United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-07-2009, 11:05 AM
berba

Default £100m question

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...._100m_question

what world is he living in?

its like saying, a company has made profits with the investment of previous owners and hence the current owners should not profit from it.

Unread 16-07-2009, 11:09 AM
believe

Quick question. Why would Sean Bones want a reduction in ST prices? #@&%!

Unread 16-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Quick question. Why would Sean Bones want a reduction in ST prices? #@&%!

I assume he cares about the fans in general rather than just himself.

Don't agree with him though, should be spent on the team or used to reduce the debt.

Unread 16-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Johnaldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by berba
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...._100m_question

what world is he living in?

its like saying, a company has made profits with the investment of previous owners and hence the current owners should not profit from it.
I infer from this you are happy we took Football Club off the badge.

Unread 16-07-2009, 11:22 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
I assume he cares about the fans in general rather than just himself.

Don't agree with him though, should be spent on the team or used to reduce the debt.
please

Unread 16-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Withers

Quote:
please
What?

Unread 16-07-2009, 11:24 AM
believe

Quote:
What?
Sean Bones care about the fans? Unless you are Sean Bones and can tell me different.

Unread 16-07-2009, 11:30 AM
Withers

Quote:
Sean Bones care about the fans? Unless you are Sean Bones and can tell me different.
Ok, why do you think he asked for a reduction in season ticket prices?

I don't know the bloke, I guessed at why he may say it.

Unread 16-07-2009, 11:32 AM
berba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnaldo
I infer from this you are happy we took Football Club off the badge.
why would i be happy?

do you think it is realistic to say you are not entitled to a profit because a previous ownership invested in it?

Unread 16-07-2009, 11:34 AM
believe

Quote:
Ok, why do you think he asked for a reduction in season ticket prices?

I don't know the bloke, I guessed at why he may say it.
I understand that as a spokesman for IMUSA (:£#%&!er he is just trying to say the right thing. But why was it him who said we should all give our tickets up only to return to OT the following season. Why is it him that has to say everrything and anything about any issue involved with United. The blokes an attention seeking @#%&!. He's worse than £#%&!ing Tufty for hanging around the forecourt at OT in hope there's a camera about.

Unread 16-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by berba
why would i be happy?

do you think it is realistic to say you are not entitled to a profit because a previous ownership invested in it?
i have to say its a ridiculous suggestion by Bones re the Ronaldo money

like it or lump it, debt financed or not, they bought the club and all its assets

Unread 16-07-2009, 11:43 AM
Withers

Quote:
I understand that as a spokesman for IMUSA (:£#%&!er he is just trying to say the right thing. But why was it him who said we should all give our tickets up only to return to OT the following season. Why is it him that has to say everrything and anything about any issue involved with United. The blokes an attention seeking @#%&!. He's worse than £#%&!ing Tufty for hanging around the forecourt at OT in hope there's a camera about.
Did he really carry on going? I heard that was a rumour.

He's never sturck me as much more than harmless, even if he didn't really appear cut out for a fans leader role.

Unread 16-07-2009, 12:59 PM
In 76 now this is true

whilst Sean Bones attended Old Trafford, he was never one to be seen at away games.
He stopped going in 2005, yet seems to think he is the voice of the matchgoing fan. (although probably one of these public statment boycotters, who you see at the big home games and Euro cup finals, despite telling everyone they wont go while the Glazers are there).
How often do you hear him come out and speak when Utd win a cup etc? If he does, there is always a "but" to his words. If you need a story slagging off United, he will be first there.
When the Glazer protests went on, he was always happy to stand in front of the camera, but didnt get involved in any of the marches, demos etc.
Why is he advocating an expansion of Old Trafford, seems a bit strange, surely that will see money going out?

Unread 16-07-2009, 01:07 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by In 76 now this is true
whilst Sean Bones attended Old Trafford, he was never one to be seen at away games.
He stopped going in 2005, yet seems to think he is the voice of the matchgoing fan. (although probably one of these public statment boycotters, who you see at the big home games and Euro cup finals, despite telling everyone they wont go while the Glazers are there).
How often do you hear him come out and speak when Utd win a cup etc? If he does, there is always a "but" to his words. If you need a story slagging off United, he will be first there.
When the Glazer protests went on, he was always happy to stand in front of the camera, but didnt get involved in any of the marches, demos etc.
Why is he advocating an expansion of Old Trafford, seems a bit strange, surely that will see money going out?
I hope you die soon

Unread 16-07-2009, 01:09 PM
In 76 now this is true

were you in the debating society at school?

Unread 16-07-2009, 03:51 PM
no fun

when I saw the thread title I thought it was the old wee man/springsteen song conundrum

Unread 16-07-2009, 05:44 PM
In 76 now this is true

so whats a realistic admission price then?

Unread 16-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by In 76 now this is true
so whats a realistic admission price then?
One that your long term support, the people who made the club what it is today, can afford.

Unread 16-07-2009, 06:07 PM
believe

Quote:
One that your long term support, the people who made the club what it is today, can afford.
but you know as well as me that that is never going to happen. as long as our support includes the likes of #@&%!s like tufty, promoting "don't eat a pie at half time day" united fans will always get the rough end of the stick with prices, home and away.

Unread 16-07-2009, 06:39 PM
In 76 now this is true

Quote:
promoting "don't eat a pie at half time day" united fans will always get the rough end of the stick with prices, home and away.
Today 06:01 PM
which showed that the main majority of match going fans dont have any concern over what they pay or what they get expolited on.

Quote:
But thats not something Utd can do alone, its something that all of football has to do together.
Not all aspects of support, even in the early years could afford to go to watch United. Attedning games is not a basic human need, its always been a luxury item for those that can afford it, even in the so called working mans days.
The main difference in them days was choice and freedom of choice, the worlds developed a lot more since then.
Closed Thread