Originally Posted by windy waffles
Why is he cursed?
he’s had no luck has he

Unread 04-01-2023, 10:55 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
he’s had no luck has he
You make your own luck in this world sunshine.

Unread 04-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Joe Biden

I wouldnt wish an ACL on any of our players, but if it HAD to be one........ I'm just saying.

Unread 04-01-2023, 11:28 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
I wouldnt wish an ACL on any of our players, but if it HAD to be one........ I'm just saying.
….that it would he Antony?

Unread 05-01-2023, 10:53 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Did my ACL and didn’t actually know for over a week.
not that it's great to outdo you on this, but it took mine 6 weeks to be diagnosed and that wasn't only after doing it for a 2nd time in that period. The first time the brilliant A&E doctor diagnosed it as a sprain

Get well soon donny... we need the cash in the summer

Unread 05-01-2023, 11:02 AM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
not that it's great to outdo you on this, but it took mine 6 weeks to be diagnosed and that wasn't only after doing it for a 2nd time in that period. The first time the brilliant A&E doctor diagnosed it as a sprain

Get well soon donny... we need the cash in the summer
I had similar, snapped it at the top of a hill coming off a bike (too steep, no dropper). Carried the bike down, knee collapsed a couple of times. Mates (ex rugger types) told me to stop being soft, probably just tweaked it. So I rode home and went to A&E. Probably just a sprain. Knee got locked in position, a few months later saw a consultant who booked for a scan, inconclusive so keyhole surgery was booked. Turns out I had trashed both meniscus and snapped the ACL, which was blocking the knee from straightening. Didn't need reconstruction, went back running, kick boxing, cycling....everything no probs.

Unread 05-01-2023, 11:04 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
he’s had no luck has he
Nothing to do with luck - he's been shit and has failed to impress any of the past three managers. Not taking his chances whatsoever when given playing time.

Unread 05-01-2023, 11:05 AM
magic_cantona

"During the war....."

Unread 05-01-2023, 11:08 AM
Denis Irwell

Another inspired Woodward signing.

Good luck to him but he’s way out of his depth here.

Unread 05-01-2023, 09:17 PM
Sparky***

Unread 05-01-2023, 09:22 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
big blow.

shame for the lad though

dunk

NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I feel gutted for him, genuinely. He’s had a torrid time of it here and, despite his shortcomings on the pitch, he’s shown real desire to play for us and you could tell how much it meant to him when he got injured the other day; trying to run off what is obviously a severe injury and breaking down a bit when he realised he couldn’t go on.

Wish him all the best and that’ll be the case even if/when we sell him later on down the line.

Unread 05-01-2023, 09:23 PM
Dr Stranger

Ffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I feel gutted for him, genuinely. He’s had a torrid time of it here and, despite his shortcomings on the pitch, he’s shown real desire to play for us and you could tell how much it meant to him when he got injured the other day; trying to run off what is obviously a severe injury and breaking down a bit when he realised he couldn’t go on.

Wish him all the best and that’ll be the case even if/when we sell him later on down the line.

Unread 05-01-2023, 09:28 PM
goldfinger II

Really don't get why players who might be badly injured are just allowed to walk off, considering the kind of money at stake.

Unread 05-01-2023, 09:29 PM
silv

he might not be united quality but don’t get the snide from some reds

seems a nice guy and he’s just lost a year of his career

Unread 05-01-2023, 09:33 PM
Bunker Buster

Unhappy

Come back stronger Donny, I know you will....

Unread 05-01-2023, 09:45 PM
Joe Biden

Imagine how slow he's gonna be after an ACL. Might be kinder to put the bloke down. Rip.

Unread 05-01-2023, 09:46 PM
Hyman_Roth

Still feel he’s had a bit of a sliding door moment at united - it could have worked out for him if x and y had fallen into place. As it is, he was horrifically managed by Ole, hasn’t delivered in the rare times he’s had a chance to and has obviously suffered from a lack of confidence because of all that.

I’m not saying he would have been an obvious success and it probably isn’t ever going to work out if the difference between success or failure is so fragile but he’s had zero luck and very little support.

Really feel for him