Unread 31-05-2016, 08:19 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser

False 6 ffs.

Not my words...

From Ajax related academy publications;

Quote:
Fast-forward to the end of the 2012-2013 season. The young left back lifts the Eredivisie title trophy in front of a packed crowd at the square in front of the Amsterdam ArenA. It has been a great season for him. After hitting form halfway through the season before, Daley Blind has just been crowned Ajax' Player of the Season, beating ever-consistent captain Siem de Jong and influential Christian Eriksen.

Another six months later, there's no doubting Blind's influence on the way Ajax play. Frank de Boer has moved him back to the midfield position he played in the youth teams, and the way Daley fulfils the "number 6 role" is reminiscent of Ajax teams of old. Think modernised Frank Rijkaard, think of the undervalued importance of Sergio Busquets to the way FC Barcelona play.

Blind has all the organizational and defensive attributes of a classic "number 6" – the player that plays in front of the back four in a 4-3-3 formation – but with the added mobility that the modern game demands, Ajax label prolific ball players from youth as a False 6. Daley is the cornerstone of Ajax' defensive setup; his great positional sense enabling the Godenzonen's high press as well as their 4-1-4-1 shape when the opponent manages to play past their aggressive pressing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
Bunks just said false 6 and I'm not sure he's joking.

Football is dead.

Not me pal Ajax academy and their youth set up.....

Unread 31-05-2016, 08:19 AM
Tronics

Would be gutted to see Blind leave

Unread 31-05-2016, 08:22 AM
itisme_panaflex

Sorry to see Blind go. but understandable that he won't have a place in mourinho's side.

Mata I'm happy to see go.

I bet he keeps fellaini.

Unread 31-05-2016, 08:23 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
Sorry to see Blind go. but understandable that he won't have a place in mourinho's side.

Mata I'm happy to see go.

I bet he keeps fellaini.
This.

Unread 31-05-2016, 08:35 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
obvs hates mata, but the rationale for blind is ridiculous (he doesn't look like a centre back because he £#%&!ing isn't one).

this picture..... sweet jesus.

"...and there's your squad......"

Unread 31-05-2016, 08:39 AM
dunk

Unread 31-05-2016, 08:45 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Mourinho in, but he gets rid of Mata.....
...but.....but.....

Unread 31-05-2016, 08:47 AM
Ethers

I'm absolutely fuming.

Unread 31-05-2016, 08:49 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Mourinho in, but he gets rid of Mata.....
...but.....but.....

That was a sarcastic

Of course he gets rid of Mata, he's already done it once and Mata is a worse player now than he was then. And of course he gets rid of Blind, Mourinho's defences and midfields are built on a foundation of massive athletes as a rule, Blind is neither.

New contract for big Felli in the next few weeks...

Unread 31-05-2016, 08:50 AM
Ethers

Built on massive athletes but Fellaini and Schweinsteiger are sticking around, and they've just given Carrick a year extension

Unread 31-05-2016, 08:52 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Built on massive athletes but Fellaini and Schweinsteiger are sticking around, and they've just given Carrick a year extension
Massive athletes....

Unread 31-05-2016, 08:52 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
I'm absolutely fuming.
Cancelled my renewal based on this thread. Need to get bunks poll edited

Fuuuuuuuming

Unread 31-05-2016, 08:58 AM
ZiggyStardust

It seems to be an article based on assumptions

The assumption that Mourinho sold Mata when he took over at Chelsea and therefore will sell him again after taking over at Utd is probably a fairly safe guess but you have to find a buyer for him which might be difficult

The other assumption is that Mourinho likes CBs who are 6 foot plus and great athletes is also true but I'm not sure that means the end for Blind at all
Mourinho likes tactically switched on players who follow his orders to the letter
I can see Mourinho seeing Blind as a very useful squad player at least for his first season in charge but yeah I don't expect to see him much (if at all) at CB next season

Lets be honest Mata is no loss at all and Blind will probably always be a really good squad player in a side challenging for the biggest trophies

Unread 31-05-2016, 08:58 AM
dunk

Quote:
Fellaini is massive. Carrick the exception. Who knows what happens with Schweini. Point is Blind doesn't move quickly and isn't much of a presence. Can't see Mou wanting him in his line up in the defensive area of the pitch

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:04 AM
TheFatGoth

arsed

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:18 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
arsed
Either would be great for spurs, no, and the type of signing they should be going after?

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:21 AM
Cream

Quote:
“The manager was very happy afterwards, like everybody else. It is the first time I have heard that Jose Mourinho will take over.

“I just hope the manager stays.”

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:21 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
Either would be great for spurs, no, and the type of signing they should be going after?
Either would be great for us if they were played in their right positions.

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:23 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:24 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Hit the road tom thumb

Closed Thread