Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-01-2022, 09:11 PM
dunk

Unread 31-01-2022, 09:42 PM
hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
It's quite clear that the answer to that question is yes.
new to whalefish? our OG high lord of doom

Unread 31-01-2022, 10:08 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Did reportedly change his mind from I'm going to leave in the Summer to (a few weeks back) I want to leave now.

I still don't think he will play much.

The Summer window could be interesting given number of permanent departures. Leaves the club an awful lot to do in a window which is pretty jam packed with internationals and no doubt a pre-season tour or too!!

Can't see them doing it justice tbh, normally leave whoever is in charge short in a position or two and that's with a bloated squad!!

I'm not convinced the club are going to listen to Rangnick either (in this consultancy role) if he green lights a move in the morning, and the board blocks it in the afternoon.
Been saying this all along, mate. Ralf or DOF. What’s the point if it’s just a title. They constantly over rule every manager and a DOF is just window dressing.

Unread 31-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Sparky***

Player in staying at the club he's employed by shocker

Unread 31-01-2022, 10:47 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Player in staying at the club he's employed by shocker
Depends on which angle you look at

“100k a week reserve keeper who don’t good enough for club he it’s employed by has bid rejected “

He is taking 5.2 million pounds a year for sitting on the bench

Unread 31-01-2022, 10:49 PM
dunk

He needs to play. He’s a depreciating asset sat on our bench stagnating. Mental to keep him with 3 other senior keepers and no intention of playing him. On his one start under Ralf he took him off after 75 minutes ffs

Unread 31-01-2022, 11:17 PM
AK14

Liverpool signed the Fulham kid.

Unread 31-01-2022, 11:47 PM
goldfinger II

£#%&! me. I know more terrible things have happened around the club recently, but I find it genuinely outrageous that a club of our size and wealth are letting another window slide by without addressing a glaring weakness in the side.

I suppose it could be worse - at least we're not out doing mad shit like we have done in the past, but that's no kind of yard stick. Now we can look forward to Lingard and Pogba stinking the squad out for another half a season, at best playing only for their own benefit, at worst, not trying a £#%&!ing leg. There may well be an argument that keeping and using them is the pragmatic thing to do. I'd rather the club had a bit more respect for itself.

Unread 01-02-2022, 12:03 AM
jem

pogba and lingard could give us half a season. why do this to yourself?

Unread 01-02-2022, 12:22 AM
Pop

Bild saying Mbappe has signed a pre-season contract with Real.

€800k a week!

Unread 01-02-2022, 12:22 AM
dunk

Dippers deal for Carvalho fell through apparently..

Unread 01-02-2022, 12:30 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
£#%&! me. I know more terrible things have happened around the club recently, but I find it genuinely outrageous that a club of our size and wealth are letting another window slide by without addressing a glaring weakness in the side.
Transfers will be the last thing being spoken about in the boardrooms at United. The club is in full on damage limitation mode at the moment and i should imagine the whole Greenwood situation has been like a live hand grenade being tossed into the room.

Unread 01-02-2022, 12:32 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Huge job on the horizon in the summer. Up to 12 players likely to go, and none of those among the players we need to replace to improve the first team, other than Pogba. The passive approach to this window is mental.[/url]

Then don’t look past the next set of financial results.

Unread 01-02-2022, 12:35 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Transfers will be the last thing being spoken about in the boardrooms at United. The club is in full on damage limitation mode at the moment and i should imagine the whole Greenwood situation has been like a live hand grenade being tossed into the room.
If they haven’t got plans for this type of event locked in the CEO’s safe then there’s something wrong.

Greenwood shouldn’t be having any bearing on signings other than possibly a rushed loan deal for an additional forward. Outgoings may be affected but any player coming in should still be coming regardless.

We clearly had no plans.

Unread 01-02-2022, 12:55 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
We clearly had no plans.
there are plans. just not plans we would make.

Unread 01-02-2022, 01:53 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Dippers deal for Carvalho fell through apparently..
Couldn't get the deal and the loan both through in time.

Unread 01-02-2022, 08:52 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
If they haven’t got plans for this type of event locked in the CEO’s safe then there’s something wrong.

Greenwood shouldn’t be having any bearing on signings other than possibly a rushed loan deal for an additional forward. Outgoings may be affected but any player coming in should still be coming regardless.

We clearly had no plans.
As long as they get their £10m divvy or whatever it is.

Unread 01-02-2022, 08:56 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Bild saying Mbappe has signed a pre-season contract with Real.

€800k a week!
is he not playing during the actual season then?

Unread 01-02-2022, 10:55 AM
Dr Stranger

Just catching up with all this.

How many players did the self-titled biggest club in the world sign to bridge the gap at the top?

Unread 01-02-2022, 10:57 AM
Seamus

zero
Closed Thread