Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Zanetti
£#%&!ing love that man. Top top class

Unread 21-01-2015, 01:15 AM
Under Da Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Cafu was an incredible player, the most underrated player of his generation IMHO. Hard to think of a fullback more comfortable with the ball at his feet, had pace, could tackle. What's not to like?

Cafu vs Nedved - YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Zanetti
I can't remember 2 full backs so positionally aware, understanding of where they had to be on the pitch when defending was superb. Also they both had great ability on the ball to aid the attack as well.

Tough choice, but it would be either or on any given day for me.

Unread 21-01-2015, 01:18 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Under Da Influence
Well as you're a Utd fan, i, for one, am shocked by that.

Not.
Averaged 30 goals a season for us.

That said, I'd rather have both Ronaldos in a front three with Messi.

Unread 21-01-2015, 08:41 AM
Why Don?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
i had cafu in my team on my first shitty website i ever built. i'll see if i can dig it out...
Back end developer or creative front end type?

Unread 21-01-2015, 08:58 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don?
I would do stand for that, pal

Unread 21-01-2015, 09:29 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Averaged 30 goals a season for us.

That said, I'd rather have both Ronaldos in a front three with Messi.
Team of the last 15 years yes, but not based on CL performance. Love original Ronaldo but he did not do that much in the CL, never won the tournament, only scored 14 goals in it, Shevchenko, and Raul might be a better shout.

Giggs has to be in with a chance of this team, always upped his game in Europe, Utd's best ever in European competition for me.

Unread 21-01-2015, 09:44 AM
dinger

Raul in for inzaghi all day every day

Unread 21-01-2015, 10:56 AM
puressence

micky hazard on twitter legend ..tweet him about scholes gerrard and lampard ....the man just pisses himself that people try to make a defence for lamps and gerrard ...

Unread 21-01-2015, 11:07 AM
Cream

Quiz break

Incredible Inzaghi has 3 champions league hat tricks.

As does the great Monotone Michael Owen - if you count qualifying round matches.

But which Englishman holds the record for the fastest CL hat trick?

Unread 21-01-2015, 11:09 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Quiz break

Incredible Inzaghi has 3 champions league hat tricks.

As does the great Monotone Michael Owen - if you count qualifying round matches.

But which Englishman holds the record for the fastest CL hat trick?
Ooh, I know this. It's that Blackburn guy.

Unread 21-01-2015, 11:11 AM
n48

Ripley?

Unread 21-01-2015, 11:15 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Ooh, I know this. It's that Blackburn guy.
Correct. Mike Newell.

Did you know? Mike Newell went on to direct some harry potter film?

It pissses on the memory of the books - Northers

Unread 21-01-2015, 11:21 AM
The Watcher

Will always love Super Pipo for his great work in Athens, 2007. Was convinced those scouse @#%&!s were going to win another one in the days leading up to the final

A great man.

Unread 21-01-2015, 11:26 AM
barrington avenue

i remember Gattuso playing for Rangers i thought he was brilliant for them

Unread 21-01-2015, 11:43 AM
PeakyBlinder

No Zidane?

Odd.

Unread 21-01-2015, 01:45 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don?

was after the wc in s.korea and japan. my team of the tourney also had song chong-gug in it, still can't say his name to this day without thinking of this...

Unread 21-01-2015, 02:23 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Pirlo knows

That defence
inzaghi is an abomination. might as well pick john aldridge. pippo the diver can £#%&! right off.

Unread 21-01-2015, 02:48 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
inzaghi is an abomination. might as well pick john aldridge. pippo the diver can £#%&! right off.
If it's any consolation he's proving woefully inadequate as a manager. Worse record than Seedorf who they fecked off quick enough.

Unread 21-01-2015, 03:21 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Team of the last 15 years yes, but not based on CL performance. Love original Ronaldo but he did not do that much in the CL, never won the tournament, only scored 14 goals in it, Shevchenko, and Raul might be a better shout.

Giggs has to be in with a chance of this team, always upped his game in Europe, Utd's best ever in European competition for me.
In that case I'll stick with Ruud down the middle. 56 in 73 games, no striker from the last two decades gets near him; the only one to outscore him in that timeframe in terms of goals to game is Messi.

Unread 21-01-2015, 05:33 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Will always love Super Pipo for his great work in Athens, 2007. Was convinced those scouse @#%&!s were going to win another one in the days leading up to the final
So were they, going by that bus they had ready
Closed Thread