United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 14-10-2017, 04:54 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Mate I love this sort of thing, don't you?
I prefer football.

Unread 14-10-2017, 04:56 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Big game tomorrow, could be a mark of how far we've come under this leadership.
You know I'm camp mou pal but just wondered if today was that mark of how far we've come that you predicted? Or would we just rather forget it and move on?

Unread 14-10-2017, 04:56 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I prefer football.
We all do, but on occasions needs must.

Unread 14-10-2017, 05:01 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I prefer football.
How long you watched united pal? Serious question. Put it this way, you sound like you've not seen us that often play at anfield.

Lots of fans suggest their favourite match there was when John o Shea scored in the 90+ minute - you'll remember that we were comprehensively outplayed in that match don't you?

It was bad today but not untypical of a lot of what has gone before.

Unread 14-10-2017, 05:02 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
How long you watched united pal? Serious question. Put it this way, you sound like you've not seen us that often play at anfield.

Lots of fans suggest their favourite match there was when John o Shea scored in the 90+ minute - you'll remember that we were comprehensively outplayed in that match don't you?

It was bad today but not untypical of a lot of what has gone before.
None of that makes it acceptable.

Unread 14-10-2017, 05:05 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Maybe not but, you and many others weren't saying that back then, were you?

Or the fucking time they beat us in 2009, when they hadn't won any in six and we shat ourselves as usual. Lost the league by a point that year. Makes you think if it was acceptable then?

Today was fucking shite. Abysmal. But, it's exactly what I expected and always have done when we've gone there in the last 10 or 15 years

Unread 14-10-2017, 05:11 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
You know I'm camp mou pal but just wondered if today was that mark of how far we've come that you predicted? Or would we just rather forget it and move on?
It's par.

A big win would have been amazing, and people would be very confident of us winning the league. As it stands, we still have things to prove. Clearly a great start to the season though.

Can honestly see us going unbeaten all season.

Unread 14-10-2017, 05:14 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Not so sure - if nothing else, it provides some context. The best I've seen us there for many years is the van gaal match- even then, they were down to 10 men and we almost completely shat ourselves towards the end.

Honestly, I'm disappointed because I thought we had more than them- And we did fuck all. No ones blind but let's not get hysterical.

Unread 14-10-2017, 05:18 PM
saffers

Chelsea lost as soon as they lost kante and morata.

People forget we're without Ibra, Pogba, Bailly, Fella, Rojo, Shaw, Carrick. Plenty of room for improvement for us this season. We are nowhere near our best. City are at their very best, spurs are near-ish their best, I suppose their home form could improve. We are going very well.

Unread 14-10-2017, 05:41 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Maybe not but, you and many others weren't saying that back then, were you?

Or the fucking time they beat us in 2009, when they hadn't won any in six and we shat ourselves as usual. Lost the league by a point that year. Makes you think if it was acceptable then?

Today was fucking shite. Abysmal. But, it's exactly what I expected and always have done when we've gone there in the last 10 or 15 years
4, actually.