United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 15-06-2023, 05:36 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Trending on Twitter too (not that that means much). I'd expect an official press release tomorrow by United if true.

Unread 15-06-2023, 05:40 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
Trending on Twitter too (not that that means much). I'd expect an official press release tomorrow by United if true.
Looks to me no more than the glazers trying to flash their knickers at worzel again.

Unread 15-06-2023, 05:44 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
Think I’ll stick to Reuters rather than wait for someone on twitter to pretend they know better.

At least it looks like they are forcing the owners hand, having made an improved offer and now pushing for exclusivity.

Unread 15-06-2023, 05:51 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I love the Griswalds

Unread 15-06-2023, 06:09 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
It’s happening in this country, 5th richest economy in the world and pensioners can’t turn a fire on. No one gives a £#%&! here unless it’s someone buying United?

£#%&! the Abu @#%&!s

Unread 15-06-2023, 06:21 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
If the Qatari's do win watch Ratcliffe go off and buy a club he can actually afford, in the championship.
He will just watch Chelsea and continue to run Nice like the footballers wives owner.

Unread 15-06-2023, 06:26 PM
tatty

Quote:

Not being funny but if the state of that tall building towards the left is anything to go by I'm not surprised the construction workers haven't been paid.

Unread 15-06-2023, 07:08 PM
MUFC One Love

On twitter I'm finding it hard to understand this thing that United being state owned is bad for English football. So city doing it is fine then? On top of that England's biggest club has been rinsed for 18 years.

Unread 15-06-2023, 07:09 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
On twitter I'm finding it hard to understand this thing that United being state owned is bad for English football. So city doing it is fine then? On top of that England's biggest club has been rinsed for 18 years.
The piss boiling rage will be incredible.

Unread 15-06-2023, 07:10 PM
madhattricks

Quote:
Personally all of the state owned clubs are bad for the game. But no one is putting that genie back in the bottle. Trying dig out United alone for this is absolutely ridiculous.

Unread 15-06-2023, 07:15 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Because United are, and always will be, held to a higher standard than everyone else.

The Glazers being in charge of manchester united was great for the rest of english football because not only did it financially hamstring us during the latter years of Ferguson's time in charge, it also ensured that when Ferguson retired the reigns of power in the club were handed over to a load of corporate idiots who had no idea what they were doing.

The idea that someone might come in and make winning football matches and making Manchester United the no1 club in the world their entire priority and ruthlessly seeing about it naturally fills them all with dread.

Unread 15-06-2023, 07:30 PM
Ethers

Do people really think it’s because people don’t want to see United winning things?

Nobody was that arsed when City were taken over because they’re a tinpot club, and nobody was really sure how it would play out. Of course it’s a different matter when it happens to a club with the legacy and stature of Manchester United.

And I highly doubt anyone saying it will be bad for the wider game also hasn’t had a pop at city about what they’ve done

Unread 15-06-2023, 07:30 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Some United fans love being shit. Top red points through the roof if you cheer dross like Berbatov and we're crap.

There is one cuck on twitter saying its bad for English football because United are in a different league to the likes of city, newcastle etc. He's a united fan.

Unread 15-06-2023, 07:35 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Do people really think it’s because people don’t want to see United winning things?

Nobody was that arsed when City were taken over because they’re a tinpot club, and nobody was really sure how it would play out. Of course it’s a different matter when it happens to a club with the legacy and stature of Manchester United.

And I highly doubt anyone saying it will be bad for the wider game also hasn’t had a pop at city about what they’ve done
As i've said before If they didn't care enough to complain when United were taken over and £#%&!ed by the Glazers then they should keep their opinions to themselves now.

Unread 15-06-2023, 07:44 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
As i've said before If they didn't care enough to complain when United were taken over and £#%&!ed by the Glazers then they should keep their opinions to themselves now.
I find the idea of being owned by a nation state vile but how can anyone have a pop at United fans when more than any other fanbase we've called for increased safeguards about who should be allowed to own clubs? 19 years after a leveraged takeover was being proposed for the biggest club in the land they got around to banning them, no doubt with some sort of loophole.

The Premier League don't give two shits who owns the clubs and even went to bat for the Saudis so they could buy a club. Society or certainly the political class largely doesn't seem to care who owns national institutions so why would an organisation that is basically made up of a load of rich foreigners care?

Unread 15-06-2023, 08:01 PM
Finport Red

I don’t find the idea of being owned by Sheik Jassim vile at all. To be honest, there are few potential owners on the planet who I could label as that, when compared to the glazers.

The Qataris owning United would not be in any way comparable to city, psg or Newcastle. We were right up there with Madrid when the parasites came to town. We are one of the most successful teams and recognised names in world football. Nobody ever said that about those three. Most people had no idea who any of them were.

There’s an opportunity here for a wrong to be righted. For United to be put back to where they should be in the hierarchy of world football.

If that happens, and it puts the likes of Liverpool, arsenal and the British media’s noses out of joint in the process, then they will make a lovely collection of cherries on a hugely satisfying and sweet layer of icing on the nicest cake ever.

Unread 15-06-2023, 08:09 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
sweet layer of icing on the nicest cake ever.
Torteology..

Unread 15-06-2023, 08:13 PM
pedr0

Quote:

Exactly. literally the only people ive seen changing their position on state ownership of football clubs are certain united fans..

Unread 15-06-2023, 08:25 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
It’s happening in this country, 5th richest economy in the world and pensioners can’t turn a fire on. No one gives a £#%&! here unless it’s someone buying United?

£#%&! the Abu @#%&!s
Well there is a fairly big difference pal. You know that voting democracy thingy…Not our fault that a sizeable proportion of the UK electorate have no discernible morals.

Unread 15-06-2023, 08:25 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
Exactly. literally the only people ive seen changing their position on state ownership of football clubs are certain united fans..
Genuinely don’t understand how people who say City’s treble doesn’t count, and talk about asterisks and 115 etc, can also welcome Qatar with open arms. There’s no logical argument for it anyway. If you just want United to win at any cost then fair enough.