sneaking suspicion this won’t apply to those wishing to attend a one off game that includes the full corporate package and an obligatory trip to the megastore

Thatchers britain

Unread 23-04-2024, 06:09 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
You can transfer to a member who is linked to you. I think what they are really after is a big database of United fans that is pretty valuable to flog stuff
It’s only a limited number of times you can pass it on. Sure it’s 8 matches or something.

Unread 23-04-2024, 06:10 PM
redhegemony

If the branch has a ticket over it goes back to the club who whack a premium on it (maybe a tenner?) And resell. Nice earner

Unread 23-04-2024, 06:18 PM
Hyman_Roth

Season Ticket holders are required to make use of their ticket for at least 75% of matches. To help with this, fans can use the following options if they cannot attend:
1. Forward your ticket to an Official Member
2. Donate the cost of your ticket to the MU Foundation
3. Return your ticket to the club for a refund

As far as I can work out, the above means that I can only forward on 5 matches to members?

Can anyone confirm?

The issue will be if the tickets are only downloadable to one phone.

Unread 23-04-2024, 06:20 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Season Ticket holders are required to make use of their ticket for at least 75% of matches. To help with this, fans can use the following options if they cannot attend:
1. Forward your ticket to an Official Member
2. Donate the cost of your ticket to the MU Foundation
3. Return your ticket to the club for a refund

As far as I can work out, the above means that I can only forward on 5 matches to members?

Can anyone confirm?

The issue will be if the tickets are only downloadable to one phone.

No the 75% is the ticket being used in any of the permitted ways. So no empty seat

Unread 23-04-2024, 06:27 PM
est.1878

Pub chat 2025:

Time served red: "do you fancy going on Saturday, I'm at a wedding"

Retired red, rarely goes nowadays: "yeah nice one"

"okay, just need you to sign of for the official membership, be about 50 quid, then let me know your membership details later in the week and I'll log in on the ap and add you down as a linked membership then il send you the ticket to download once youve got your wallet setup. Can only download it 3 hours before kick off so make sure your not somewhere wheres there's thousands of people and you struggle for reception eg a football game."

"nah your alright mate"

Unread 23-04-2024, 06:29 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
No the 75% is the ticket being used in any of the permitted ways. So no empty seat
Ok thanks.

Unread 23-04-2024, 06:32 PM
no fun

Quote:
Pub chat 2025:

Time served red: "do you fancy going on Saturday, I'm at a wedding"

Retired red, rarely goes nowadays: "yeah nice one"

"okay, just need you to sign of for the official membership, be about 50 quid, then let me know your membership details later in the week and I'll log in on the ap and add you down as a linked membership then il send you the ticket to download once youve got your wallet setup. Can only download it 3 hours before kick off so make sure your not somewhere wheres there's thousands of people and you struggle for reception eg a football game."

"nah your alright mate"
“No worries mate, just keep hold of my phone until the next time I see you”

Unread 23-04-2024, 06:45 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun View Post
“No worries mate, just keep hold of my phone until the next time I see you”
I absolutely should not be trusted with anyone else’s phone.