maguire
shaw

The Scottish Player
vdb
bruno

sancho
cavani
greenwood

The Scottish Player to have a repeat performance of last season against the scum

Unread 28-07-2021, 10:37 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Bit like yourself and the FOTY voting forms ...

Donny will start ....
Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
never going to happen.
)

Unread 28-07-2021, 10:42 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
assuming we don't sign anyone else between now and then (we probably will):

henderson

awb
varane
maguire
shaw

The Scottish Player
vdb
bruno

sancho
cavani
greenwood

The Scottish Player to have a repeat performance of last season against the scum
Solid team

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Nasty

Unread 28-07-2021, 03:03 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
de gea

wan b - varane - maguire - shaw

The Scottish Player - matic

greenwood - bruno - sancho

cavani

although ole will probably play fred instead of matic.

I would cry real tears of sadness if Matic starts this game

Unread 28-07-2021, 03:09 PM
Neo

Football

Defence is looking great, but huge questions on the goalkeeper situation for me, Clive.

Jury still well and truly out on Henderson, and I don't trust how short he is. Reminds me of Barthez when it comes to physical presence.

Will be interesting to see how De Gea copes playing behind a proper partnership of Maguire and Varane, as he's still probably the best shot-stopper at the club, although his performance in the Europa League final is one of the top 5 most disgraceful individual performances I've ever seen from a United player.

Unread 28-07-2021, 03:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I would cry real tears of sadness if Matic starts this game
Jem wants us to lose so he can pretend he knows better than the manager, clearly.

Unread 28-07-2021, 03:18 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Defence is looking great, but huge questions on the goalkeeper situation for me, Clive.

Jury still well and truly out on Henderson, and I don't trust how short he is. Reminds me of Barthez when it comes to physical presence.

Will be interesting to see how De Gea copes playing behind a proper partnership of Maguire and Varane, as he's still probably the best shot-stopper at the club, although his performance in the Europa League final is one of the top 5 most disgraceful individual performances I've ever seen from a United player.
Yeah, worries me too.

Henderson started well enough, but looked well below standard towards the end of the season. I think he deserves to start as he can get better and we should know one way or another if he’s good enough this season.

De Gea, unfortunately, is finished. He’s been shit as long as he was good for past 2-3 years. Had numerous chances and continues to let us down at key moments. And he’s a £#%&!in fanny. His line-rooted shithousery is unforgivable and the defence has lost all confidence in him.

Heaton will probably by number one by Christmas.

Unread 28-07-2021, 03:19 PM
AK14

Henderson

AWB
Varane
Maguire
Shaw

Donny
The Scottish Player
Bruno

Greenwood
Cav
Sancho

Unread 28-07-2021, 03:28 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Jem wants us to lose so he can pretend he knows better than the manager, clearly.
I do not want us to lose and I would not be pretending. so... no. clearly.

Unread 28-07-2021, 03:32 PM
AK14

I wonder how a Neves, Mctommers and Bruno midfield would look…

Unread 28-07-2021, 03:41 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I wonder how a Neves, Mctommers and Bruno midfield would look…
The Scottish Player is a likeable player, but if we’re picking one of him or Fred, then I think Fred is just that bit more comfortable in a deeper role.

The Scottish Player’s best games are usually where he’s popping up everywhere and he’s getting involved in the opposition box.

I know the best example of probably Leeds last season and that’s who we’re playing, but I’m talking in more general terms

Unread 28-07-2021, 04:03 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Henderson
Wan-Bissaka - Lindelof - Maguire - Dalot
The Scottish Player - Fred
Greenwood - Bruno - Sancho
Cavani
This. Picks itself, keeper aside.

Unread 28-07-2021, 04:04 PM
Vedder

Henderson
Trippier Varane Maguire Shaw
Bruno Saul Donny
Greenwood Cavani Sancho

8-0

Unread 28-07-2021, 04:24 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
As it stands......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Henderson
Trippier Varane Maguire Shaw
Bruno Saul Donny
Greenwood Cavani Sancho

haaland in for cavani, surely?

Unread 28-07-2021, 04:27 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Don't think he lacks presence but he's a certified balloon with very questionable decision making, not least regarding headwear.

Unread 28-07-2021, 05:23 PM
saffers

Glad im not the only one who thinks Dave should start.

And I rate Henderson btw.

Just think DDG deserves another go. Done so much for us.

Unread 28-07-2021, 05:32 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Glad im not the only one who thinks Dave should start.

And I rate Henderson btw.

Just think DDG deserves another go. Done so much for us.
So's Albert the kit man... still wouldn't put him in goal.

Unread 28-07-2021, 05:38 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
The Scottish Player is a likeable player, but if we’re picking one of him or Fred, then I think Fred is just that bit more comfortable in a deeper role.

The Scottish Player’s best games are usually where he’s popping up everywhere and he’s getting involved in the opposition box.

I know the best example of probably Leeds last season and that’s who we’re playing, but I’m talking in more general terms
Doesn’t Neves play the deeper role?

Neves deep
Mctommers as a box to box ball winner
Bruno as the playmaker/free role

#FootballManagerReds

Unread 28-07-2021, 06:47 PM
Slice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

He's 6'2 isn't he?

Unread 28-07-2021, 07:10 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice
He's 6'2 isn't he?
Looks a lot smaller than that. Perhaps it's because our centre backs are all bigger than him.

6'2 is short for a 'keeper IMO.

Buffon - 6'4.
De Gea - 6'4.
Donnarumma - 6'5.
Courtois - 6'7.
Closed Thread