Closed Thread

Unread 19-06-2012, 04:10 PM
naes_sean

Italy, Spain, Greece.

Unread 19-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Redordead

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I wouldn't be wild about Gerrard and Terry poncing around with the trophy either.

Even if they haven't actually won it.
I could live with it to win the Euros. Terrys a @#%&! and not good enough, Stevie Me seems to have developed a team game and has been playing well.

Unread 19-06-2012, 04:13 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead
I could live with it to win the Euros. Terrys a @#%&! and not good enough, Stevie Me seems to have developed a team game and has been playing well.
That's fair enough. I'm not English but not a pom-basher for the sake of it (not your football team anyway ) but them @#%&!s tip it over for me.

Unread 19-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
germans
Oi Ginsters, I stand to win a few hundred quid if ze Germans win it.

Spain or Greece would be awful.

Unread 19-06-2012, 04:23 PM
borsuk

spain, no question

Unread 19-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Sparky***

Got to go with Spain myself.

I don't have any real dislike for them, but it's like watching a crude imitation of Barcelona, but without messi to light up the constant one paced possession.

I also never really noticed the constant, cynical, sly, cheating fouls that goes with teams like Barca and spain until Borsuk mentioned it. The more you look for it, the more you see it. They are so well rehearsed at it though they make it look accidental.

A close 2nd would be the Italians. I knows it's seen as a bit "rock n roll" to fawn over Italy and italian football, you know - the football equivalent of wearing a Ramones t-shirt - but i've never been able to stand them and they've always been the epitome of disgusting, sly, cheating cowards. They are also the most corrupt bunch of @#%&!s in europe by a mile.

Unread 19-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Zorg

Spain bore the shit out of me, always have.

Oooh, they keep possession for ages. Great.

Unread 19-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Switching Off

Abe

Unread 19-06-2012, 05:03 PM
PaulParkers

On one hand I'd quite like England to win it but on the other it would be the worst thing to happen in football since the Soccer AM generation.

Unread 19-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
On one hand I'd quite like England to win it but on the other it would be the worst thing to happen in football since the Soccer AM generation.
This

There is a guy at work who has had 4 Citeh flags on his car since the last day of the season

He rocked up yesterday with 4 George crosses on :£#%&!er:

This guy is a mid-40's Citeh 'fan' who quite openly admits that he was a United 'fan' but after euro 96 he actually wanted to go 'see a game live, couldn't get into OT so went to watch Citeh

Now he's the biggest gob-shite going

Unread 19-06-2012, 05:11 PM
antonin jablonsky

Spain for me too, so bored of possession stats. Would love the Germans to win it, love the way they are playing and love Germany as a country.

Unread 19-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Pop

Spain. Sick of them.

Want the Krauts to win it. Hopefully absolutely walloping the Spanish @#%&!s in the final like they did England and Argentina in 2010.

Unread 19-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Bunker Buster

Spain

:Shootcrewssage:

Unread 19-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Tiberian

The Spain/Barca backlash is in full swing now. They have by a very long way the best squad in the tournament, look at the midfield they had on the bench yesterday

Fabregas and Javi Martinez in the middle with Navas, Mata and Cazorla interchanging at will, probably the third best midfield in the competition behind their first team and Germany.

Despite this they are incredibly boring. Technically supreme but their games all follow the same predictable pattern, dominate the ball, force the opposition deep and tire them out or frustrate them to the point where they make judgement errors trying to win the ball. Might sound churlish considering how talented and skilled they are but it is anaemic to watch. They are so good at what they do it entirely cancels out the opposing style.

Far prefer the counter attacking pacy direct play that Germany and Portugal have shown, leads to far more interesting games.

Unread 19-06-2012, 05:43 PM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
The Spain/Barca backlash is in full swing now. They have by a very long way the best squad in the tournament, look at the midfield they had on the bench yesterday

Fabregas and Javi Martinez in the middle with Navas, Mata and Cazorla interchanging at will, probably the third best midfield in the competition behind their first team and Germany.

Despite this they are incredibly boring. Technically supreme but their games all follow the same predictable pattern, dominate the ball, force the opposition deep and tire them out or frustrate them to the point where they make judgement errors trying to win the ball. Might sound churlish considering how talented and skilled they are but it is anaemic to watch. They are so good at what they do it entirely cancels out the opposing style.

Far prefer the counter attacking pacy direct play that Germany and Portugal have shown, leads to far more interesting games.
Well put sir.

Unread 19-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Tumescent Throb

england would probably be the worst one - but it would be a £#%&!ing good piss up next sunday night though

got no time for the whole spain £#%&!athon, but their tactics in this comp are very very interesting. croatia last night didn't have a clue what to make of it, determined to retain a conventional back line, and eventually fell into the trap. most teams get sucked on to a massed defence, but spain deliberately did the opposite. what with that and Martinez bringing a genuine (ie not the shit Roy Evans version) 3-5-2 back into the PL, then hopefully the rise of 3-1-2-2-2 will follow

Unread 19-06-2012, 05:47 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
england would probably be the worst one - but it would be a £#%&!ing good piss up next sunday night though

got no time for the whole spain £#%&!athon, but their tactics in this comp are very very interesting. croatia last night didn't have a clue what to make of it, determined to retain a conventional back line, and eventually fell into the trap. most teams get sucked on to a massed defence, but spain deliberately did the opposite. what with that and Martinez bringing a genuine (ie not the shit Roy Evans version) 3-5-2 back into the PL, then hopefully the rise of 3-1-2-2-2 will follow
You are sort of like the "prog rock" of football punditry.

Unread 19-06-2012, 05:48 PM
andyroo

More grock than pro tbh.

Unread 19-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

agree on portugal etc but think spain have responded to facing massed defences and moved it on. it is dull watching them retain possession but it's not their fault teams form a barricade as the only way to combat it. spain are now giving opponents the chance to be a bit more adventurous and it'll be interesting to see how it develops over the next couple of years

Unread 19-06-2012, 05:50 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
agree on portugal etc but think spain have responded to facing massed defences and moved it on. it is dull watching them retain possession but it's not their fault teams form a barricade as the only way to combat it. spain are now giving opponents the chance to be a bit more adventurous and it'll be interesting to see how it develops over the next couple of years
Closed Thread