United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-07-2022, 11:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio
The usual suspects with their preloaded De Gea content ready to go for a £#%&! up in a meaningless preseason game.

How boringly predictable.
He’s £#%&!ing £#%&!. It’s not a mistake, it’s an example of his inability to do the job.

In the previous game he conceded a shocker and played the shit pass that led to the CB getting sent off. It’s every £#%&!ing game.

Unread 24-07-2022, 02:21 AM
Stickman

and yet the narrative is he saves us time and time again.

Premium Shay Given.

Unread 24-07-2022, 03:24 AM
Ethers

Shots at dunk

Unread 24-07-2022, 03:55 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
He gets 'fouled' a fair bit though doesn't he. Its part of the gig getting targeted for some snide. Its his lack of assertiveness that sees him shoved around at corners.

Unread 24-07-2022, 08:42 AM
Dasilvatwins

Goldbridge fouled .

I mean I’m sure he did something similar vs Arsenal when Fred or someone stood on his foot on a defensive corner and he dropped like a @#%&!. There are countless examples of him not coming out. A gk has to take anything that comes into his 6 yard box.

He will be replaced next summer. Can’t see them offering another 350k a week to a Gk. he is near bottom of this list as there are still actual shit@#%&!s that need to be binned.

Unread 24-07-2022, 08:46 AM
Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Goldbridge fouled .

I mean I’m sure he did something similar vs Arsenal when Fred or someone stood on his foot on a defensive corner and he dropped like a @#%&!. There are countless examples of him not coming out. A gk has to take anything that comes into his 6 yard box.

He will be replaced next summer. Can’t see them offering another 350k a week to a Gk. he is near bottom of this list as there are still actual shit@#%&!s that need to be binned.
Command your area. One of the basics.

Unread 24-07-2022, 10:42 AM
redhegemony

I guess we remember how Schmeichel and Edwin would just dominate the six yard box. Think strikers were more frightened of being knocked out by Schmeichel.

Unread 24-07-2022, 10:49 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
I guess we remember how Schmeichel and Edwin would just dominate the six yard box. Think strikers were more frightened of being knocked out by Schmeichel.
Even little Barthez didn’t get ragdolled.

Unread 24-07-2022, 10:51 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
The thing is, we don’t need him to be like them. Not expecting him to take out 3 players as he gets the ball. But anything that comes into the 6 yard box for a guy who’s 6ft and has the advantage of jumping up with his hands in the air , he has to take some of these . Being in 350k a week he has to infact take them all. That money is “GK makes no mistakes “money.

Unread 24-07-2022, 11:00 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
The thing is, we don’t need him to be like them. Not expecting him to take out 3 players as he gets the ball. But anything that comes into the 6 yard box for a guy who’s 6ft and has the advantage of jumping up with his hands in the air , he has to take some of these . Being in 350k a week he has to infact take them all. That money is “GK makes no mistakes “money.
whilst I get where you’re coming from, it can’t really work like that.

Should the best strikers in the world get a pass for missing a sitter from 6 yards out. They’ve all done it plenty.

Unread 24-07-2022, 11:12 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
whilst I get where you’re coming from, it can’t really work like that.

Should the best strikers in the world get a pass for missing a sitter from 6 yards out. They’ve all done it plenty.
True, but de gea has been doing this all his career. You can count the amount of times say Ronaldo has missed from 6 yards on one hand.

Fwiw expectation from your 350k -a week striker also is true. If they’re getting anything under 20 goals a season in which they’ve been injury free then they shouldn’t be paid that much. That’s the standard they should be held against

Unread 24-07-2022, 11:16 AM
redhegemony

The trouble is opposition teams know he's vulnerable there so pile in. Makes their corners easier- just smash it towards him.

Unread 24-07-2022, 11:30 AM
Sparky***

"foul" ffs.

If that's what passes as a foul on the keeper then we should all give up.

the fact is De Gea has always been a timid goalkeeper who shies away from coming for the ball in rucks of players. I mean jesus christ De Gea, you're 6ft 3 and you can use your hands, you should be out jumping everyone.

It's a terrible weakness as is his inability to play out from the back or come off his line to sweep up balls launched over the top of our defenders.

He won't last long under ten hag. I suspect this may be his last season.

Unread 24-07-2022, 11:40 AM
dunk

Goldbridge ffs Ether, I thought you were better than watching that gimp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
"foul" ffs.

If that's what passes as a foul on the keeper then we should all give up.

the fact is De Gea has always been a timid goalkeeper who shies away from coming for the ball in rucks of players. I mean jesus christ De Gea, you're 6ft 3 and you can use your hands, you should be out jumping everyone.

It's a terrible weakness as is his inability to play out from the back or come off his line to sweep up balls launched over the top of our defenders.

He won't last long under ten hag. I suspect this may be his last season.
I'm hoping we sign a halfway competent 2nd choice keeper who will oust him during the season by virtue of being quite good at everything rather than really, really good at one minuscule part of the role and an utter embarrassment in every other facet.

Quote:
The trouble is opposition teams know he's vulnerable there so pile in. Makes their corners easier- just smash it towards him.
Southampton and Villa, off the top of my head, have taken points off us regularly(ish) using this tactic. Set-piece, whip it in on top of him and watch him flail.

Sticking Martinez in there and Eriksen rather than Varane/Lindelof or The Scottish Player/Matic is going to exacerbate the problem massively.

Counter's will be a nightmare too, as he cowers in his 6 yard box and leaves acres of pitch for them to play the ball into.

Unread 24-07-2022, 12:23 PM
utd99

His lack of presence in his own 6 against well delivered set pieces is shocking quite frankly. Between him and Bailly that last minute goal looked like something you’d see at a kids match.

The fact that De Gea has bailed us out so many times is reflective of just how poor we’ve been and highlighted what he’s good at. We know what he’s good at - no one’s disputing it - however the better we get, the more he’s going to have to lean on the things he’s terrible at. Then he won’t be saving us points he’ll be costing them. Good teams don’t need to be bailed out consistently..

Unread 24-07-2022, 12:47 PM
dunk

Any other supposed top team would’ve binned him £#%&!ing ages ago. Years. I doubt he’d have made it out of LvG’s first season

Unread 24-07-2022, 12:49 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Any other supposed top team would’ve binned him £#%&!ing ages ago. Years. I doubt he’d have made it out of LvG’s first season
LVG did quite well with him didn’t he? That’s certainly the most consistent I can remember De Gea being.

Unread 24-07-2022, 12:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
LVG did quite well with him didn’t he? That’s certainly the most consistent I can remember De Gea being.
Even then his weakness were there for all to see.

We’ve spent ridiculous amounts of millions on defenders and midfielders with little to no improvement, the same issues consistently plague us in the back line. The only constant is this @#%&!.

Unread 25-07-2022, 06:12 AM
believe

He must have bought all these

Individual

UEFA European Under-21 Championship Team of the Tournament: 2011, 2013[256]
PFA Team of the Year: 2012–13 Premier League,[257] 2014–15 Premier League,[258] 2015–16 Premier League,[259] 2016–17 Premier League,[260] 2017–18 Premier League[261]
Premier League Player of the Month: January 2022[262]
PFA Fans' Premier League Player of the Month: November 2014[263]
Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year: 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2017–18[264][265]
Manchester United Players' Player of the Year: 2013–14, 2014–15, 2017–18, 2021–22[266][267][268]
UEFA Europa League Squad of the Season: 2015–16[269]
FIFA FIFPro World11: 2018[270]
Premier League Golden Glove: 2017–18[245]

Unread 25-07-2022, 08:49 AM
dunk

Like Pogba bought a World Cup.
Closed Thread