United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 12-04-2023, 07:32 PM
lenin

It’s amazing how much compliance a decent wifi connection, a good chef in the press box and the prospect of cushty employment for your offspring can buy you.

Unread 12-04-2023, 08:58 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
And you and others have allowed that to happen inadvertently by passively supporting the cheating by conning yourself that their success means nothing.

it has only been possible because the glazers hollowed out united. shame there was nothing we could have done about that.

Unread 12-04-2023, 09:17 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

it has only been possible because the glazers hollowed out united. shame there was nothing we could have done about that.
What? City’s success is down to the Glazers? That’s quite a reach given that Ferguson couldn’t go on forever and the club was built around him - him leaving was always going to be a huge problem. Pep leaving will be challenging - even for the berts.

And many fans, including me, did what we realistically could - protested, bought shares, made a noise about how bad it would be. Ferguson et al paved the way for the glazers and there’s a strong argument that even he couldn’t do a fat lot.

Not sure what the roll eyes are for tbh? Your own inadequate response to 2005? Your lack of involvement? Your non attendance either before or after in any meaningful sense? Your disappointment that fans who had supported and attended the club all their lives wouldn’t make the same sacrifice that people like you, once or twice a year fair weathers type fans were making?

Unread 12-04-2023, 09:28 PM
jem

Quote:
What? City’s success is down to the Glazers? That’s quite a reach given that Ferguson couldn’t go on forever and the club was built around him - him leaving was always going to be a huge problem. Pep leaving will be challenging - even for the berts.

And many fans, including me, did what we realistically could - protested, bought shares, made a noise about how bad it would be. Ferguson et al paved the way for the glazers and there’s a strong argument that even he couldn’t do a fat lot.

Not sure what the roll eyes are for tbh? Your own inadequate response to 2005? Your lack of involvement? Your non attendance either before or after in any meaningful sense? Your disappointment that fans who had supported and attended the club all their lives wouldn’t make the same sacrifice that people like you, once or twice a year fair weathers type fans were making?
your last comment was very silly and this one is just as silly.

Unread 12-04-2023, 09:35 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
your last comment was very silly and this one is just as silly.
My point to RRR was that united fans being passive about city’s cheating plays into the narrative that the rest of the media seem to have about it all incl opposing fans. When city’s main rival fans (us) dismiss/ignore city’s cheating their way to success in such a non confrontational/passive way then it’s unlikely sufficient political pressure will build to force the authorities hands.

Everyone should be calling it out - Liverpool and Chelsea fans certainly, the press, but no one seems arsed. Rob even wants city to £#%&!ing succeed.

I think there’s some fairly silly opinions about all this but I’m confident mine isn’t.

Unread 12-04-2023, 09:40 PM
jem

I am not responsible for your silliness; I have opposed it.

"once or twice a year fair weathers type fans"? :°(

Unread 12-04-2023, 09:54 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I am not responsible for your silliness; I have opposed it.

"once or twice a year fair weathers type fans"? :°(
That’s me told. Apologies for crossing the line.

Unread 12-04-2023, 09:57 PM
jem

Quote:
That’s me told. Apologies for crossing the line.
it was hurtful, but I accept your apology.

Unread 07-09-2023, 07:40 AM
no fun

Crikey blimey it’s got another mention, that’s the MEN banned from the posh seats

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...arges-27662438

Unread 07-09-2023, 08:13 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Crikey blimey it’s got another mention, that’s the MEN banned from the posh seats

PAul Hince is turning in his grave. I imagine T Knott of Droylesden has cancelled his subscription.

Unread 07-09-2023, 08:35 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

That’s twice in a year. Wow.

Unread 07-09-2023, 08:47 AM
Seamus

it keeps me away at night thinking of city's domination. I wish the worst for them in everything.

Unread 07-09-2023, 09:38 AM
wiganste

Quote:

What an absolute mess that website is. Almost impossible to read anything

Unread 07-09-2023, 09:43 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
dogshit innit. i don't even bother clicking on the links these days, it's just a mess of 2 paragraphs, then loads of ads, pop up ads....

I miss the paper tbh it was alright in the 90's. Like a lot of things

Unread 07-09-2023, 10:24 AM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
dogshit innit. i don't even bother clicking on the links these days, it's just a mess of 2 paragraphs, then loads of ads, pop up ads....

I miss the paper tbh it was alright in the 90's. Like a lot of things
getting the pink final straight after coming out of OT was

Unread 07-09-2023, 10:25 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
getting the pink final straight after coming out of OT was
Apart from the ink all over your hands

Unread 07-09-2023, 12:58 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Apart from the ink all over your hands
Literally hot off the press - the ink hadn’t even dried.

Unread 07-09-2023, 01:21 PM
wiganste

Imagine the pink now with games going on until about ten past five? They'd be £#%&!ed

Unread 07-09-2023, 01:48 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
It’s unreadable. I’d last longer on Katy Perry than I do on their site.

Probably why city dgaf about them posting it.

Unread 07-09-2023, 01:51 PM
Bunker Buster

Every local rag has that same lay out now up and down the country....

AI news bots...

Tynr and wear
York
Milton Keynes

Glad they have me blocked...