United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-07-2021, 10:56 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
No chance on Martial for Haaland, they couldn’t afford his wages for a start.

Pogba and Martial both need replacing properly if they go.

DdG has been gone for 2 years plus. I’d rather Heaton started tbh. De Gea should be 3rd choice.
Like swapping a Lambourghini for a Dacia, also.

Unread 28-07-2021, 11:03 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Like swapping a Lambourghini for a Dacia, also.
Harsh, reckon Haaland is at least a Volvo tbf.

Unread 28-07-2021, 11:40 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

If we put Martial up for sale there would be plenty of interest. Fee will depend on his contract? How long left does he have?

It’s not just about transfer fees. Getting these players off the wage bill and stopping the squad from becoming bloated has got to play its part.
I agree but how much? I've seen 25-30 million mentioned. Not sure who we're going to buy with that.

Although, we managed with Varane

Think Martial might be best as a makeweight in a deal. I would be happy seeing him stay as he is obviously talented, but the moody @#%&! isn't going to be happy coming off the bench.

Unread 28-07-2021, 11:43 AM
Switching Off

I think this is it. After all the talk and Q&As and emails to Drasdo, weve got a player from last summer and a cut price centre half.

Unread 28-07-2021, 11:47 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
I think this is it. After all the talk and Q&As and emails to Drasdo, weve got a player from last summer and a cut price centre half.
That’s the spirit. Put a positive spin on things

Unread 28-07-2021, 11:53 AM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Will you be cheering City on from match day 1 again this season then?

Unread 28-07-2021, 12:15 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
£#%&! Drasdo the bent @#%&! and £#%&! the Glazers.

Unread 28-07-2021, 12:31 PM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 28-07-2021, 12:42 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
That’s the spirit. Put a positive spin on things
We've been here plenty before. We needed at least 3, probably more. If we get a midfielder, I'll be content. Until then,

Unread 28-07-2021, 12:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
We've been here plenty before. We needed at least 3, probably more. If we get a midfielder, I'll be content. Until then,
I’m resisting this sort of thinking, will be there with you by mid-August if we’ve not bagged a midfielder, nqat.

Unread 28-07-2021, 12:48 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
I’m resisting this sort of thinking, will be there with you by mid-August if we’ve not bagged a midfielder, nqat.

Unread 28-07-2021, 01:24 PM
dunk

I don’t suppose it helps that the same people that are negotiating for players are also doing so for the women’s team

Unread 28-07-2021, 01:36 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
I don’t suppose it helps that the same people that are negotiating for players are also doing so for the women’s team
Sidewise move for Martial then.

Unread 28-07-2021, 01:39 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Victor/Victoria.

Agreed, should be separate entities who control the different budgets.

Unread 28-07-2021, 08:56 PM
Dr Stranger

Ole: “I’m hopeful there might be a little more business from us before the window closes”

Unread 28-07-2021, 10:22 PM
dunk

Camavinga

Unread 28-07-2021, 10:50 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Will you be cheering City on from match day 1 again this season then?
This is snide level red. Where is this from? Switchers was very pro mou but a secret Bert?? Nah.

Unread 28-07-2021, 11:01 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
This is snide level red. Where is this from? Switchers was very pro mou but a secret Bert?? Nah.
Not really a secret.

Matchday 1 last season: Man City vs. Wolves

If you go into a season hoping for Man City to win their games, you're a City fan IMO.

Unread 28-07-2021, 11:21 PM
red in cumbria

You know why he posted that.

Unread 28-07-2021, 11:25 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
You know why he posted that.
Because there was no chance of us being the ones to finish above Liverpool last season?
Closed Thread