United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-06-2015, 01:33 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Coracao has been slating Evra for years the boring bastard
So its not just me who thinks he's turned into a right dull @#%&! after his TA service

Unread 06-06-2015, 01:50 PM
Switching Off

http://www.thesportbible.com/article...-will-help-you

Unread 06-06-2015, 02:01 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantic Lisp
Vidic was done, as shown by not just his sub-standard performances (and attitude) in his last season at United, but by the fact with injuries and poor form he's struggled to hold down a place even at mid-table Inter.

Along with Rooney and Giggs, Evra was one of the senior pro's who kept their integrity in the transition from Ferguson. Moyes certainly seemed to undermine Evra with talk of Baines when he took over, but Evra made no excuses and was a decent skipper under him before long. He signed a new contract at United after Moyes left iirc, but was drawn to Juve by fear of losing his place under LVG.

Ferdinand was desperate to stay but LVG didn't want him.
Agree with all that.

I felt that some under-appreciated Evra by the end. Always superb in possession and despite the occasional switching off, he makes lots of good defensive contributions, as we saw at the Bernabeu. His absence off the field might have been the biggest miss though; losing four captains from the dressing room is a big issue, and people who knew that dressing room say Evra was as important as anyone.

But it was probably his time. United had to get Shaw and with fewer games to be shared, it was probably time to make that change. Vidic jumped the gun in terms of arranging his future while Moyes was here, but unless he'd signed a 12-month contract it was probably his time, too. Ferdinand could perhaps have played a role, more off the field than on it.

Unread 06-06-2015, 02:25 PM
Coracao

With what has transpired with Rio, staying in Manchester might not really have been an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
So its not just me who thinks he's turned into a right dull @#%&! after his TA service
I'll endeavor to post more gifs for you.

Unread 06-06-2015, 03:26 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
With what has transpired with Rio, staying in Manchester might not really have been an option.
His wife was only diagnosed a few months before she died.

Unread 06-06-2015, 03:31 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
His wife was only diagnosed a few months before she died.
Fair one, didn't know that.

Unread 06-06-2015, 04:03 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Could easily see him in k stand when he retires singing with the lads
K stand. Singing.

It's not 1985 anymore mate.

Unread 06-06-2015, 04:26 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon