United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-05-2020, 11:35 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
A good builder would have bought better materials.
Nice edit.....

Unread 19-05-2020, 11:36 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Nice edit.....

I make the same point just more succinctly.

Unread 19-05-2020, 11:40 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
I make the same point just more succinctly.
You tried to call the best centre back in Europe average....

Dress it up as a shit metaphor...

We see. LVG4LYFE

Unread 19-05-2020, 11:45 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:

We see. LVG4LYFE
OK mate. I can't play with you when you play like this.

Unread 19-05-2020, 11:47 AM
Knockers

😍😍😍

The LVG era was the absolute worst time to go to the match but the best time to come on Fred. Emperor’s New Clothes AOTS. Sensational hot takes hither and yon. Total war.

Unread 19-05-2020, 11:49 AM
NedKelly

My main beef with the entire thing is the transition from LVG to Mourinho. It just shows a complete lack of direction in terms of footballing identity. It’s why we had such a drop off under Ole too; although our approach now is simpler than what LVG was trying to implement, it still takes time to adapt and grow confident playing in an unfamiliar system.

I’ll never deny that some of the football in that second season under LVG was painfully boring. What I will contest is this idea that we had no idea where we were going. The big difference for me between the early first season run of awful results, and the mid-second season bore bonanza, was that we looked pretty well drilled in the second season. The mistakes were always made because of our lack of confidence and the bang average players we had all over the pitch. In that first season we just looked like a bunch of headless chickens. I’m not saying that a third season would have produced a miraculous run of results, but I think with a couple of the right signings made (big ask as Woodward was hellbent on the big names coming in at the time), we could have been a top 3 team easily. I also think we should have been looking at a manager more in line with LvGs “philosophy”, instead of jumping from one style of football to the complete opposite style of football. Seriously, the football at the end of Mourinho’s tenure is definitely the worst I’ve seen us play; we looked like we hadn’t actually been coached at all. What was the game where we couldn’t even string a couple of passes together, think there was a vid made of it after with benny hill music. It was embarrassing.

Unread 19-05-2020, 11:54 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
😍😍😍

The LVG era was the absolute worst time to go to the match but the best time to come on Fred. Emperor’s New Clothes AOTS. Sensational hot takes hither and yon. Total war.
Tbh, apart from the ultimate highs like a league win or 2008, this place is at its box office best when the were struggling on the pitch.

I love this place.

Unread 19-05-2020, 11:59 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:

here fishy fishy!

Unread 19-05-2020, 12:02 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFCOK
Shows your lack of knowledge for the game. The forum Mike Bassett, have you heard of anything other than the 4-4-2 formation?

A lot of people watch football, unfortunately not a lot of people understand football.
I see Siders has a new log-in. A completely pointless statistic in due course will surely confirm.

Unread 19-05-2020, 12:12 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
The football under Van Gaal was the worst I have seen. Even shit teams must have loved coming to O.T.

Unread 19-05-2020, 12:21 PM
shenwen

His signings, much like his management tenure, followed a similar pattern in the main: initial excitement, the odd great moment, but ultimately disappointment.

Unread 19-05-2020, 01:17 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
His signings, much like his management tenure, followed a similar pattern in the main: initial excitement, the odd great moment, but ultimately disappointment.

Unread 19-05-2020, 01:37 PM
plopborsky

Quote:

We see. LVG4LYFE

Unread 19-05-2020, 01:54 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
that's what happens when you sack a manager part way through a rebuild. it's a process.
He had a year left; his choice. We were hardly going gangbusters Jack.

Unread 19-05-2020, 02:53 PM
Patty_b

I didn't want him sacked, but I didn't care less when he was. Always a short-term appointment, signings were mostly crap, some of the defeats inflicted were embarrassing and the football was utter shite.

I believe every word that's been attributed to him about Ed Woodward though.

Unread 20-05-2020, 04:27 AM
believe

90% of the games we played under van Gaal

Unread 20-05-2020, 01:13 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I didn't want him sacked, but I didn't care less when he was. Always a short-term appointment, signings were mostly crap, some of the defeats inflicted were embarrassing and the football was utter shite.

I believe every word that's been attributed to him about Ed Woodward though.
The results in that final season were horrific. Spurs and Arsenal both gave us hidings. The November - January spell alone where we went eight games without a win and lost about 4 on the bounce - including to Stoke, Bournemouth and Norwich - was a sackable offence in itself.

Some good results after that against Liverpool and City but common knowledge his time was up anyway.

Unread 03-06-2020, 09:44 PM
utd99

Barnet never really took, did it? Shame.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...erby-football/

Giiggsy’s having trouble as well it seems.

Unread 26-09-2020, 04:58 PM
puressence

Be derby manager before end of week

Unread 26-09-2020, 05:04 PM
ScarFace

Nobody even dare £#%&!ing say it

Closed Thread