United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-01-2021, 11:53 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Needed

Yeah, because when do you not need a goal?

“Penalty!”

“Nah, you’re alright, ref”
Ipswich 95. We wanted a tenth but didn’t need it.

Unread 13-01-2021, 04:18 PM
wiganste

Unbelievable bastards - arses are twitching like a rabbits nose

Quote:
Quote from: BIG DICK NICK on Today at 03:00:35 PM
I haven’t looked at the table in a while and will probably only so so when we start winning again. But we shouldn’t panic if we drop a place or two in the short term. If we get our form back the table will take care of itself.
Quote:
These have been incredibly fortunate this season, with seemingly endless gifts from officials. Honestly, every time I see their results I click on just to see at what stage of the game Penandes slotted his penalty away. They are getting penalties when their player really should have been booked for simulation. They've had every conceivable advantage go their way but are only ahead by three points. On the other hand, Liverpool have had absolutely everything go against us this season, the likes of which I've never seen before in my life. Despite this, we are just three points behind, and only for VAR travesties we'd still be ahead.

If we pull our fingers out, we leave these behind. If we don't, well we don't deserve to win it anyway and Abu Dhabi will bag it. We've been magnificent for the most part given the circumstances, but in the last three or four games we've literally done it to ourselves.
Quote:
Quote from: Clint Eastwood on Today at 11:51:04 AM
They have a great deal of momentum right now with a lot of luck from penalties/VAR and injuries. They aren’t playing well but they are grinding out results. I don’t think they’re good enough to win a tight title race and I think Guardiola will be happy that there seems to be zero expectation on City, who should really be the favourites right now. We need our luck to turn, but I don’t think United are good enough to go all the way as ourselves and City.

The main frustration for me is that we’ve allowed them to build a title challenge.
Quote:
I agree but it's still too early to call it a title challenge

Also I don't think we should get too frustrated. This was always going to be a tough season due to the high levels of the previous two and the massive disruption Covid has caused. And then add onto the absolutely devastating injuries.

There have been frustrating games we should have done better in, but there's no reason not to be positive for the rest of the season. Starting with @#%&!ting the shit Mancs on Sunday

Unread 13-01-2021, 04:19 PM
Ethers

Penandes

They’re shitting it ffs. Wonderful

Unread 13-01-2021, 04:23 PM
Vida_15

they are dealing with injuries for the first time in 3 seasons and they don't know how to handle it

Unread 13-01-2021, 04:27 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
they are dealing with injuries for the first time in 3 seasons and they don't know how to handle it
And yet 9 of their first 11 is available in every game. Keeper, full backs, midfield and forwards are all fit.

Unread 13-01-2021, 05:39 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Penandes

They’re shitting it ffs. Wonderful
daft @#%&!s can't grasp we've only had one more penalty than them this season

Unread 13-01-2021, 05:48 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Unbelievable bastards - arses are twitching like a rabbits nose
We didn't get a penalty last night.

Unread 13-01-2021, 05:56 PM
wiganste

Doesn't stop them though, does it?

Unread 13-01-2021, 05:58 PM
History

Lovely the way they're throwing the January cup out there like they havent been champions of the pre season cup for the last 30 years

Unread 15-01-2021, 08:31 AM
waynes ear's

its over lads. We've won the par league

Unread 15-01-2021, 08:55 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

That’s it

I’m off to Albert sq with me jesters hat to celebrate

Unread 15-01-2021, 08:57 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
That’s it

I’m off to Albert sq with me jesters hat to celebrate
wind it in Pete Bolton

Unread 15-01-2021, 11:04 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

I get asked why I dislike Liverpool fans. A lot of my family and friends ask me why I want to see them fail and lose. Reasons like this, such a weird bunch

Do you think it’s done so the person looks “smart”? Throw a lot of numbers and statistics so you can look in the know?

Mental

Unread 15-01-2021, 11:07 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I get asked why I dislike Liverpool fans. A lot of my family and friends ask me why I want to see them fail and lose. Reasons like this, such a weird bunch

Do you think it’s done so the person looks “smart”? Throw a lot of numbers and statistics so you can look in the know?

Mental
Shots fired into the COVID thread..

Unread 15-01-2021, 11:46 AM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins

Mental
£#%&! all wrong with that tbf.

Unread 15-01-2021, 12:19 PM
barca99

Can somebody please explain to me in Laymans terms wtf the par league is?

Unread 15-01-2021, 12:21 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
No chance.

Unread 15-01-2021, 12:24 PM
Pop

Quote:
For those of you who are new to the Alternative Premier League Table, or those who need a reminder of the model, the APLT makes an assumption that in order to win the league title, a team needs to win 90 points for the season. This can be achieved by winning all home matches, the seven ‘easiest’ away matches, the three promoted teams and the 14th-17th ranked teams from the previous season and draw the 12 remaining away matches. I refer to these as the ‘par results’, as in golf, par will be achieved more often than not, but sometimes points are dropped or gained in relation to par.

£#%&!ing #@&%!s.

Look at this nugget on the 20/21 Par League thread...

- Reply #2 on: September 6, 2020, 02:41:07 PM »
Now the season starts.

Unread 15-01-2021, 12:25 PM
jem

Quote:
I think Guardiola will be happy that there seems to be zero expectation on City, who should really be the favourites right now.
um.... city are favourites right now. by some margin.

no doubt, they are soiling themselves because their recent performances have been very flat. they will need to raise their game to get anything against us.

which they will do, obviously. like any small club.

Unread 15-01-2021, 12:25 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Good luck
Closed Thread