United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 07-05-2021, 01:53 PM
otbarney

Personally I don't think hes good enough, but I would love to be proved wrong.

Unread 07-05-2021, 01:55 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Ole out?
Absolutely not. More give beek a chance.

It was a funny purchase - good player but did his game for Ajax look like it would fit our system. Obviously him passing to his own players would confuse our lads a bit but surely he'd be a better alternative at home than two holding midfielders against the lower half teams when we're looking at breaking them down?

Unread 07-05-2021, 01:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Not even been given the equivalent of five full games for us yet.
Really? £#%&!ing hell that's damning of somebody.. not sure who though, might be him, might be Ole..

Unread 07-05-2021, 02:03 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Really? £#%&!ing hell that's damning of somebody.. not sure who though, might be him, might be Ole..
Sorry, that's just Premier League.

Minutes played:
332 in PL
277 in CL
140 in EL

Still, it's not enough to bin him off for but if Ole didn't sign him and Woodward did, fair play to Ole for sticking to his guns on what he wants in a squad, for good or bad.

Unread 07-05-2021, 02:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Sorry, that's just Premier League.

Minutes played:
332 in PL
277 in CL
140 in EL

Still, it's not enough to bin him off for but if Ole didn't sign him and Woodward did, fair play to Ole for sticking to his guns on what he wants in a squad, for good or bad.
Nah, I think they said early on he had some serious adapting to do physically, he's had a year, get him a decent pre-season and see how he goes next year.

Unread 07-05-2021, 02:19 PM
shenwen

I hope we keep him. Once he's got all that pointing out of his system he could be a useful player for us,

Expect both him and Amad to feature much more next season. Surprised Amad hasn't been given more game time tbh. Would rather him come on for a run than Mata.

Unread 07-05-2021, 02:35 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I hope we keep him. Once he's got all that pointing out of his system he could be a useful player for us,

Expect both him and Amad to feature much more next season. Surprised Amad hasn't been given more game time tbh. Would rather him come on for a run than Mata.
Seems like a good time to prove that we shouldn't keep Lingard, give Amad a few games to prove himself down the right now we know Greenwood is good enough.

Unread 07-05-2021, 04:26 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Do the opposite of what this guy says on footballers at all times, decades of shit shouts...

Classy player...
Benzema...

Unread 07-05-2021, 05:41 PM
MUFC One Love

I want to rate him but last night it looked like United had let a fan play to rebuild the relationship with fans because we had pretty much gone through.

Unread 07-05-2021, 05:47 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I want to rate him but last night it looked like United had let a fan play to rebuild the relationship with fans because we had pretty much gone through.
Yeah he was dogshit in the build up to Bruno's chance, hated him winning tackles on the press deep in their half and the dummy to release rashford....

He was quiet in the second half but unsure what you're expecting from a guy who's given minutes most weeks....

This is a kid who came on the back of a league title, a euro semi where he destroyed Madrid on the way, with goals and assists a plenty...

Unread 25-05-2021, 03:41 AM
armchair

He needs to retire someone out of that midfield.

Unread 25-05-2021, 07:32 AM
MUFC One Love

Thought he was brilliant on Sunday tbf.

Maybe playing deeper to get him games might help him settle in and be involved in games.

Unread 25-05-2021, 09:33 AM
marlo

it’s amazing what physical appearance does to a players opinions.

he is shit. has shown nothing yet “yeah keep
him he will come back”

you all know he isn’t fast enough, strong enough and hides yet we need to give me more or a chance in our engine room.

he has been shocking in his performances and no one would start him in a game we need to win it even bring him off the bench if we needed to win a game....

Unread 25-05-2021, 09:36 AM
AK14

MotM on Sunday imo

I always thought he was more of a 6 when we signed him and was surprised when he was used further forward? He’ll come good if he’s allowed to play in the right position and playing in a two along side a quality DM I think we’d see the best of him

Unread 25-05-2021, 09:57 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
What do you mean by this?

Unread 25-05-2021, 10:01 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
He has no idea. Just dribbling shite as per.

Unread 25-05-2021, 10:03 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Standard implicit racism accusations.

Unread 25-05-2021, 10:13 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

he is shit. has shown nothing yet “yeah keep
him he will come back”

you all know he isn’t fast enough, strong enough and hides yet we need to give me more or a chance in our engine room.

he has been shocking in his performances and no one would start him in a game we need to win it even bring him off the bench if we needed to win a game....
That's the last thing you can accuse him of. There's no one in the squad makes themselves more available more of the time. Watch the game. He's constantly looking for the ball.

Same position Pogba would've lost the ball a few times showing off.

Unread 25-05-2021, 10:20 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
That's the last thing you can accuse him of. There's no one in the squad makes themselves more available more of the time. Watch the game. He's constantly looking for the ball.

Same position Pogba would've lost the ball a few times showing off.
Agree. It’s an odd comment as it’s his biggest attribute. Many times v Wolves he got himself perfectly positioned to receive the ball but his teammate couldn’t get it to him. If we can get that clicking next season then it’ll be a big upgrade.

Unread 25-05-2021, 10:25 AM
jem

the don is a neat little player. pogba is a game-changing world class talent. I'd like to see him showing off a bit in a cup final, just not in our half.

I don't really see the don playing in a two-man midfield (not that I fancy anyone in that formation), but... if I had to choose between vdb-matic and mcfred, at least the first two are footballers.