United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-05-2020, 06:03 PM
Mr_Ed

£#%&! it.. 30 years and it’ll end in a soulless ‘victory’ in an empty stadia and no parade 👍🏻

Unread 28-05-2020, 06:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
£#%&! it.. 30 years and it’ll end in a soulless ‘victory’ in an empty stadia and no parade 👍🏻
*VAR
**Covid-19

Unread 28-05-2020, 06:22 PM
ZiggyStardust

Always going to happen as too much money at stake not to have it finished sooner rather than later
Anyway there really couldn’t be a worse way for Liverpool to break their title drought
Imagine if this is how we won it back in 1993

Quite looking forward to seeing Rashford, Fernandes and Pogba play together for the first time

Is it at neutral venues or normal grounds?

Unread 28-05-2020, 06:27 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
genuinely couldn't care less now. seriously.

was a horrible prospect 6 months ago but then that was a different world to the one we're in now.

Give them the £#%&!ing trophy, nobody cares any more. Here's your shiny piece of metal liverpool, well done. Hundreds of people still dying every day from an unstoppable virus but yeah look at james milner getting a £#%&!ing pot in an empty ground.

Unread 28-05-2020, 06:34 PM
AK14

Sky to show 25 of their 64 live games free to air...

Lucky us

Unread 28-05-2020, 06:41 PM
Sparky***

please don't tell me they're actually going to not show some games on tv.

Unread 28-05-2020, 06:41 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Sky to show 25 of their 64 live games free to air...

Lucky us
Gonna be one decent game and the rest will be the absolute dross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I mean I’d rather the scousers didn’t win it at all, but if they’re going to then please let it be one of the games not televised

Unread 28-05-2020, 06:53 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Gonna be one decent game and the rest will be the absolute dross.

I mean I’d rather the scousers didn’t win it at all, but if they’re going to then please let it be one of the games not televised
There’s £#%&! all chance of that happening.

Unread 28-05-2020, 07:01 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

I'm sure i'll get the bug back next season if things are back to 'normal', but seriously, what is the £#%&!ing point in games without a crowd (insert city joke).

Couldn't be less arsed over this restart.
This, absolutely and utterly apathetic about it all. In fact I still think its somewhat unseemly.

Unread 28-05-2020, 07:12 PM
armchair

Hope they use the piped in crowd noise for liverpool winning the league. Will be so fitting.

Unread 28-05-2020, 07:13 PM
Switching Off

Think all games will be televised, but some will be on Sky One etc. The Beeb are getting 4

Also....

Unread 28-05-2020, 08:19 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Depends when it happens. If Liverpool havent clinched the title it will carry on. If they have Aspinall, Dalglish and Klopp will make a televised address to the nation imploring the government to shut down football and stop needlessly risking lives.
And for the exact same reason the woman football was cancelled ass the woman team was/is bottomn off their league.

Unread 28-05-2020, 08:59 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPolk
And for the exact same reason the woman football was cancelled ass the woman team was/is bottomn off their league.
Woman’s football was cancelled because they don’t have the money to do all the tests and everything else that will be required to get this going

It’s not a Liverpool conspiracy to get them the title
It’s about money and nothing else

Unread 28-05-2020, 10:37 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
I'm confused.

Every game is going to be live unless I'm missing something here...

Unread 28-05-2020, 10:59 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
I'm confused.

Every game is going to be live unless I'm missing something here...
All games will be live but sky will show over 20 games on free to air tv (Sky one etc)

BBC will have a few games too.

Unread 28-05-2020, 11:05 PM
signed dc

Football in an empty ground is so boring. TV Interest will drop off very quickly.

Unread 28-05-2020, 11:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Woman’s football was cancelled because they don’t have the money to do all the tests and everything else that will be required to get this going

It’s not a Liverpool conspiracy to get them the title
It’s about money and nothing else
Nothing will convince me that them being currently placed where they are isn't at least a *small* part of it. Soz.

Unread 29-05-2020, 12:14 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
they seem hell bent on going through with it, so when liverpool eventually get enough points together to be confirmed as winners and the inevitable mass gatherings and partying breaks out all over Liverpool, the premier league can explain why they thought it was a good idea when there's a massive spike in Covid 19 cases in that area.

Unread 29-05-2020, 12:26 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
they seem hell bent on going through with it, so when liverpool eventually get enough points together to be confirmed as winners and the inevitable mass gatherings and partying breaks out all over Liverpool, the premier league can explain why they thought it was a good idea when there's a massive spike in Covid 19 cases in that area.
Yeah, but it’s only scousers. So who cares?

Unread 29-05-2020, 08:41 AM
andyroo

Quote:
If there is a spike it'll be Heyseled.
Closed Thread