United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-08-2021, 10:10 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Lukakus game has come on leaps and bounds btw.

And I think he will step up even more under Tuchel next season.

Know theres a few "lumplovers" on here still. He went to Italy and dominated and is now back to face braindead premier league defences.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bIaUVg4zDk
We know he's a good finisher and decent in the air, that was never the issue. What he does not have is any kind of decent touch, and is for the most part awful at link up play despite his size and strength.

I'm sure he'll do fine at Chelsea but we were absolutely right to get rid. Astonished we got as much as we did for him, even if it was an iou note written on the back of a tesco receipt

Unread 04-08-2021, 10:17 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
So Werner consigned to the bin after one year?

Good old Chelsea. The club where strikers go to die.
Will be used in the wide areas I'd imagine.

Tammy Abraham is £#%&!ed, CHO as well I'd imagine. So much for all that homegrown talent.

Unread 04-08-2021, 10:28 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Will be used in the wide areas I'd imagine.

Tammy Abraham is £#%&!ed, CHO as well I'd imagine. So much for all that homegrown talent.
Abramovich won't be going near the youth approach again after trying it with Fat Frank and utterly failing.

City have Foden.
Chelsea Mount and, maybe, Gilmour.
Liverpool have Arnold. None of the likes of Williams etc will get even a look in this season.

There's only one top tier side who actually promotes youth on a regular basis in the PL.

Unread 04-08-2021, 10:45 AM
Baron

Quote:
So Werner consigned to the bin after one year?

Good old Chelsea. The club where strikers go to die.
He plays from the left usually, he's not a no.9 by any stretch. Will probably thrive now Lukaku will be the one expected to bang them in.

I have no problem with acknowledging Lukaku is a fantastic goalscorer, his record speaks for itself - even when he was here he did decent numbers considering the god awful football we played. But it is irrefutable that he has absolutely £#%&! technique when it comes to controlling a football consistently, passing the ball with the right weight & to feet etc & generally has the finesse of Andy Carroll.

None of that means a jot if you score 25 a season though for most people. Not for me though. I £#%&!ing hate players like that.

If we have a 20% sell on fee, as well as the £45m they owe from the original transfer - we could be in line for enough to go get ourselves a proper midfielder.

Unread 04-08-2021, 10:47 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
He plays from the left usually, he's not a no.9 by any stretch. Will probably thrive now Lukaku will be the one expected to bang them in.

I have no problem with acknowledging Lukaku is a fantastic goalscorer, his record speaks for itself - even when he was here he did decent numbers considering the god awful football we played. But it is irrefutable that he has absolutely £#%&! technique when it comes to controlling a football consistently, passing the ball with the right weight & to feet etc & generally has the finesse of Andy Carroll.

None of that means a jot if you score 25 a season though for most people. Not for me though. I £#%&!ing hate players like that.

If we have a 20% sell on fee, as well as the £45m they owe from the original transfer - we could be in line for enough to go get ourselves a proper midfielder.
Sell on is worth about €5m according to Luckhurst

Still waiting for those big deals for Depay and Zaha so our cleverly placed clauses come to fruition

Unread 07-08-2021, 03:58 PM
dunk

€115m

Unread 07-08-2021, 04:00 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
€115m
Ridiculous and shows the lack of out and out goal scorers around these days.

If this goes through, he’ll have gone for £300m in his whole career

Unread 07-08-2021, 04:03 PM
armchair

Unread 07-08-2021, 04:06 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He’ll score a lot. He’ll look awful doing it.

The worst part is going to be people on here saying that we never should have sold him every time he scores.

Unread 07-08-2021, 04:06 PM
Sapien

Very odd. He's shit at football.

Unread 07-08-2021, 04:18 PM
ScarFace

Does this mean Inter have to actually pay us for him now?

Unread 07-08-2021, 04:24 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
There are no problems on that score, apparently they still pay as per the agreed schedule. We are due about 6% as a sell on.

Everton, United, Inter and Chelsea are probably all still paying for Lukaku

Unread 07-08-2021, 04:28 PM
d_knight

Should send some bailiffs to Stamford bridge for gits and shiggles.

Unread 07-08-2021, 04:29 PM
dunk

If they sign Kounde as well, they’ll have spent about £400m in 2 summers, I think

Unread 07-08-2021, 05:52 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Plus an extra €5m from the sell-on clause.

Unread 07-08-2021, 06:12 PM
Sparky***

£#%&!ing hell, with this and grealish it makes our business of sancho and varane look like bargains.

Unread 07-08-2021, 07:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
£#%&!ing hell, with this and grealish it makes our business of sancho and varane look like bargains.
Whatever happened to the Man United tax eh.

Unread 07-08-2021, 07:35 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Whatever happened to the Man United tax eh.
coronavirus

Unread 08-08-2021, 07:51 AM
windy waffles

Probably been told Haaland has his heart on us next summer so they went for this lump instead...

Unread 08-08-2021, 08:23 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Probably been told Haaland has his heart on us next summer so they went for this lump instead...
We categorically shouldn't be signing Haaland or any other Riola players.
Closed Thread