Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Tbf It was Frank.
Same person.

Unread 23-11-2021, 10:58 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
The arguments change depending on who the individual is and which side of the fence you nail yourself to early doors.
Wasn't Dunk against sacking Ole early on as they were no better options out there? Now he's saying we should gamble on the unknown

Look, if we get Poch or we get ETH I'd be happy. The idea of ending up with someone like Rodgers could put me off United for life.

Unread 23-11-2021, 11:03 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Wasn't Dunk against sacking Ole early on as they were no better options out there? Now he's saying we should gamble on the unknown

Look, if we get Poch or we get ETH I'd be happy. The idea of ending up with someone like Rodgers could put me off United for life.
That was on the basis we couldn’t get Ten Hag or any other decent option mid-season tbf. Which is exactly what’s happening

My argument at the time being there was no point binning him for an interim, unless it got really bad, which it did. Nobody really wants to take over mid-Season. We might get lucky in that Poch hates it at PSG, otherwise we could end up with any £#%&!er in charge until the summer

And is Poch making himself available really ‘lucky’?

Unread 23-11-2021, 11:09 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That was on the basis we couldn’t get Ten Hag or any other decent option mid-season tbf. Which is exactly what’s happening

My argument at the time being there was no point binning him for an interim, unless it got really bad, which it did. Nobody really wants to take over mid-Season. We might get lucky in that Poch hates it at PSG, otherwise we could end up with any £#%&!er in charge until the summer

And is Poch making himself available really ‘lucky’?
Dunk.

The man who is never wrong.

Incredible.

Should make you director of football.

Unread 23-11-2021, 11:11 AM
atticusgrinch

Poch overachieved at Southampton, massively overachieved at Tottenham, and is currently managing the basketcase that is PSG as well as anyone.

Maybe if he'd relegated Southampton, the OGS cranks would be more open to the idea?

Unread 23-11-2021, 11:12 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Poch overachieved at Southampton, massively overachieved at Tottenham, and is currently managing the basketcase that is PSG as well as anyone.

Maybe if he'd relegated Southampton, the OGS cranks would be more open to the idea?
As far as I can tell, most people appear to be saying more or less the same thing: we could do (a lot) worse, but it's hardly the complete revolution we need.

I like the guy and would give him a chance. Could turn out well. But equally I can imagine us all on here 2 years from now going 'he's still picking Fred ffs'

Unread 23-11-2021, 11:13 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Dunk.

The man who is never wrong.

Incredible.

Should make you director of football.
They should’ve sacked him immediately after the Liverpool game. I was guilty of hoping he could still turn it round.

They should make me DoF though, agreed.

Unread 23-11-2021, 11:13 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
As far as I can tell, most people appear to be saying more or less the same thing: we could do (a lot) worse, but it's hardly the complete revolution we need.

I like the guy and would give him a chance. Could turn out well. But equally I can imagine us all on here 2 years from now going 'he's still picking Fred ffs'
this.

Unread 23-11-2021, 11:16 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:

summed it up.

most of us haven't a clue about ten hag apart from some recent info, but we're attracted to the whole package of him, and a proper dof.

it's probably a bigger gamble but we're all sick of the merrygoround.

one thing that could be critical to changing the set up (apart from selling the club) would be woodward does not extend his stay. he has to go.

Unread 23-11-2021, 11:17 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Early on ? Thought it was within the last 4-6 weeks

Unread 23-11-2021, 11:18 AM
jem

Quote:
They should’ve sacked him immediately after the Liverpool game. I was guilty of hoping he could still turn it round.

They should make me DoF though, agreed.
just to be clear: I will not work with dunk.

Unread 23-11-2021, 11:19 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
just to be clear: I will not work with dunk.
You wouldn’t be hired, so it’s fine.

Quote:
Prior to the Liverpool game certainly.

Unread 23-11-2021, 11:22 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
summed it up.

most of us haven't a clue about ten hag apart from some recent info, but we're attracted to the whole package of him, and a proper dof.

it's probably a bigger gamble but we're all sick of the merrygoround.

one thing that could be critical to changing the set up (apart from selling the club) would be woodward does not extend his stay. he has to go.
I agree but in his place is the guy that’s successfully got us signed up with Hot Sauce Noodles etc. We are a club run primarily to secure commercial success. Former accountant (aren’t they all), knows £#%&! all about football (obvs) but knows how much Pirelli tyres will pay.

Unread 23-11-2021, 11:23 AM
jem

Quote:
You wouldn’t be hired, so it’s fine.
I've been put forward as manager. I'd say your chances of dof are diminished.

Unread 23-11-2021, 11:24 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I've been put forward as manager. I'd say your chances of dof are diminished.
I’ve vetoed your appointment.

Unread 23-11-2021, 11:27 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

I'm not saying he's the messiah. Merely that he's the best available manager.

The club aren't going to do a complete revolution. They're not interested.

People (not particularly you) seem to conflate what they hope will happen and what is reality. Just like with Ole.

Try and stay in the real world guys.

Unread 23-11-2021, 11:27 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
He’s an accountant tbf. That’s the kind of DOF the glazers will be after.

Unread 23-11-2021, 11:30 AM
jem

Quote:
another nail in the coffin of your chances of dofdom.

Unread 23-11-2021, 11:31 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Dunk definitely said Ole needs 5 years in the last month or so.

Seemed a bit mad at the time. Seems even madder now.

Unread 23-11-2021, 11:31 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
He’s an accountant tbf. That’s the kind of DOF the glazers will be after.
We need to break the cycle..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
another nail in the coffin of your chances of dofdom.
I’d say it greatly enhances my credentials tbf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Dunk definitely said Ole needs 5 years in the last month or so.

Seemed a bit mad at the time. Seems even madder now.
I said we were 2 seasons into a 5 year rebuild. It went horribly wrong very quickly. Shit happens though. Happened to Poch.
Closed Thread