United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-06-2013, 12:19 AM
armchair

My big worry is that everton were notoriously slow starters in the league then picked up later. I think they started last season ok then fell away but that was the exception. That and hearing that Moyes is reactive (let's taylor the way we play based on the opponents weaknesses) rather than proactive (let's play to our strengths) with his tactics worries me. I wonder did everton start so slow every season because there's always a lag to reaction?

I'm sure he's aware of all this and will be looking to win the first dozen games ten nil. He's not an idiot and no doubt everyone at United is acutely aware of his issues at everton.

If he doesn't win the league it will have been a failure but if he wins a domestic cup he'll be kept on. I don't think we have a hope in europe.

Unread 16-06-2013, 12:37 AM
Vedder

Ronnie, Robin, Thiago and Shinji tear defences to shreds

Unread 16-06-2013, 12:57 AM
Faizah

I think United signed Moyes, so the fans won't expect so much the first season

Unread 16-06-2013, 05:07 AM
believe

I fully expect that by November, we'll have footage of the players looking up to the stands where SAF is giving out directions all while Moe, is crouched Wengeresque on the touchline with his head in his hands.

Unread 16-06-2013, 08:12 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faizah
I think United signed Moyes, so the fans won't expect so much the first season
Classic Faizahers

Unread 16-06-2013, 08:38 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
i know, can't bloody wait
all the #@&%!ernee and hirish lobotomy jobs will be up for it

Unread 16-06-2013, 09:27 AM
Stickman

Thumbs up

we'll have a good crack at everything just like weve done every season since 2006.

Unread 16-06-2013, 11:03 AM
Bronson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
we'll have a good crack at everything just like weve done every season since 2006.
agreed

couple of signings and we'll be competitive on all fronts.

not expecting miracles, its going to take a year or so to get over sir alex.

Unread 16-06-2013, 11:23 AM
BarryX

I think Robin Van Persie will be made captain, and we'll do £#%&!ing brilliantly in Europe - if RVP stay's fit we'll have a good chance of making it to the Semis, and from then on, it's anybodies guess. Premier League will be a tough old battle, too hard to call, but I can see us retaining the title with one or two astute purchases (midfield).

Chicarito for Golden Boot winner should we sell Rooney.

Unread 16-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Pudge_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
My big worry is that everton were notoriously slow starters in the league then picked up later. I think they started last season ok then fell away but that was the exception. That and hearing that Moyes is reactive (let's taylor the way we play based on the opponents weaknesses) rather than proactive (let's play to our strengths) with his tactics worries me. I wonder did everton start so slow every season because there's always a lag to reaction?

I'm sure he's aware of all this and will be looking to win the first dozen games ten nil. He's not an idiot and no doubt everyone at United is acutely aware of his issues at everton.

If he doesn't win the league it will have been a failure but if he wins a domestic cup he'll be kept on. I don't think we have a hope in europe.
Maybe, but he normally had worse players than the opposition. He's not naive enough to approach it like that.

Unread 16-06-2013, 11:40 AM
JakeB

Pretty much the same as last season, with more hysteria when games are lost.

Unread 16-06-2013, 01:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

Well, a major complaint about SAF in his final years is that he was more bothered about nullifying the opposition's strengths than playing to our own?

Unread 16-06-2013, 02:50 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well, a major complaint about SAF in his final years is that he was more bothered about nullifying the opposition's strengths than playing to our own?
which was funny because it wasn't remotely true

Unread 16-06-2013, 03:04 PM
jem

if we are going to win the league, we'll need a couple of inspired purchases. we've been quite shit for the last three years and got away with it largely. staying still won't be enough and we'll be slipping back.

only realistic hope is rooney gets his act together and we have no significant injuries.

I wouldn't put money on us winning anything.

Unread 16-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
if we are going to win the league, we'll need a couple of inspired purchases. we've been quite shit for the last three years and got away with it largely. staying still won't be enough and we'll be slipping back.

only realistic hope is rooney gets his act together and we have no significant injuries.

I wouldn't put money on us winning anything.
you missed out hit the ground running, but not a bad effort at cliche-riddled football speak

Unread 16-06-2013, 05:58 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
you missed out hit the ground running, but not a bad effort at cliche-riddled football speak
you haven't totally corrupted me, then.

Unread 21-07-2013, 02:35 AM
MagnificentSeven

2nd/3rd in the league

at least the quarters of the champions league

pushing for the league cup. setting the bar low but it is moyeser's first season

can forget about the fa cup, past four years we've been knocked out by the rentboys, dippers, berties and scum so we'll draw arse in the 4th or 5th round to complete the set of @#%&! clubs consecutively beating us in it

really though, that wouldn't be a bad first season for moyes, even if it may render us trophyless. it'll show that we're still ambitious. i just know that if it happens, everyone, from united fans, to abus, to the press, will be saying united are finished.:shakehead:

Unread 21-07-2013, 09:05 AM
The taste of...

It's all %@#$&!s whatever happens.

If Sir David won the Treble the @#%&!s will say it was Fogwoggles team that did it.

Don't bother emphatically judging Moyes until all positions are filled with players he buys or brings through.

Unread 21-07-2013, 09:06 AM
Bunker Buster

5th

Unread 21-07-2013, 09:07 AM
MUFC One Love

If we sign a couple of players like a Fabregas and another good player we will do well. I think under Moyes the players will be well up for it as much as ever. Who knows, having a younger manager who is hands on might help? The players will be determined to prove they can win stuff without Fergal.
Closed Thread