United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-10-2019, 04:40 PM
NegativeNorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Erm...

Not sure how he’d be allowed to continue, he looked out cold?
He was faking it, the cheating little shithouse. Apparently he was being 'streetwise" according to Giggs.
I like James, but his diving needs to stop asap. It's embarrassing.

Unread 14-10-2019, 04:43 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
He was faking it, the cheating little shithouse. Apparently he was being 'streetwise" according to Giggs.
Absolute rubbish, sorry.

Unread 14-10-2019, 04:53 PM
NegativeNorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Absolute rubbish, sorry.
You don't lay on a pitch pretending to be unconscious. I don't care what anybody says, that's disgraceful. If a player did that against Utd, we'd be going mental. Thing is, he didn't need to do it, it wasn't a great challenge. Not sure what he was trying to achieve.

He's getting a bad reputation for this already.

Unread 14-10-2019, 05:02 PM
believe

Quote:
You don't lay on a pitch pretending to be unconscious. I don't care what anybody says, that's disgraceful. If a player did that against Utd, we'd be going mental. Thing is, he didn't need to do it, it wasn't a great challenge. Not sure what he was trying to achieve.

He's getting a bad reputation for this already.
Is he?

Unread 14-10-2019, 05:20 PM
AK14

Quote:
Strange...

Or is Giggs only saying that to protect himself and medical team after allowing him to continue playing?

Not sure if I read it on here or on social media but for situations like that it would be good if you could make a temporary substitute like in rugby so the player can be assessed properly.

Unread 14-10-2019, 06:40 PM
NegativeNorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Is he?
He is. Hasn't he already been booked twice for diving this season?

Quote:
Strange...

Or is Giggs only saying that to protect himself and medical team after allowing him to continue playing?

Not sure if I read it on here or on social media but for situations like that it would be good if you could make a temporary substitute like in rugby so the player can be assessed properly.
Not sure tbh. But James admitted himself that he wasn't unconscious. So he was either just asleep, temporarily lost control of his eyelids, or he was being a bit naughty.

It's not just him though. This new generation of players all dive around like absolute fannies. Maybe it's being smart and just pushing the boundaries a bit. Whatever it is, I personally don't like it.

Unread 14-10-2019, 06:45 PM
AK14

Quote:
Both were harsh iirc?

Quote:

Not sure tbh. But James admitted himself that he wasn't unconscious. So he was either just asleep, temporarily lost control of his eyelids, or he was being a bit naughty.

It's not just him though. This new generation of players all dive around like absolute fannies. Maybe it's being smart and just pushing the boundaries a bit. Whatever it is, I personally don't like it.
Maybe he’s protecting the medical team too while also not wanting to be ruled out if the Liverpool game on the weekend?

Seems a bit odd to do if he was actually faking it though.

Unread 14-10-2019, 08:02 PM
NegativeNorris

Quote:
Both were harsh iirc?

Maybe he’s protecting the medical team too while also not wanting to be ruled out if the Liverpool game on the weekend?

Seems a bit odd to do if he was actually faking it though.
We've seen plenty of players faking head injuries and that in all of football, but pretending to be knocked out would be a new one. Not seen that since last time Audley Harrison boxed.

I'm making it sound like a big deal, which I don't think it is, but I just don't want to see one of our own players develop a bad reputation for these things.

Unread 14-10-2019, 08:14 PM
AK14

Quote:
We've seen plenty of players faking head injuries and that in all of football, but pretending to be knocked out would be a new one. Not seen that since last time Audley Harrison boxed.

I'm making it sound like a big deal, which I don't think it is, but I just don't want to see one of our own players develop a bad reputation for these things.
Tbh if he faked being unconscious then I think it is a big deal, A new low for footballers. Just not sure there’s a pro footballer thick enough to try it because of all the camera angles etc at every game these days?

Imagine if it’s true and someone’s caught him taking a peek

Unread 14-10-2019, 08:19 PM
Buck

Quote:
Tbh if he faked being unconscious then I think it is a big deal, A new low for footballers. Just not sure there’s a pro footballer thick enough to try it because of all the camera angles etc at every game these days?

Unread 14-10-2019, 09:28 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Yeah exactly...

Imagine him laying there catching some Z’s and then peeking out of one eye

Unread 14-10-2019, 10:19 PM
red in cumbria

Ronaldo got his 700th career goal tonight, he will probably get to well over 800 before he finally retires.

What an absolute beast

Unread 15-10-2019, 01:39 AM
Hector

Quote:

Was that Marco Materazzi who rolled around whilst covering his face with his hands, and then peeked to see if he got the foul?

The gif used to appear frequently.

Unread 15-10-2019, 05:33 AM
Patty_b

Giggs £#%&!ed up with this. He should have just said that James didn't lose conciousness and wasn't concussed, but was just in a bit of shock after the initial collision and stayed down and still while he was checked over to make sure everything was OK.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's actually what James did at the time, it'd be completely understandable, but they've managed to £#%&! it up no end.

Unread 15-10-2019, 06:09 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Giggs £#%&!ed up with this. He should have just said that James didn't lose conciousness and wasn't concussed, but was just in a bit of shock after the initial collision and stayed down and still while he was checked over to make sure everything was OK.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's actually what James did at the time, it'd be completely understandable, but they've managed to £#%&! it up no end.
This

Unread 15-10-2019, 12:39 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

In hindsight that’s probably what he would have said. However, backlash is a hard thing to anticipate when it’s this weird. He just said what pretty much anyone with a pair of eyes saw; that James bizarrely decided to pretend to be knocked out for a moment. God knows why. Freak.

Unread 15-10-2019, 12:40 PM
Sparky***

who cares, it's £#%&!ing wales.
Closed Thread