United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Unread 14-07-2008, 12:04 PM
gaja212

Default Debt

Just hoping someone can provide me with a little info or advice!?

In 2001 i received a CCJ via Lloyds TSB for a 1K unpaid unsecured debt.

I never paid it even after the CCJ and was never pursued for it either. The CCJ has been removed from my credit file now and I have even had finance from TSB since.
I am now getting letters and calls from a debt recovery firm whom they sold the debt too, telling me the debt is still outstanding and must be paid and that failure to do so will result in "further action", however they wouldn't say what that would be.
Am I still liable for this money and what further action can they take? Surely I can't be blacklisted twice for the same debt??
I need this sorting as it took me years to get back on track, but would obviously rather not pay it if possible!

Thanks in advance!

Unread 14-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Ginners

these debt recovery firms have the power nowadays to legally enter your house and break your legs

Unread 14-07-2008, 12:15 PM
koppas

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
these debt recovery firms have the power nowadays to legally enter your house and break your legs
Post of the day.

Unread 14-07-2008, 12:18 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaja212
Just hoping someone can provide me with a little info or advice!?

In 2001 i received a CCJ via Lloyds TSB for a 1K unpaid unsecured debt.

I never paid it even after the CCJ and was never pursued for it either. The CCJ has been removed from my credit file now and I have even had finance from TSB since.
I am now getting letters and calls from a debt recovery firm whom they sold the debt too, telling me the debt is still outstanding and must be paid and that failure to do so will result in "further action", however they wouldn't say what that would be.
Am I still liable for this money and what further action can they take? Surely I can't be blacklisted twice for the same debt??
I need this sorting as it took me years to get back on track, but would obviously rather not pay it if possible!

Thanks in advance!
I think you've hada a ccj you're still liable. I may be wrong though.
If you fucked off at the time and they never contacted you usually, after six years they can't get anything off you. That may change with a ccj though.
You could always say it's not you of course...can they prove other wise?

Unread 14-07-2008, 12:23 PM
Mr_Ed

They still want their money back...

It's only a grand... Get a loan out and pay them back. oh, erm....

Unread 14-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Stretters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
They still want their money back...

It's only a grand... Get a loan out and pay them back. oh, erm....
Only

You realise how many Cowboy boots I could buy with that, are you loaded then

Unread 14-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretters
Only

You realise how many Cowboy boots I could buy with that, are you loaded then
No of course I'm not loaded... I only earn about 65k per year. However if I was a grand in debt I would do what I did when I was a grand in debt and ask my parents to loan it to me, take out a loan to sort it out or just hide for a while.

Unread 14-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Stretters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
No of course I'm not loaded... I only earn about 65k per year. However if I was a grand in debt I would do what I did when I was a grand in debt and ask my parents to loan it to me, take out a loan to sort it out or just hide for a while.
How old are you

Unread 14-07-2008, 12:36 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I think you've hada a ccj you're still liable. I may be wrong though.
If you fucked off at the time and they never contacted you usually, after six years they can't get anything off you. That may change with a ccj though.
You could always say it's not you of course...can they prove other wise?
Don't think it does, unless they got a charge on his property.

Best advice is to contact the Consumer Credit Counseling Service. They will advise you on your rights, how to reply etc. They may even take it off your hands and handle the correspondence them selves.

Unread 14-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretters
How old are you
What's that got to do with the price of bacon?
Closed Thread