United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-11-2022, 01:53 PM
Ethers

Football Joe Lycett vs David Beckham

Unread 20-11-2022, 02:18 PM
Joe Biden

The rainbow people are too much these days. We get it you're gay, but do you have to ram in down everybodys throat 24/7.

Unread 20-11-2022, 02:19 PM
Pop

Some people aren't gay, get over it

I assume that money was fake? Surely it was fake? What an utterly @#%&!ish thing to do if it wasn't in this day and age. £#%&!ing drama queen.

Unread 20-11-2022, 02:23 PM
Vedder

What a £#%&!ing weird @#%&!

Unread 20-11-2022, 02:26 PM
NedKelly

The Dark Knight remake looks a bit shit tbh

Unread 20-11-2022, 02:30 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
What a £#%&!ing weird @#%&!
Yeah and his wife is even worse.

Unread 20-11-2022, 02:34 PM
ryanMUFC

I think people are right to call celebrities out on lining their pockets from a state that disregards human rights?

He’s a comedian, it’s his way of doing things.

Unread 20-11-2022, 02:48 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
I think people are right to call celebrities out on lining their pockets from a state that disregards human rights?

This.

I don’t mind him.

Unread 20-11-2022, 02:48 PM
Bunker Buster

Pocket change to him

Unread 20-11-2022, 02:51 PM
RedNick80

Quote:

Yep, that.

Unread 20-11-2022, 02:51 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

Agree with the sentiment, disagree with the execution. It’s likely fake money anyway, but either way can’t see Becks taking 10k seriously while sitting on the millions that Qatar gave him.

If anything, Beckham could now donate a far larger amount of money to a gay charity and come out of this looking better than Joe.

Unread 20-11-2022, 02:57 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

Yep.

Lycett is also on tour so two birds and all that….

Unread 20-11-2022, 03:03 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Agree with the sentiment, disagree with the execution. It’s likely fake money anyway, but either way can’t see Becks taking 10k seriously while sitting on the millions that Qatar gave him.

If anything, Beckham could now donate a far larger amount of money to a gay charity and come out of this looking better than Joe.

Why should he ? Who the £#%&! even is this guy

Unread 20-11-2022, 03:41 PM
Patty_b

Quite like him, Mrs watches his standups and I've quite enjoyed them.

Not sure what the point of this stunt was though. I get the intention, but his method seems wide of the mark.

Unread 20-11-2022, 03:52 PM
Jethro

No chance it's real money. If so he should be afraid to leave his house for being such a giant @#%&!.

Unread 20-11-2022, 03:56 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

There’s a slim chance of this happening so it’s quite hypothetical.

Lycett isn’t destroying priceless art, stopping traffic or causing distress to people so I respect his sentiment.

Unread 20-11-2022, 04:03 PM
Ethers

A lot of people appear to have been distressed by him shredding £10k for some weird reason.

Unread 20-11-2022, 04:12 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
A lot of people appear to have been distressed by him shredding £10k for some weird reason.
He could have donated it to charity or spent it in Harrods.. or shred it because it’s his.

Unread 20-11-2022, 04:29 PM
Rorschach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
He's attempted to publicly shame somebody who likely doesn't even know him.
This is true and not something I'm generally an advocate for.

However, he does have a point about the contradiction between Beckham's historic positioning on the matter [they gays] and his shilling for Qatar [the sonotgays.]

On balance, I do just about favour Joe's stance - though I do believe he is smart enough to have still have given a different £10k to the charities he cited.

Unread 20-11-2022, 05:24 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
This is true and not something I'm generally an advocate for.

However, he does have a point about the contradiction between Beckham's historic positioning on the matter [they gays] and his shilling for Qatar [the sonotgays.]

On balance, I do just about favour Joe's stance - though I do believe he is smart enough to have still have given a different £10k to the charities he cited.
Reckon loads of the Qatari lads love a secretive daisy chain. Like the Durham Light Infantry.
Closed Thread