United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-12-2014, 05:25 PM
S/Side.Red

Default Meulensteen

Back out the woodwork to have a pop

Quote:
“I find it a big surprise that Van Gaal has not managed yet to make the team play better,’’ said Meulensteen. “We are nearly at Christmas now and look at the performances. I still don’t see a flow, a rhythm. They win five on the spin but they were absolutely pummelled at Arsenal and should have lost against Southampton.

“He will blow up at some point. That’s part of his make-up. Remember these words. If I’m speaking to you, I’m exchanging information over what I feel passionate about but I don’t lecture you. I’m not preaching to you. If you go and sit with Van Gaal, you’ll come out thinking ‘I’m 12 years old’. He will speak to you as if you have no clue. He will look at you and be thinking ‘what are you asking me? I’m Louis van Gaal’. He’s not my cup of tea. It’s one of the reasons I quite like Ronald (Koeman) as a person - he doesn’t preach or lecture people like the other guy does.

“I said to Ryan (Giggs, Van Gaal’s assistant): ‘I’m so glad you’re staying at the club in this role because you’re the one holding on to this life-line to the Ferguson era but I’m telling you it’s going to be the most difficult three years ahead of you.’
What a bitter @#%&!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...ulensteen.html

Unread 13-12-2014, 05:27 PM
red in cumbria

He makes it a bit *too* obvious, tbh

Unread 13-12-2014, 05:31 PM
Crumps

LVG did slaughter his entire family tbf.

Unread 13-12-2014, 05:32 PM
ZiggyStardust

Still on the dole is he

Unread 13-12-2014, 05:32 PM
RedMenace

Didn't he tout himself for a job on LVG's staff in the summer?

Unread 13-12-2014, 05:38 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
brenton's too, it seems

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29859691

Quote:
Meulensteen said Rodgers should have appointed someone with Champions League experience before the start of the season.

"He has got there because of his philosophy and I rate him for that," he added.

"He has obviously got people around him who he obviously thinks are the right ones.

"But I think he could have done with someone who has been there, seen it and done it.

"Playing in the Premier League and the Champions League, it's a different rhythm that requires a different style of training and a different management strategy through the week. You need to know these things."
for his own sake he really needs to stop running his mouth; he's starting to sound like a seriously pathetic @#%&!.

Unread 13-12-2014, 05:43 PM
ScarFace

is it just me...or is everybody thats left our club...a gobby £#%&!ing @#%&!.

Unread 13-12-2014, 05:46 PM
Grimson

Campaigning for jobs in the media.:shakehead:

How'd that work out for you, Rene?

Unread 13-12-2014, 05:48 PM
Ashley's Grime

They all realise there's plenty of work for people willing to slag off united.

Unread 13-12-2014, 05:51 PM
djsst

Quote:
This “style” is something United need to reacquire swiftly. “They need to click back into it,’’ continued Meulensteen. “Juan Mata’s a good player and so are Ander Herrera, Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie and Michael Carrick. It's about circulating the ball. That’s one of the reasons why I think Marouane Fellaini is not a United player. I don’t think he has that attribute in him, that constant circulating the ball.
Not wrong here though

Unread 13-12-2014, 05:51 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Quote:
"I can see why a club like United are looking at someone like Louis van Gaal because he's got an outstanding pedigree," said Meulensteen.

"He's been in the game a long time and he's a very experienced manager. He's got a strong philosophy about how he wants to play; he showed that at Ajax, he showed that at Barcelona and he showed that with Bayern Munich.

"There's no reason why it wouldn't work but the most important thing is that they need to get it right and make sure that the man who is going to come in respects the history and culture of the club."
Quote:
"If that opportunity [chance to work with Louis van Gaal at United] would come my way, I'll say right now I would not deny it, absolutely not.

"I never left United because I fell out with Manchester United, not at all. Like I said, I felt it was a sort of Catch-22 situation where it would have be difficult for me to carry on as I was in the situation and I wanted to help David Moyes in the best possible way in the club that I could.

"This is a different kettle of fish and if Louis van Gaal would be thinking, 'I do think Rene would be an asset', I'd listen to that."

Unread 13-12-2014, 05:52 PM
ziggyman17

for a man that knows so much about football management and tactics, it's amazing how he still has not been given a managers Job at one of the worlds top football teams...... A long with Phelan a complete fraud, who did little more than put out the cones and bring the team on a warm up...... The way those pair of clowns are going on, you'd swear that it was those two and not fergie that managed the team to the last few titles.. And in any way, when he was coaching at Utd, we played some of the shittest shit on a stick football in Fergies entire time at Utd..

Unread 13-12-2014, 05:56 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Campaigning for jobs in the media.:shakehead:

How'd that work out for you, Rene?
It is exactly that with scholes and neville.

they've either been told or just figured out that they'll get more work/air time/attention if they're @#%&!y about united, rather than being balanced/biased.

Unread 13-12-2014, 05:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
for a man that knows so much about football management and tactics, it's amazing how he still has not been given a managers Job at one of the worlds top football teams...... A long with Phelan a complete fraud, who did little more than put out the cones and bring the team on a warm up...... The way those pair of clowns are going on, you'd swear that it was those two and not fergie that managed the team to the last few titles.. And in any way, when he was coaching at Utd, we played some of the shittest shit on a stick football in Fergies entire time at Utd..
Rene took over first-team training post Moscow, so basically he oversaw the football turning to utter shite.

We all knew Fergie was carrying these @#%&!s. It was £#%&!ing obvious from a mile off.

Unread 13-12-2014, 05:59 PM
Cream

Quote:
Remember these words. If I’m speaking to you, I’m exchanging information over what I feel passionate about but I don’t lecture you.

Unread 13-12-2014, 06:02 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Rene took over first-team training post Moscow, so basically he oversaw the football turning to utter shite.

We all knew Fergie was carrying these @#%&!s. It was £#%&!ing obvious from a mile off.

Yep. Rent a quote £#%&!ers to desperately try and keep some decent money coming in. Arseholes.

Unread 13-12-2014, 06:02 PM
forzagarza

Who's the real bitters? You lot. End of. Fact

Unread 13-12-2014, 06:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
It is exactly that with scholes and neville.

they've either been told or just figured out that they'll get more work/air time/attention if they're @#%&!y about united, rather than being balanced/biased.
He doesn't do it anything like as much as GNev, tbf.

Anyway, neither have anything on Paul "United in third proves this is the worst league EVER" Parker :shakehead:

Unread 13-12-2014, 06:12 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
He doesn't do it anything like as much as GNev, tbf.

Anyway, neither have anything on Paul "United in third proves this is the worst league EVER" Parker :shakehead:
scholes worst digs are via the paper articles he does. on tv he is not so bad.

Like Keane said ( he is just as bad ) Scholes never said a word when he was playing. To the point where i could easily see him still living in a council flat, getting the bus to training and shopping at farm foods. Now he is a rentaquote.

Should of become a coach. Those who go into tv, do it for the money only. You surely dont get anything else out of it.

Unread 13-12-2014, 06:52 PM
celtbion

The quality of the football has been poor going back to his own time coaching at the club.

I know I look forward to watching Utd now in a way I haven't for ages.
Closed Thread