United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-12-2016, 12:07 AM
browser

Default If Berba had signed this summer instead of '08

How much more would he be appreciated?

As much as I love Ibra and everything about him, he's surprised me with his profligacy when it comes to converting chances.. he's delivered Nqat but could easily be into the 20 plus bracket with the chances he's had this season. Notable misses v city, Liverpool and Burnley spring to mind.

A big leap granted but the way Ibra carries himself reminds me so much of Berba, genuinely think he'd be top goal scorer in the league if he played in this system.

Tevez, Ronaldo, Rooney, Berba - £#%&! we were spoiled!

Unread 12-12-2016, 12:10 AM
armchair

He would've long since wilted imo

Unread 12-12-2016, 12:16 AM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He would've long since wilted imo
Really? Debut goal vs Chelsea? Hatty vs the dippers..

Unread 12-12-2016, 12:50 AM
tatty

ZI as a 5 year old probably had more balls than Berbs.

No question he had fantastic talent but it was the aimless, gutless, driveless, listless etc etc attitude he had that £#%&!ed me off.

At least with Zlatan he's setting an example as a man/leader.

Unread 12-12-2016, 01:20 AM
92ToBury

Trade Martial in for a left-sided equivalent of Mhikitaryan and we've got one hell of an attack. And Rooney

Unread 12-12-2016, 01:29 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Really? Debut goal vs Chelsea? Hatty vs the dippers..
His debut was Anfield in a 2-1 defeat. First home game Bolton I think in which he was very poor.

Unread 12-12-2016, 01:35 AM
Billy Redface

What an odd thread

Unread 12-12-2016, 01:46 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
What an odd thread
Berbastalgia is a strange thing. A what-could-have-been sort of thing. Seemed a strange purchase and certainly unsettled Tevez.

Unread 12-12-2016, 01:49 AM
BobJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Trade Martial in for a left-sided equivalent of Mhikitaryan and we've got one hell of an attack. And Rooney

Unread 12-12-2016, 02:02 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Berbastalgia is a strange thing. A what-could-have-been sort of thing. Seemed a strange purchase and certainly unsettled Tevez.
Not so much that. Just odd timing. Seems like a conversation for another day. Like when our current number 9 maybe failed.

Unread 12-12-2016, 02:03 AM
browser

He's the most under appreciated of our PL golden boot winners imo

The pivot, the weight of pass, the touch...the absolute refusal to change his style of play...loved watching him in a United shirt.

Quote:
Not so much that. Just odd timing. Seems like a conversation for another day. Like when our current number 9 maybe failed.
I love Ibra, the way he moves about the pitch is what made me think of berbs who also had such a recognisable style...got me wondering how many goals berba would have got it this team...I think he'd have scored a few more than zlat...people forget what a good finisher he was

Unread 12-12-2016, 02:23 AM
armchair

Quote:
What an odd thread
Quote:
so stay out of it.

Unread 12-12-2016, 02:26 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
so stay out of it.
No.

My questioning its timing is being part of it.

Why would my thinking it's odd mean I shouldn't post in it?

Unread 12-12-2016, 02:45 AM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
No doubt berb had some great moments and games but overall he was a frustrating let down/waste of a place on the pitch.

Unread 12-12-2016, 04:49 AM
waynes ear's

Christ

Give the login back to the smart one

Unread 12-12-2016, 08:18 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Christ

Give the login back to the smart one
That was blagger ffs

Unread 12-12-2016, 08:38 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
I think we were a bit uncomfortable with the nature of the Tevez deal and Berbs was a bit of security. Ferie was always a bit jumpy with agents holding the aces and Berbs allowed him a bit of a stronger hand - but if he'd just let the Tevez issue sort itself out wedve been better off, Imho. Although his behaviour didn't always inspire confidence that he was here for the duration. I get the impression it was only when he left he appreciated the club. Ferie could've handled it better though.

Unread 12-12-2016, 10:03 AM
My Name is Keith

Had a lovely laconic style - looked like he was elegantly smoking whilst playing but I found him infuriating most of the time.

Remember an away at Blackburn when we needed a result and it needed an Eric style talisman to rise up and score a goal. berbs nowhere to be seen yet again when we were desperate. Very visible in easy run of the mill matches though.

Ibra's a leader- pure and simple and a large part of our growing backbone/ taking responsibility is down to him.

Unread 12-12-2016, 03:29 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
That was blagger ffs
Nah browser shares with his pal who plays battlefield and destiny. One works "in the city" the other is a slack jawed yokel from stoke

Unread 12-12-2016, 05:49 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
I think we were a bit uncomfortable with the nature of the Tevez deal and Berbs was a bit of security. Ferie was always a bit jumpy with agents holding the aces and Berbs allowed him a bit of a stronger hand - but if he'd just let the Tevez issue sort itself out wedve been better off, Imho. Although his behaviour didn't always inspire confidence that he was here for the duration. I get the impression it was only when he left he appreciated the club. Ferie could've handled it better though.
Shouldn't be forgotten that Tevez didn't turn up for the opening match of the 2007/08 campaign when we had a desperate injury crisis up front.

Yes he had a family bereavement, but the club offered to put on a private plane for him so he could play FFS.

By all accounts SAF was pretty furious, and you can imagine the manager never quite trusting him after that. And, therefore, all the more determined to sign Berbs.
Closed Thread