United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-06-2015, 09:00 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
The Premier League and Serie A are not really comparable.
I'm pretty sure they still play football over there.

Coracao has been slating Evra for years the boring bastard

Juve have used Evra perfectly. Rested him every few games, unlike the way we insisted on running him into the ground because we had no adequate replacement. As a result, he looks far from finished.

That said, still think the move was best for both parties. I don't think we missed him that much, as Blind was more than adequate when Shaw was out. And Paddy is having a couple of years in the sun winning trophies all over the shop.

Unread 06-06-2015, 09:04 AM
Coracao

Boring bastard for calling it as it is ?

Ok pal.

He was one of my favourite players fwiw. But I don't blindly defend players who aren't doing the business and are a liability . Hth.

Unread 06-06-2015, 09:15 AM
Ashley's Grime

Forza Paddy.

Unread 06-06-2015, 10:35 AM
puressence

Easily one of feries greatest buys an absolute unreal man and player easily top 5 fav utd player ...

Unread 06-06-2015, 10:38 AM
waynes ear's

Sky sports 5. All Juve. Paddy ❤

Unread 06-06-2015, 10:52 AM
Bunker Buster

Pure united.

Love the guy....

Unread 06-06-2015, 10:58 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Juve have used Evra perfectly. Rested him every few games, unlike the way we insisted on running him into the ground because we had no adequate replacement. As a result, he looks far from finished.

That said, still think the move was best for both parties. I don't think we missed him that much, as Blind was more than adequate when Shaw was out. And Paddy is having a couple of years in the sun winning trophies all over the shop.
^ covers it perfectly

forza Juve and Patrice esp.

Unread 06-06-2015, 11:16 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
The Premier League and Serie A are not really comparable. Very few sides in that league play with wingers for a start.

His performances were on the slide as far back as after the 2010 World Cup. He was getting slaughtered by utd fans for some of them Abd rightly so.

It was the right decision for all 3 to go for me. The only one I'd have considered keeping is Vidic .
Slaughtered by morons.

Unread 06-06-2015, 12:39 PM
Jack Duckworth

love him. his celebration at wigan away

Unread 06-06-2015, 12:44 PM
wiganste

Thumbs up

One of my all time favourite players. Absolutely adore Patrice. Really hope Juve win tonight, just because of him

Unread 06-06-2015, 12:45 PM
Denis Irwell

The amount of thrust and energy he gave us up that lw was unbelievable and still some cretins keep trotting out shite that he didn't defend as well as he should. He was played more lw than lb, which isn't surprising, as that was his original position. He was worth two players in his prime and was still decent in his last season. A lb, a lw, a captain and a great dressing room presence.

Unread 06-06-2015, 12:53 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
The amount of thrust .

Unread 06-06-2015, 12:55 PM
King Eric

Evra was a great player for us, but towards the end when he bombed forward, he didn't get back as quickly as in the past and got out of position and to me it was right to let him go. Juve also have Pogba, who was very average at best and chances are Cleverley would make in impact in Italy with their far lower standard of teams in Serie A.

Unread 06-06-2015, 12:56 PM
PeakyBlinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Eric
Evra was a great player for us, but towards the end when he bombed forward, he didn't get back as quickly as in the past and got out of position and to me it was right to let him go. Juve also have Pogba, who was very average at best and chances are Cleverley would make in impact in Italy with their far lower standard of teams in Serie A.

Did you not see him at the World Cup?

Unread 06-06-2015, 01:00 PM
King Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakyBlinder

Did you not see him at the World Cup?
Sorry mate, my wife started talking to me as I was posting and I missed out this .... I meant to say, when he was with us. I know he didn't play much, but when he did, he didn't look anything special.

Unread 06-06-2015, 01:16 PM
puressence

The whole package loved playing for the club the history he loved was like one of us playing for the team he adored like the co92 lads ... Could easily see him in k stand when he retires singing with the lads thats why i loved him that bayern munich celebration was as good as any goal ive seen scored by a utd player just a toptoptopman

Unread 06-06-2015, 01:37 PM
Pop

I liked his ocassional Doctor Hibbert laugh

Unread 06-06-2015, 02:05 PM
Swagger

Should have been here to help get Shaw up to standard.

Paddy playing in LVGs back 5 = pure leng

£#%&!ing Moyes.

Unread 06-06-2015, 02:22 PM
Semantic Lisp

Vidic was done, as shown by not just his sub-standard performances (and attitude) in his last season at United, but by the fact with injuries and poor form he's struggled to hold down a place even at mid-table Inter.

Along with Rooney and Giggs, Evra was one of the senior pro's who kept their integrity in the transition from Ferguson. Moyes certainly seemed to undermine Evra with talk of Baines when he took over, but Evra made no excuses and was a decent skipper under him before long. He signed a new contract at United after Moyes left iirc, but was drawn to Juve by fear of losing his place under LVG.

Ferdinand was desperate to stay but LVG didn't want him.

Unread 06-06-2015, 02:29 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Yup,

I had become a bit of a critic of his.

Am delighted to see him turn it round, would be made up for him if they win tonight.
Closed Thread