United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Should we sign WW permanently?
Yes. Oat bags galore 57 59.38%
No. Stable round the back and shoot him. 39 40.63%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 02-03-2023, 03:42 PM
Dr Stranger

Default Wout Weghorst: Hay Or Neigh? 🐴

I think we can all agree that Weggy has done a really good job since joining.

…But would you sign him permanently?

No fence sitting, just gallop towards the answer.

Horst power or no.

Unread 02-03-2023, 03:43 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I think we can all agree that Weggy has done a really good job since joining.

…But would you sign him permanently?

No fence sitting, just gallop towards the answer.

Horst power or no.
Poll you slag

Unread 02-03-2023, 03:45 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Poll you slag
It’s coming. JeeeZ…

pc6090

Voted yes as he’s a good option to have. Don’t think anyone thinks we are going to build a team around him

Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc6090
Voted yes as he’s a good option to have. Don’t think anyone thinks we are going to build a team around him
Except Marlo.

Unread 02-03-2023, 03:46 PM
believe

Glad he’s contributing some running around but there will be a game soon when he’s relied upon in the position we bought him. If he’s here next season things won’t have gone well.

Unread 02-03-2023, 03:48 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Except Marlo.

Unread 02-03-2023, 03:50 PM
jem

not really a case of fence sitting, but the answer depends on the alternatives. is he the standard we need? nope. is he better than nothing? yup.

would I sign him? no, I would sign someone better. wouldn't I? huh? huh? ....... *sigh*

for a big lad, he is phenomenally shit in the air, though.

Unread 02-03-2023, 03:54 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
not really a case of fence sitting, but the answer depends on the alternatives. is he the standard we need? nope. is he better than nothing? yup.

would I sign him? no, I would sign someone better. wouldn't I? huh? huh? ....... *sigh*

for a big lad, he is phenomenally $#*! in the air, though.
We sign a first choice striker and we sell Martial.

Go!

Unread 02-03-2023, 03:56 PM
Baron

Yes, as a 4th choice.

i.e. he gets the last 10mins of some games, starts vs lower leagues in early cup competitions & then beyond that - emergencies. But for €12m or whatever, what can you expect.

We should have an Osimhen first choice, Martial if he were ever fit next - or sell him & someone like him - as back-up, then Rashford / Garnacho to fill in from out of position & the Wouters.

Unread 02-03-2023, 03:56 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

for a big lad, he is phenomenally $#*! in the air, though.
Obvs this.

Unread 02-03-2023, 03:57 PM
believe

Quote:

Go!
Why would you have a back up striker who can’t score goals but can work hard? If something we’ve never had. It’s something no team has ever had.
It’s basically something we’ve just made up in the last two weeks to justify having him playing for us.

Unread 02-03-2023, 03:57 PM
jem

Quote:

Go!
I do not accept selling martial.

Unread 02-03-2023, 03:59 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Why would you have a back up striker who can’t score goals but can work hard? If something we’ve never had. It’s something no team has ever had.
It’s basically something we’ve just made up in the last two weeks to justify having him playing for us.
Nobody needs to justify him playing for us. The results and performances do that themselves.

People are just trying to explain it for those unable to look past goal statistics.

Unread 02-03-2023, 04:02 PM
Dasilvatwins

Plays every match like it’s the grand national. Can teach the likes of martial and pogba a thing or too about working hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Nobody needs to justify him playing for us. The results and performances do that themselves.

People are just trying to explain it for those unable to look past goal statistics.
It’s a team sport. We are winning with him in the team. Obviously he isn’t the first choice striker for the future and obviously he was signed because of the financial circumstances we found ourselves in this past January.

As a back up, under 10 million as a third choice striker behind , the new one we hopefully sign in the summer and rashford. Or as an option off the bench. Would be very good business, got a feeling he just needs to score a goal and the flood gates open.

Hopefully this happens against the scousers on the weekend.

We don’t even have to use him as a striker, he’s played at number 10 where he’s brought other players into the game . Shame people can’t see what ETH can

Unread 02-03-2023, 04:07 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
got a feeling he just needs to score a goal and the flood gates open.
I do not have this feeling.

he did score a jolly nice intelligent goal for us. but I don't think he really has an eye for goal. he's had enough chances. he looks confident and happy. he's just not really a natural goalscorer at all.

Unread 02-03-2023, 04:12 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I do not have this feeling.

he did score a jolly nice intelligent goal for us. but I don't think he really has an eye for goal. he's had enough chances. he looks confident and happy. he's just not really a natural goalscorer at all.
Maybe, probably wishful thinking but if he keeps doing what he does and we keep winning I won’t be complaining.

We are allowed to enjoy players who aren’t banging in 30 goals a season but still contribute to the team winning.

Naturally the Twitter stat £#%&!ers will point out statistics that don’t show that. He is vital for our tactics .

Things like “defending from the front” by having a high press , all things ETH will need in a team to play how he wants .

He’s brought in other players into the game several times too which have led to goals.

For under 10 million he would be a good 3rd/4th choice option who can also play number 10.

Unread 02-03-2023, 04:24 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

He’s been part of a good run of performances and that’s great but he’s been less effective than Fred in that run and nobody wants Fred here next season. The fact people are now saying they’d like to keep him as long as he doesn’t play that much should tell you all you need to know.

I hope he continues to play his part. I pray to god he’s not here at the start of next season.

Unread 02-03-2023, 04:28 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Maybe, probably wishful thinking but if he keeps doing what he does and we keep winning I won’t be complaining.

We are allowed to enjoy players who aren’t banging in 30 goals a season but still contribute to the team winning.

Naturally the Twitter stat £#%&!ers will point out statistics that don’t show that. He is vital for our tactics .

Things like “defending from the front” by having a high press , all things ETH will need in a team to play how he wants .

He’s brought in other players into the game several times too which have led to goals.

For under 10 million he would be a good 3rd/4th choice option who can also play number 10.
I agree that he has contributed. I just can't see him suddenly turning on the taps. he's not that kind of player. if you told me martial would score 10 goals between now and the end of the season, that would be believable. but he won't do much else.

Unread 02-03-2023, 04:31 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I agree that he has contributed. I just can't see him suddenly turning on the taps. he's not that kind of player. if you told me martial would score 10 goals between now and the end of the season, that would be believable. but he won't do much else.
Yea, probably not. It’s hope more than anything. Even if he doesn’t score goals. If he plays and we keep winning I don’t care if he scores or not . Aslong as someone else does
Closed Thread