United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-10-2019, 09:13 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
he changes his mind like the weather. I bet he is a nightmare when choosing from the menu.
Doesn't he just order everything ?

Unread 04-10-2019, 09:15 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
he changes his mind like the weather. I bet he is a nightmare when choosing from the menu.
"what would sir like?"

Unread 04-10-2019, 09:24 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
Gomes, Chong should go out on loan for a couple of years. Maybe they could do a Mason Mount/Abraham...

As it stands though only Greenwood looks like he has the ability to be a top four Premier league starter but other factors have to come in to play..

Garner looks promising too

Some fans talking like we have another Class of 92

Beckham, Scholes, Giggs were world class. Gary Neville, and Nicky Butt were dead certs for the first team. Cant really compare.
Who are the people talking about these being another Co92?

Can’t be on here because although there’s a few (me included) who think they’re promising I don’t think I’ve seen this group being compared to Co92 once.

Unread 04-10-2019, 09:36 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
Gomes, Chong should go out on loan for a couple of years. Maybe they could do a Mason Mount/Abraham...

As it stands though only Greenwood looks like he has the ability to be a top four Premier league starter but other factors have to come in to play..

Garner looks promising too

Some fans talking like we have another Class of 92

Beckham, Scholes, Giggs were world class. Gary Neville, and Nicky Butt were dead certs for the first team. Cant really compare.
What you can't really compare is those players came into a side that had Schmeichel, Bruce, Pallister, Irwin, Keane, Cantona and Cole
A winning team with a clear identity

These young players are coming into a team with some of the worst senior pros I've seen at a top club in a shamble of a setup that has absolutely no identity

Very very hard to show your talent in those circumstances
Personally think Greenwood, Gomes, Garner and Axel will definitely be regular first team players for Utd in future but aside from Axel they're all still a little callow physically

Unread 04-10-2019, 09:38 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Doesn't he just order everything ?
if someone else is paying no doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
"what would sir like?"

he still getting through his free costa coffees

Unread 04-10-2019, 10:03 AM
puressence

Quote:
You were convinced we were going to win the league. Make your mind up.
i am

Quote:
if someone else is paying no doubt

he still getting through his free costa coffees
£#%&! me fatty arbuckle suddenly grown a set

Unread 04-10-2019, 10:10 AM
waynes ear's

Unread 04-10-2019, 10:44 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
i am

£#%&! me fatty arbuckle suddenly grown a set
Stop using my jokes

Here’s an offer for you

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...-taco-17027296

Unread 04-10-2019, 10:53 AM
puressence

Quote:
Stop using my jokes

Here’s an offer for you

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...-taco-17027296
when your gonna text me and apologise thats usually what happens next

Unread 04-10-2019, 10:56 AM
Seamus

I know how sensitive you are

Unread 04-10-2019, 11:17 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
What you can't really compare is those players came into a side that had Schmeichel, Bruce, Pallister, Irwin, Keane, Cantona and Cole
A winning team with a clear identity

These young players are coming into a team with some of the worst senior pros I've seen at a top club in a shamble of a setup that has absolutely no identity

Very very hard to show your talent in those circumstances
Personally think Greenwood, Gomes, Garner and Axel will definitely be regular first team players for Utd in future but aside from Axel they're all still a little callow physically
All of that is 100% spot on. We also need to consider the fact that the league has been totally transformed. In 1995-1996 the reigning champions were £#%&!ing Blackburn. United were able to rebuild quickly because most teams in the league were shite.

It was a funny couple of years -- Newcastle were good on their day, Liverpool nothing special, Arsenal were a couple of years off Wenger's 1st championship winners.

The standard is *much* higher now

Unread 04-10-2019, 11:55 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
All of that is 100% spot on. We also need to consider the fact that the league has been totally transformed. In 1995-1996 the reigning champions were £#%&!ing Blackburn. United were able to rebuild quickly because most teams in the league were shite.

It was a funny couple of years -- Newcastle were good on their day, Liverpool nothing special, Arsenal were a couple of years off Wenger's 1st championship winners.

The standard is *much* higher now
And the reason why you can't just 'trust the kids' and think you're going to be able to compete with Liverpool and Man City. Especially when our kids aren't a patch on what is coming through at the likes of Chelsea, City...

People saying it's going to take a few windows to catch up with them - even IF we catch up to where they are now, they are still going to be miles ahead us when we get there.

Unread 04-10-2019, 12:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
And the reason why you can't just 'trust the kids' and think you're going to be able to compete with Liverpool and Man City. Especially when our kids aren't a patch on what is coming through at the likes of Chelsea, City...

People saying it's going to take a few windows to catch up with them - even IF we catch up to where they are now, they are still going to be miles ahead us when we get there.
Not necessarily. Doesn't take long to implode.

We need to look at ourselves and whether we're improving/moving in the right direction, if we're looking at others and chasing we'll end up following the cycle of the last 6 years.

Unread 04-10-2019, 12:22 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

We need to look at ourselves and whether we're improving/moving in the right direction, if we're looking at others and chasing we'll end up following the cycle of the last 6 years.
You mean getting frustrated with the manager and calling for his head because they 'can't coach the players properly', get the best out of the squad and the football isn't pleasing on the eye?

Thankfully that's a cycle we've broken now...

Unread 04-10-2019, 12:24 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

I agree, but we’re not though; at least not on a game by game basis - something you can actually see. The natives are getting restless, you can feel it already. Madness. The new United.

Unread 04-10-2019, 03:07 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
garner, greenwood, tuanzers.... oh, and timmeh.... no worries. williams looks good, too. gomes would be magnificent if we were playing subbuteo. and chong is just shit. I will not trust ole whilst he keeps playing chong.

I would rather Chong play than Matic for instance. The older players attitudes have been disgraceful.

Unread 04-10-2019, 03:13 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
I would rather Chong play than Matic for instance. The older players attitudes have been disgraceful.
Chong and Matic are completely differently players you whopper. May as well stick Chong in goal too while you're at it...

Unread 04-10-2019, 03:29 PM
jem

Quote:
I suspect no one will be surprised if I disagree with this.

Unread 04-10-2019, 03:32 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Chong and Matic are completely differently players you whopper. May as well stick Chong in goal too while you're at it...
I was just making a point you massive wetter.

Unread 04-10-2019, 03:43 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
I was just making a point you massive wetter.
A pretty stupid one. Well done.
Closed Thread