United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-12-2018, 09:01 PM
Hands of Scone

Laugh it up #@&%!head, but you can’t even address it let alone argue against it. “Meta, har de hur”. All the while continuing to prve me right.

I don’t assume the leftist motivations they (you) tell you what they are - equality, diversity, reducing ‘hate’ etc I just call them for what they are, %@#$&!s. You on the other hand do exactly that with zero evidence but your own ideological assumptions. What evidence is there it’s racially motivated? Absolutely £#%&!ing none. Just Raheem tweeting front pages and you uncritically jumping on it like he’s done some research into the media like a footballling chomsky. You are the one able, apparently, to see into other people’s minds to decide on their motivations and you’ve decided its racism despite there being not one single racist idea or word in the article. This is of course ‘dog whistle’ stuff. What a sensitive ear you have to hear this secret cry only racists can discern. More utter shite. No evidence? Just say it’s got an undercurrent or something. Shit like this is more divisive than the imaginary racism you claim.

You seem to be beginning to accept there is nothing to this latest twitter storm by sliding into ‘classism’ as if all footballers aren’t working class. Give it up. You know nothing and you’re shite at arguing.

Unread 09-12-2018, 09:06 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Grievance politics and meta

You spend most of the time going on about "the left" and assuming motives of "the left". I don't know much of your previous incarnation but I take you went through a state of transformation. It might shock you I am not as fervent a left wing idealogue I once was. Probably for similar reasons to you but not to the full extent as you.

As for Sterling, if it's not a outright racist issue, you might consider it being a classist issue interjected with racial undertones? Young boy from Jamaica who came to live in a rough estate in Wembley with a single mother goes on to become extremely rich and successful. Some of our national media (you know which ones) have long had issues with the troubles of the working class and in Sterling's example he ticks all boxes.

https://mobile.twitter.com/danielsto...289025?lang=en

For what it is worth, initially I brushed it off as the Liverpool faction of the media going after him but it's gone on for so long for such £#%&!ing stupid reasons you have to ask why. I mean...he's not even that good a player to feature for footballing reasons.
All very true but why has Harry Kane married his sister?

Unread 09-12-2018, 09:07 PM
Buck

Unread 09-12-2018, 09:07 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Schmuck

Unread 09-12-2018, 09:09 PM
Buck

So much bitterness and resentment!

Unread 09-12-2018, 09:10 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
Schmuck
?
I thought it was Jennifer Lawrence?

[SIZE="1"]BITE you £#%&!er

Unread 09-12-2018, 09:14 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
So much bitterness and resentment!
“I know you are but what am I?” The jibes of an infant.

Unread 09-12-2018, 09:17 PM
Buck

Quote:
“I know you are but what am I?” The jibes of an infant.
It is no good holding so much anger. Trying to play contrarian all the time. Good day Sir.

Unread 09-12-2018, 09:21 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
It is no good holding so much anger. Trying to play contrarian all the time. Good day Sir.
“I claim you’re angry therefore I win”. Are you really sinking to these depths?

btw it’s not contrarian to point out why you’re talking mince.

Unread 09-12-2018, 09:23 PM
Buck

Quote:
“I claim you’re angry therefore I win”. Are you really sinking to these depths?

Unread 09-12-2018, 09:25 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Well done, you did. First thing you’ve got right today.

Unread 09-12-2018, 09:31 PM
Cream

Quote:

One final thought: if there were some racial element to the 'unfair' treatment of Sterling, we're not seriously arguing it's intentional?

Were it not intentional, we would be dealing with prejudice, or unconscious racism, which is quite forgivable. Not to mention impossible to eradicate.

Solution? Move to a predominantly black country. Which of course Sterling can well afford to do. Maybe retire in Jamaica mon.

Unread 09-12-2018, 09:37 PM
S/Side.Red

Fair play to him. Remember in the summer when The Sun opened an article with "London's murder rate continues to soar this week, as Sterling unveiled his tattoo" He did well to keep quiet this long tbh.

Unread 09-12-2018, 09:40 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Fair play to him. Remember in the summer when The Sun opened an article with "London's murder rate continues to soar this week, as Sterling unveiled his tattoo" He did well to keep quiet this long tbh.
If there’s one thing that’s sure to make the press leave you alone it’s surely whining about how much it bothers you on social media

Unread 09-12-2018, 09:52 PM
armchair

Have to say, I have a lot of respect for the guy. He missed so many chances but still kept on trying to get on the end of things. Never shirked.

Unread 09-12-2018, 09:55 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Have to say, I have a lot of respect for the guy. He missed so many chances but still kept on trying to get on the end of things. Never shirked.
He did hit her eventually

Unread 09-12-2018, 10:05 PM
armchair

Quote:
He did hit her eventually
expect people to go for the "get on the end of things" homophobic stuff...so i think we're making progress.

he's not the most talented finisher but he keeps on putting himself in those positions. most people would hide.

he's spot on about how the media treat a white kid buying a house versus a black kid.

Unread 09-12-2018, 10:07 PM
utd99

“Lads, these crime numbers have just come out but we’d really like to pair up the story with a black man doing something stupid. Anyone got anything? Anyone?”

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
he's not the most talented finisher but he keeps on putting himself in those positions. most people would hide.
His work rate and positioning are his biggest virtues by a mile. If he were a reliable finisher Chelsea would have been chasing the game after 15 minutes.

Unread 09-12-2018, 10:12 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99

His work rate and positioning are his biggest virtues by a mile. If he were a reliable finisher Chelsea would have been chasing the game after 15 minutes.
Very true

And in last years derby we would have been 5 down at HT rather than 2

Unread 09-12-2018, 10:24 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
If there’s one thing that’s sure to make the press leave you alone it’s surely whining about how much it bothers you on social media
Don't think them leaving him alone is the priority. Just wants to give them some back.
Closed Thread