United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-05-2022, 12:44 PM
Dr Stranger

Default The rebuild behind the scenes

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ummer-rebuild/

Interesting one.

“It’s been harder to get out of the club than in”. Sounds about right.

Unread 30-05-2022, 12:56 PM
Mr_Ed

Sounds promising…. Let’s just hope they can deliver.

We could be sitting here in 5 years reading another article about it all if they balls it up.

Unread 30-05-2022, 01:01 PM
dunk

A good start.

I was thinking about it the other day; Fergie used to sell/sacrifice high ranking senior players from time to time to freshen the minds of the others, you don’t have a right to be here and you can be gone at any time. The culture now is every player is here until they retire it’s mental. When was the last time we sold someone and it was a bit of a shock? I honestly can’t think of anyone since Ruud?

Unread 30-05-2022, 01:04 PM
Coracao

If there's one thing we excel at, it is briefing the press that we are trying to improve things.

Unread 30-05-2022, 01:09 PM
Patty_b

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a constant victim of the childish, giddy optimism whenever anything changes at the club. So I'm very much making an effort to withold any real optimism until any positive changes are clear to see.

However, I think it's obvious that this is the start of the most successful rebuild ever in the history of football. Might as well start on Erik's statue now.

Hup United Hup!

Unread 30-05-2022, 01:16 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
A good start.

I was thinking about it the other day; Fergie used to sell/sacrifice high ranking senior players from time to time to freshen the minds of the others, you don’t have a right to be here and you can be gone at any time. The culture now is every player is here until they retire it’s mental. When was the last time we sold someone and it was a bit of a shock? I honestly can’t think of anyone since Ruud?
Tbf, I’m usually quite shocked any time we manage to sell
One of our shit@#%&!s.

Unread 30-05-2022, 01:39 PM
Jethro

What are the legal ramifications of either cancelling or paying off the remainder of a contract? The rebuild wont go anywhere till the turds are flushed. We owe them nothing.

Unread 30-05-2022, 02:34 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
If there's one thing we excel at, it is briefing the press that we are trying to improve things.
Yep. Would love to know who our official mirror partner is. Must have filled their boots recently.

Also...everyone on here a Telegraph subscriber or they blocking me?

Unread 30-05-2022, 02:35 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
What are the legal ramifications of either cancelling or paying off the remainder of a contract?
You cannot. Not without the agreement of both sides.

Plus, you'd be taking the full hit of their yearly salary (or however long they've got left) in one hit. Bye bye warchest.

Unread 30-05-2022, 09:36 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
What are the legal ramifications of either cancelling or paying off the remainder of a contract? The rebuild wont go anywhere till the turds are flushed. We owe them nothing.
this is the issue....

you're talking an absolute wedge to pay them off....

you'd go through your entire transfer budget...

which is why people have been going mad about how much we pay on wages.... we can't pay them off and no one wants to pay them what we do.

Unread 30-05-2022, 09:38 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
You cannot. Not without the agreement of both sides.

Plus, you'd be taking the full hit of their yearly salary (or however long they've got left) in one hit. Bye bye warchest.
Also depends whether the contract has some sort of early exit clause to protect either party in the event that the other unilaterally decides to end it before time.

Unread 30-05-2022, 09:46 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
Also depends whether the contract has some sort of early exit clause to protect either party in the event that the other unilaterally decides to end it before time.
You can’t unilaterally end a contract before time. That’s a breach of contract. Innocent party can claim damages. Basically what they would have earned during the remainder of the contract, less any earnings they get elsewhere in that period ( or would have earned if they had made reasonable efforts to get another job).

Giving a party a right to end it early on payment of a specified amount is something else.

Unread 30-05-2022, 10:09 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
You can’t unilaterally end a contract before time. That’s a breach of contract. Innocent party can claim damages. Basically what they would have earned during the remainder of the contract, less any earnings they get elsewhere in that period ( or would have earned if they had made reasonable efforts to get another job).

Giving a party a right to end it early on payment of a specified amount is something else.
Unfortunately it’s very much in the player’s favour. If they ever hand in a written request, that’s the only time the club wouldn’t be liable to pay the remainder up. Or if the player is unable to fulfil their side of the contract due to drug misuse or some other gross misconduct equivalent (doing time, etc).

Unread 30-05-2022, 10:16 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Unfortunately it’s very much in the player’s favour. If they ever hand in a written request, that’s the only time the club wouldn’t be liable to pay the remainder up. Or if the player is unable to fulfil their side of the contract due to drug misuse or some other gross misconduct equivalent (doing time, etc).
Interesting one this. Not your post, but the general feeling I get on the thread. Not often on here that workers’ rights are bad news ….

Unread 31-05-2022, 10:32 AM
Drexl

Andy O'Boyle appointed Deputy Chief Engineer of Reactor No4... er I mean Deputy Football Director

Unread 31-05-2022, 10:36 AM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Surely being a bag of shite at football should be classed as breach of contract.....if only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
Interesting one this. Not your post, but the general feeling I get on the thread. Not often on here that workers’ rights are bad news ….
Herein lies the discrepancy.

Unread 31-05-2022, 10:39 AM
Ethers

He was Klopp’s former fitness coach.

I predict Asthma rates in Manchester might suddenly go through the roof

Unread 31-05-2022, 10:46 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
He was Klopp’s former fitness coach.

I predict Asthma rates in Manchester might suddenly go through the roof
Closed Thread