United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 06-03-2024, 10:03 AM
Sparky***

Default Ole on Neville's podcast

Unread 06-03-2024, 10:06 AM
Stickman

Thumbs up

Can see this being an interesting listen….

Unread 06-03-2024, 10:29 AM
Jethro

Christ, Bellingham really got the red carpet treatment. SAF, Robbo and Eric!

Unread 06-03-2024, 10:47 AM
larry

assume the big RONALDO REGRET thumbnail is that he'd still be in a job if that shit@#%&! rapist hadn't been forced upon him?

Unread 06-03-2024, 10:53 AM
Bunker Buster

Nice to hear he's Eth IN ..

Unread 06-03-2024, 11:08 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
assume the big RONALDO REGRET thumbnail is that he'd still be in a job if that shit@#%&! rapist hadn't been forced upon him?
Says it was his decision to sign him and it was the right thing to do at the time, but it didn’t work out for him, United or Ronaldo.

Unread 06-03-2024, 11:10 AM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post
Says it was his decision to sign him and it was the right thing to do at the time, but it didn’t work out for him, United or Ronaldo.
guess he's either reluctant to be honest or perhaps has his hands tied

Unread 06-03-2024, 12:07 PM
guerreiro

Tell he wasn’t happy we never got Haaland. He was going to talk more about Bellingham before Keane bulldozed in with banter. Only thing he got out was he wanted guaranteed minutes.

Unread 06-03-2024, 12:07 PM
Ethers

Love him.

Certain people should hang their heads in shame after what they said about him.

First time I’ve bothered watching this, not generally a fan of these kind of podcasts. Carragher is annoying as £#%&! isn’t he

Unread 06-03-2024, 12:45 PM
marlo

I was wrong about ole.

he hasn’t the best manager but for a so called novice he played better football then the genius we have now.

We were actually favourites to win games against good teams with ole in charge as opposed to now seeing not getting thrashed that badly as an accomplishment.

we were never 2nd best consistently against shit teams and his signings all made sense in the surface.

Unread 06-03-2024, 01:15 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Love him obvs buuuuut...

The fact that he rated McTommerz and Fred so highly for their "legs and energy" in midfield is very telling. Talks up wanting to see if we can go up to the next level because of the window we where we sign Varane, Sancho and Ronaldo but rates those two utter no marks in the middle of the pitch?!

Utter legend but a ridiculous, lazy and short sighted appointment from a club that is poorly run

Unread 06-03-2024, 01:16 PM
atticusgrinch

Won't watch.

I want to remember 99 and not him blubbing and us going nowhere for 3 years while city and the dippers cleaned up.

Unread 06-03-2024, 01:29 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
guess he's either reluctant to be honest or perhaps has his hands tied
Or perhaps it’s just one of those things, he’s able to accept it without crying or blaming anyone.

Looking forward to listening.

Unread 06-03-2024, 01:41 PM
shenwen

I was ole out but looking back should have been given until end of the season. Even that Liverpool game seems not too bad considering what came after
Still don’t think he has the right personality for managing at the very top level. Even in this, he’s too nice and wanting to please.

Unread 06-03-2024, 02:01 PM
believe

We all love Ole but he was well out of his depth and this show proves it, he’s just too nice a bloke and there was no way he way going to get control of the current type of player.

Found the whole thing a difficult watch tbh, wolfing down food talking about how great hotel footballs steak pies are, Keane now just resigned to be being a bitter ex pro who knows he’s never managing again so jumping on the banter train with Carragher and Wright (the Jude Bellingham bit made him look a right @#%&!) and Jill Scott giving her insight in to how difficult it is to score in a European cup semi final.

The only one of them worth listening to ironically is Neville who tries to keep everything on track and desperately tries his hardest to get some dirt on the Glazers.

Unread 06-03-2024, 02:44 PM
Dr Stranger

The level of disrespect for him (PE Teacher) was out of order at the time and looks even more so now. He had to go at the time he went. we’d completely gone by that Watford game. He’d found his limit within that United structure, just like everyone else did.

He did a good job. As good as anyone else since Fergie. He just hit the same brick wall they all have, including Ten Hag.

Unread 06-03-2024, 02:46 PM
Sparky***

Ole was never as bad a manager as he was made out to be. I think we all see that now with the clown show that was operating above him.

I love him to bits and it was genuinely sad the way it ended. We'll never have another manager who loves the club like he does, never. He really did put the club before himself and that's rare.

Unread 06-03-2024, 02:56 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
Ole was never as bad a manager as he was made out to be. I think we all see that now with the clown show that was operating above him.

I love him to bits and it was genuinely sad the way it ended. We'll never have another manager who loves the club like he does, never. He really did put the club before himself and that's rare.
Yep. The abuse he got was crazy. You can want him gone without hating him or turning on him.

He was about as ‘he gets us’ as you can get. Can’t get mad at that IMO.

Unread 06-03-2024, 03:01 PM
Jethro

I'd have him back if Erik leaves tbh

Unread 06-03-2024, 03:02 PM
NedKelly

When he cried… I’ll tell you one thing and I’m not ashamed to say it; my estimation of Ole Gunnar Solksjaer as a man just £#%&!ing plummeted.