United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-01-2023, 06:12 PM
Marvel7

I think De Gea has by and large been good this season, he is not great with his feet but neither is that Arsenal keeper and they are doing alright. I actually think most of our problems playing out from the back were more down to not having Casemiro available, I think that is also why we were sat 10 yards deeper than most games this season.

Unread 23-01-2023, 06:41 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
If you compare his attitude to Schmeichel, and even van der Sar, the difference is night and day.

I still remember a couple of occasions against Everton and Leipzig a couple of years ago when he totally bottled coming off his line when the striker was through. Terrified of getting clattered.

That Leeds keeper is scrawny and shite.
I’ve no doubt said it before and I’ll say it again, I once had to get a spider out of his kitchen as he was scared of it No United keeper should be scared of spiders ffs. Swap him in the summer. That shit punch/catch thing yesterday along with his pretending to be hurt after a brush from their forward tipped me over the edge.

Unread 23-01-2023, 09:13 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
De Gea looks incredibly awkward even when making a ten yard pass. It’s like the difference between Fellaini making a short pass and Casemiro making one. So yes in basic terms it’s a simple thing, there’s still a big difference between a keeper that does it well (they basically look like outfield players) and a keeper that looks out of their comfort zone doing it. If you can do it swiftly, you don’t give the opposition forwards the time to reset and launch their press as well.

Furthermore, if there’s no short ball on, your keeper should be able to ping a mid range pass to the next bank of players. He can’t do that with any consistency and rarely even attempts it.
Aye

Unread 23-01-2023, 10:38 PM
Bunker Buster

Fulham keeper looks good .....

Jinx probably

Unread 23-01-2023, 10:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Fulham keeper looks good .....

Jinx probably
Ex-Arsenal, shite.

Unread 23-01-2023, 10:44 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Ex-Arsenal, shite.
Ok goalkeeper oracle.

Unread 23-01-2023, 10:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Ok goalkeeper oracle.
They replaced him with Ramsdale and sold him. Says it all really.

Unread 24-01-2023, 12:21 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Ex-Arsenal, shite.
This.

Unread 24-01-2023, 12:28 AM
tatty

De Gea was arguably the best keeper in the world for a couple of years.

That time is almost a decade ago now though and that we're still clinging on to a mid-table keeper tells its own story about where we've been as a club.

I'm pretty confident that if ETH gets oil money then DDG will be out on his ear.

Unread 24-01-2023, 01:38 AM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Ex-Arsenal, shite.

Unread 24-01-2023, 02:30 AM
Sparky***

£#%&!ing astounding.

Unread 24-01-2023, 09:14 AM
dinger

That punch is living rent free in my head, I pretty much accepted that result 5 mins after final whistle but that £#%&!ing punch has been jumping back into my thoughts constantly, hes a shit bag of a keeper and I dont care how many 'worldy' saves he pulls off it doesnt hide the fact hes a liability.

In fact i'd love to see his great saves offset by goals we concede because of his nervousness or cowardice, the guys in his £#%&!ing 30's he should be well past being a timid keeper but the yellow streak in him runs deep.

Cant wait til ETH shows this @#%&! the door

Unread 24-01-2023, 09:33 AM
puressence

goalkeepers all weekend randomly punch balls we think catch it . Obv only dave does this has chelsea frank highlighted the ramsdale punch when he should have caught it

Unread 24-01-2023, 09:34 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Saw the guy in the corner of his eye on the left and bricked it basically.

Unread 24-01-2023, 09:41 AM
Seamus

I would keep him as number 1, there's no point changing him now. I am sure the coaching staff are working with him to alter some of his play. Obviously he should have caught that ball but lets not forget the great saves he makes, he literally pulls off a couple of worldie saves every game. Any keeper we get in will take a season to bed in and how many points will we drop in the process?

Unread 24-01-2023, 09:46 AM
Hyman_Roth

Still don’t get the hate or in dunks case, the obsessive and continuous vitriol against one of our players.

The punch was shit and he’s shitter with his feet and in commanding his area than we’d all like. He’s had a great season so far though unless I’m missing something.

There are issues that could be better. Guess what, there are issues with every single one of our players that could be improved and there’s a long list of other priorities imv.

And who do we get to replace him? Every keeper in the prem makes absolute howlers on the reg and every keeper that’s joined us has been utter shit. Did someone mention Pickford? Wtaf?

He’ll be phased out over the next 2-3 years I reckon but is nowhere near being a priority imo.

Unread 24-01-2023, 10:09 AM
believe

In 2-3 years he’ll be 35 and will have been at United 14 years. He’s currently 10th in our appearance list and will likely finish up 4th or 5th. That alone should give him more respect than he gets and elevated him to United legend status.

If we made a list of players over the last ten years who contributed to our decline, he’d be in the bottom 5%. The hate he gets is weird as £#%&! but then again so was the hate Rooney got so hopefully in ten years everyone will revise their stance and say they thought he was great all along.

Unread 24-01-2023, 10:14 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe;5881545[I
]In 2-3 years he’ll be 35 and will have been at United 14 years. He’s currently 10th in our appearance list and will likely finish up 4th or 5th.[/i] That alone should give him more respect than he gets and elevated him to United legend status.

If we made a list of players over the last ten years who contributed to our decline, he’d be in the bottom 5%. The hate he gets is weird as £#%&! but then again so was the hate Rooney got so hopefully in ten years everyone will revise their stance and say they thought he was great all along.
That’s the problem

You must love Phil Jones

Unread 24-01-2023, 10:17 AM
Bunker Buster

You don't get legendary status because you've played loads of games ..

Especially for a goalkeeper...... Remember he was a mistimed fax away from leaving ...

There's no doubt he has cost us loads of points, he's also made some amazing saves, but he lost us a European cup final...

He's a mess.

Unread 24-01-2023, 10:25 AM
Denis Irwell

Video: in a nutshell shows the point I made yesterday. He catches that, lies on the floor, wastes a precious minute, then has all the time in the world to make a decent pass out… or, shock! Horror! actually launches a quick long ball,out to Rashford or whoever. Nah, here y’are lads, have another go and see if you can snatch a winner

His saves make up for his gaffes. Then there’s all the stuff in between. Way below average in the final reckoning.
Closed Thread