Unread 31-05-2016, 09:31 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Blind is an absolute class actl.
Settle down

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:42 AM
92ToBury

These two going before Fellaini and Young? £#%&!ing hell.

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:42 AM
dunk

I wouldn't have thought he'd sell Blind tbh, he's a smart, versatile player, great to have in the squad. Don't reckon he's the sort to become a mainstay in a Mourinho side though.

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:43 AM
Marlon Van Baron

Not arsed if either Mata or Blind go. Both have zero pace and no physical presence which we all know Jose loves.

Blind has not let the club down in his two years but he is not good enough for me at centre back. He is worse as a midfielder and slows down the play, recoup the money spent and add that to the incoming warchest and move on.

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:44 AM
Baron

If he didn't build his attack around Mata at Chelsea when he was back to back player of the year for them he'll not do it here. & he won't shoehorn him in at right wing, because he's not a complete £#%&!ing moron.

Shame, I like the lad, should only be at 10 though, end of.

Blind makes no sense, a player more than capable of covering three positions on the pitch is a huge asset - especially if he's more squad player than starter. He's a bit slow, but he's got the brains to make it work wherever he plays.

Amazing how this is now all verbatim compared to the "it's the press " of the last few months though

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:46 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Lets be honest Mata is no loss at all and Blind will probably always be a really good squad player in a side challenging for the biggest trophies
Very harsh on Mata. He's one of our few goal threats and his record is far from shabby. I think he should be kept on as a squad player, great option to have.

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:52 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Very harsh on Mata. He's one of our few goal threats and his record is far from shabby. I think he should be kept on as a squad player, great option to have.
£200k a week squad player with 2(?) years left on his contract, still at the sort of age that would command a decent-ish fee?

Nah.

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:52 AM
denis lawless

We're stuck with Fellaini because no manager who still has his marbles is going to pay money to buy the lanky streak of lump.

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:53 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Mata will still bring in a decent fee and will hardly play.
Sell him for £20m+ and bring in a younger, quicker replacement.

No chance I would sell Blind, he can cover a number of positions. Wouldnt be in my starting 11 but great to have on the bench

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:54 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Either would be great for us if they were played in their right positions.
I do wonder how often Mata has actually played in his supposed "right position" tbh. Spent his time in Spain playing wide and has done so for his last six months at Chelsea and generally in his spell here. That's plenty of managers seeing him out there.

Rooney likely to start the season as the no10 you'd imagine.

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:55 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
We're stuck with Fellaini because no manager who still has his marbles is going to pay money to buy the lanky streak of lump.
Last year of his deal. He'll either be given a new one this summer or binned off for about £8m.

Reckon Jose might just keep him. Loves a long ball option.

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:55 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Settle down
Genuinely don't know how people can not rate Blind after this season, tbh.

Like I say, let's see where he goes.

Unread 31-05-2016, 10:00 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Last year of his deal. He'll either be given a new one this summer or binned off for about £8m.

Reckon Jose might just keep him. Loves a long ball option.
Hope he scores a wonder goal (. yeah i knew as soon as I typed it) at the championships and some dumb £#%&! of a club gets sucked in.

Unread 31-05-2016, 10:05 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
Not arsed if either Mata or Blind go. Both have zero pace and no physical presence which we all know Jose loves.

Blind has not let the club down in his two years but he is not good enough for me at centre back. He is worse as a midfielder and slows down the play, recoup the money spent and add that to the incoming warchest and move on.
Blind slows down play......

Please try and watch united a bit more if you can mate...

He dictates play, whether that is the pace, the width or a break out from the back...he goes up and down the gears with ease...he also can pick out a pass (see assists here) has an eye for a goal now and then and had played well on the wing and overlap...
A complete footballer lacking only a bit of fire in the tackle..

Unread 31-05-2016, 10:06 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
£200k a week squad player with 2(?) years left on his contract, still at the sort of age that would command a decent-ish fee?

Nah.
When you put it like that....

Unread 31-05-2016, 10:07 AM
Sufferin Succotash

Barney from Red News saying that Fellaini will be sold. Jose won't renew his contract and the oaf only has one year left.

Unread 31-05-2016, 10:08 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Genuinely don't know how people can not rate Blind after this season, tbh.

Like I say, let's see where he goes.
I wouldn't go as far as to say I don't rate him, but absolute class act?

For what it's worth I'd keep him on as he covers a few positions and is dependable but I won't flinch if he goes, he certainly won't move up from United in a starting capacity elsewhere.

Unread 31-05-2016, 10:08 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Please try and watch united a bit more if you can mate...

Unread 31-05-2016, 10:14 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I wouldn't go as far as to say I don't rate him, but absolute class act?

For what it's worth I'd keep him on as he covers a few positions and is dependable but I won't flinch if he goes, he certainly won't move up from United in a starting capacity elsewhere.
I don't think that's certain at all. We shall see, but Barca have liked him for years.

Unread 31-05-2016, 10:17 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
Hit the road tom thumb

Poor wee Daley.
Closed Thread