United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 26-04-2023, 10:01 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Correct.

It’s a shit scenario, and I think every United fan would prefer they were gone completely. But if it’s the only scenario they’re going to agree to, we have to reluctantly take it imo.
Would you take Qatar over Jim at this stage?

Unread 26-04-2023, 10:05 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I feared this is what could happen.

Unread 26-04-2023, 10:21 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Would you take Qatar over Jim at this stage?
If this is accurate and it’s Jim’s only offer, then I think so yes. But the article itself says he’s also going to offer to buy out the Glazers completely, so seems a bit confused.

My order of preference would go something like

Jim Total Buy Out
Qatar Total Buy Out
Jim Controlling Stake
Literally Anything Else
Minority Investment

Unread 26-04-2023, 10:47 PM
moransbleedinghead

Any sort of deal that keeps the gimps involved will be a catastrophe for the club, Jim can get £#%&!ed if this is the best that he can do.

Unread 26-04-2023, 10:49 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by moransbleedinghead
Any sort of deal that keeps the gimps involved will be a catastrophe for the club, Jim can get £#%&!ed if this is the best that he can do.
i see it as unlikely

how would it work… if the glazers own 70% would they just be buying the other four siblings out at 51% and Joel and Avram would get nowt? would they take that risk?

Unread 26-04-2023, 11:08 PM
Pearl Jam

So, Jim the Saviour turns out to be in with the rats all along…anything less than those knuckle dragging pond life @#%&!s being out of this club is £#%&!ing unacceptable

Unread 26-04-2023, 11:30 PM
dunk

Unread 27-04-2023, 04:11 AM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moransbleedinghead
Ditto.

He can't compete with what Qatar has to offer, so he's throwing those to cockroaches Avram & Joel a lifeline to stay.

Unread 27-04-2023, 09:32 AM
dinger

£#%&! Ratcliffe the chelsea bastard

Unread 27-04-2023, 10:12 AM
Stickman

Jim can get to £#%&!.

Unread 27-04-2023, 10:25 AM
puressence

its life jim but not as we know it

Unread 27-04-2023, 11:19 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
its Debt jim but not as we know it
Corrected

Unread 27-04-2023, 11:53 AM
Ethers

Unread 27-04-2023, 01:16 PM
Dr Stranger

For weeks, the consensus seemed to be that is this was posturing to get the highest price, but at what point do we start to worry that they might actually be £#%&!ing well staying.

Like most, I’m not thrilled about the Qatari ownership, but there’s a massive part of me that just wants this over, done and them leaving in the simplest, swiftest and most complete way.

Unread 27-04-2023, 01:25 PM
the heathen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
For weeks, the consensus seemed to be that is this was posturing to get the highest price, but at what point do we start to worry that they might actually be £#%&!ing well staying.

Like most, I’m not thrilled about the Qatari ownership, but there’s a massive part of me that just wants this over, done and them leaving in the simplest, swiftest and most complete way.
I doubt there'll be anything simple and swift about a Qatari takeover.

Unread 28-04-2023, 07:37 AM
magic_cantona

Today's the day then

Unread 28-04-2023, 08:55 AM
Lodestar

Little Jim talked a big game about restoring the club and looking out for the fans. What a £#%&!ing sellout!

Unread 28-04-2023, 09:16 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
Little Jim talked a big game about restoring the club and looking out for the fans. What a £#%&!ing sellout!
He's a businessman, nothing more. He's looking out for himself and his shareholders. Glad the penny is dropping for some now.

Unread 28-04-2023, 09:34 AM
MUFC One Love

It will be the Qataris, and city won't like it.

We will be able to do what they've done on a bigger scale and within the FFP rules.

Obviously the 2 Glazers staying chat was nonsense, won't happen.

Unread 28-04-2023, 10:31 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
It will be the Qataris, and city won't like it.

We will be able to do what they've done on a bigger scale and within the FFP rules.

Obviously the 2 Glazers staying chat was nonsense, won't happen.
Only game in town for me. Paper talk that Qatari have been outbid is bs. But the whole thing needs to accelerate now. The Glazers are drawing it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
He's a businessman, nothing more. He's looking out for himself and his shareholders. Glad the penny is dropping for some now.
Never did fancy Jim. The scale of investment needed is beyond them and he'd be prepared to deal with hedge funds.