United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-11-2020, 12:06 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
We're playing as bad as LvG and Moyes and they certainly didn't get any longer.
They weren't sacked because of how bad we were playing. They were sacked because of results. Specifically, both of them were sacked because we didn't qualify for the Champions League.

We've started terribly, and if this form continues then he may well lose his job. However, none of Moyes, Van Gaal or Mourinho would've been sacked six league games into the season.

Unread 05-11-2020, 12:33 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
If you don’t think taking Tottenham £#%&!ing Hotspur to a Champions League final warrants at least a little bit of credit then I really don’t know what to tell you.

Whilst he was in charge Tottenham finished fifth, third, second, fourth. All whilst he was being given virtually nothing to spend as they were building that gigantic billion pound Stadium.

Now I’m not saying he’ll do well as United manager but don’t be disingenuous because what he did at Spurs was actually very good considering
This.

They maybe could have done better with Top 6 clashes, but they generally overachieved. All while playing some nice stuff.

He’ll be taking his next job at a big club nqat

Unread 05-11-2020, 12:43 PM
puressence

Men reporting. Contact has been made

Unread 05-11-2020, 01:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Men reporting. Contact has been made
That's been claimed at various points in the last 12-18 months. Gets clicks.

Unread 05-11-2020, 01:06 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That's been claimed at various points in the last 12-18 months. Gets clicks.
Not sure men has gone balls deep before tbh. It’s usually one of the rags

Unread 05-11-2020, 01:18 PM
windy waffles

Why are some people finding it so hard to believe Ole is going to be sacked and Pochettino is being lined up after this season's shit show? It's so obvious.

Unread 05-11-2020, 01:18 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Not sure men has gone balls deep before tbh. It’s usually one of the rags
Yeah, Luckhurst is a clown but I dont think he'd be saying theres been contact if there hadnt.

Unread 05-11-2020, 01:23 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Why are some people finding it so hard to believe Ole is going to be sacked and Pochettino is being lined up after this season's shit show? It's so obvious.
Of course it's happening. It's just a matter of whether it happens this international break or at Christmas.

Woodward isn't creative enough to see past Poch.

Unread 05-11-2020, 01:24 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Of course it's happening. It's just a matter of whether it happens this international break or at Christmas.

Woodward isn't creative enough to see past Poch.
He is the only option. And it's long overdue.

Unread 05-11-2020, 01:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Because 6 league games ago we'd finished 3rd in the league, and had faced the most ridiculous pre-season ever.

Unread 05-11-2020, 01:38 PM
n48

If not Poch and baby face Ole gets the boot in the summer then who? Assuming Poch is elsewhere?

Unread 05-11-2020, 01:40 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
If not Poch and baby face Ole gets the boot in the summer then who? Assuming Poch is elsewhere?

Unread 05-11-2020, 01:41 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48

Unread 05-11-2020, 01:43 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Think Brucey is due another baby soon.

Unread 05-11-2020, 01:58 PM
Dr Stranger

Rival fans today are worried we’re going to sack him.

Is there a single person in the world outside of the club who doesn’t think Poch would be a better option than ole?

Unread 05-11-2020, 01:58 PM
Tronics

Ole has been in the job 2 years and i honestly couldn't tell you how we play apart from "counter-attacking football"

We didn't deserve our 3rd place finish last season and towards the end, we nearly did everything in our power to £#%&! it up.

Most of the blame should be laid on the players, if it was up to me i would sack the majority of our squad and start again, but that's not possible so the fall guy is always the coach and his "coaching staff"

It's unfortunate because I would have liked a legend like Ole to be a success at our club, but its never going to happen under this current regime. He clearly needs money, signings and loads of time to succeed and the Glazers (Ed Woodward) they don't give any manager those luxuries, so whoever comes in will have to hit the ground running and work with what he has, Poch is the best option for that.

Unread 05-11-2020, 02:05 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
We didn't deserve our 3rd place finish last season and towards the end, we nearly did everything in our power to f*** it up.
On what basis didn't we deserve 3rd, and at which point during our run of 10 wins, 5 draws and 0 loses from the start of February did we do everything in our power to f*** it up?

Unread 05-11-2020, 02:11 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
Ole has been in the job 2 years and i honestly couldn't tell you how we play apart from "counter-attacking football"

We didn't deserve our 3rd place finish last season and towards the end, we nearly did everything in our power to £#%&! it up.

Most of the blame should be laid on the players, if it was up to me i would sack the majority of our squad and start again, but that's not possible so the fall guy is always the coach and his "coaching staff"

It's unfortunate because I would have liked a legend like Ole to be a success at our club, but its never going to happen under this current regime. He clearly needs money, signings and loads of time to succeed and the Glazers (Ed Woodward) they don't give any manager those luxuries, so whoever comes in will have to hit the ground running and work with what he has, Poch is the best option for that.
He has done nothing to earn any of those things.

He has spent over £250m, how much more money does he need? The key responsibility of a football manager is to take the team he has and make it perform to their maximum potential. I think we all know that isn't happening by a long way.

I'd struggle to name any player that has improved under Ole. Perhaps Rashford and Martial but that would be extremely marginal.

We went balls out for Sancho in the summer and failed. But would he really have improved anything? Is he really a big upgrade over Rashford/Martial/Greenwood? He's just playing in a better team that actually has a cohesive front line.

There's no point in giving Ole better players when we'll still have the same problems.

There's no point giving him more time when he doesn't seem to have any sort of plan to improve things.

We all love him and it would have been a dream to see him win major trophies as our manager. But he isn't good enough and he never will be. So what's the point of pretending for any longer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
On what basis didn't we deserve 3rd, and at which point during our run of 10 wins, 5 draws and 0 loses from the start of February did we do everything in our power to £#%&! it up?
I'm guessing he means the loss to Palace and the draw with Southampton. The players were dead by that point due to lack of squad rotation. Bruno in particular looked £#%&!ed.

The league doesn't usually lie but it's fair to say it was a very strange season. Without the break it seems almost impossible to think we'd have finished in the top 4. We were utterly diabolical until spring. We wouldn't get so lucky again.

Unread 05-11-2020, 02:18 PM
20LEgend1999

But the loss to Palace was in August 2019?

Unread 05-11-2020, 02:21 PM
Jack Duckworth

if poch is so good why did spurs sack him and replace him with the manager we sacked?
Closed Thread